AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM
gbaby gbaby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Why should I wait---I already have Tidal. and Qobuz doesn't integrate with Roon, to which i purchased a lifetime subscription.

I don't listen much to Classical, mostly enjoying jazz these days, with a healthy dose of newgrass, Van Morrison, and Bob Marley, among others.

If Qobuz and Tidal work it out, I'll definitely check them out, especially since there are rumors of Tidal going out of business.

But I've had no trouble finding good new MQA and non-MQA content that I enjoy on Tidal despite having to wade through lots of hip-hop and other pop nonsense to find it.
You make a lot of sense to me. You've got great musical taste, too. Make sure you have "Revolution: Steve Winwood's Greatest Hits." I am buying a ton of CDs monthly; almost like an addiction. I import them as aiff files store them to be never played again. But, I own just about everything I like. I just purchased the first Five albums from the Crusaders and they were great inexpensive recordings. I was shocked at the fidelity. I just ordered Boz Scaggs five pack, the Chaka Khan and Wilson Pickett five pack. The Wilson Pickett CDs had extraordinary recordings.

Sorry for rambling.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM
moonhawk's Avatar
moonhawk moonhawk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
You make a lot of sense to me. You've got great musical taste, too. Make sure you have "Revolution: Steve Winwood's Greatest Hits." I am buying a ton of CDs monthly; almost like an addiction. I import them as aiff files store them to be never played again. But, I own just about everything I like. I just purchased the first Five albums from the Crusaders and they were great inexpensive recordings. I was shocked at the fidelity. I just ordered Boz Scaggs five pack, the Chaka Khan and Wilson Pickett five pack. The Wilson Pickett CDs had extraordinary recordings.

Sorry for rambling.
Thanks for the tips. Traffic was my favorite band back in the
late sixties, at the end of my short college career. I actually met them and partied backstage before a concert at UMass in Amherst, when I was living in Boston.

We sat backstage during the concert, and my Springer Spaniel, Boris, wandered out on stage while they were playing, and got a big laugh from the audience. Went back to their motel and partied till late at night. One of my favorite memories of those days. I'll check out that Winwood album.

You do know you could probably stream all that music you mentioned, don't you?
__________________
_______
Dave
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2018, 09:14 AM
JackK's Avatar
JackK JackK is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
You make a lot of sense to me. You've got great musical taste, too. Make sure you have "Revolution: Steve Winwood's Greatest Hits." I am buying a ton of CDs monthly; almost like an addiction. I import them as aiff files store them to be never played again. But, I own just about everything I like. I just purchased the first Five albums from the Crusaders and they were great inexpensive recordings. I was shocked at the fidelity. I just ordered Boz Scaggs five pack, the Chaka Khan and Wilson Pickett five pack. The Wilson Pickett CDs had extraordinary recordings.

Sorry for rambling.
Gbaby I think you and I need to share music libraries I didn't own the Revolution album ... I do now. I think between us we are depleting Amazon's cd inventory.
__________________
Theatre System: Anthem AVM60, MC207, Oppo BDP-95, B&W 803S, HTM3S, 805S, ASW825, Pioneer Elite 1130HD
Living Room: McIntosh MX119, MC601(2), Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, MVP861, Sonos Connect, McIntosh XR200
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM
gbaby gbaby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Thanks for the tips. Traffic was my favorite band back in the
late sixties, at the end of my short college career. I actually met them and partied backstage before a concert at UMass in Amherst, when I was living in Boston.

We sat backstage during the concert, and my Springer Spaniel, Boris, wandered out on stage while they were playing, and got a big laugh from the audience. Went back to their motel and partied till late at night. One of my favorite memories of those days. I'll check out that Winwood album.

You do know you could probably stream all that music you mentioned, don't you?
Meeting Traffic and Steve Winwood had to be and exciting experience. The good thing about the Steve Winwood CD is that it covers both Traffic and Steve Winwood. As far as Wilson Pickett, I hated him as a child. But having purchased the Box set for a little of nothing, I can appreciate both his singing and the Band. His band is smoking with horns and organs and overall killer musical sound. Most of the recordings were done at Muscle Shoals and sound somewhat tube like if you will. I am going to stop buying CDs as I am spending monthly much more than the subscription cost for streaming. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2018, 12:17 PM
gbaby gbaby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post
Gbaby I think you and I need to share music libraries I didn't own the Revolution album ... I do now. I think between us we are depleting Amazon's cd inventory.
I really liked this CD because it covers both Traffic and Steve Winwood. Its pretty long too. Let me know what you think. My buying is an addiction so I may back off and consider streaming. That will by quite a ways down the road as I have too much to listen to already.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-08-2018, 08:57 PM
gbaby gbaby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 711
Default

My BDP-2 has returned as a BDP-3. When I compare its sound as a BDP-3, I find it an appreciable sonic improvement over the BDP-2. Specifically, I found the BDP-3 gave musical notes more depth and extension and amplified subtle sounds that were somewhat muted in past listening to almost all songs. In addition the BDP-3 seem to flatten out my bass response making it more linear, extended and deeper without boom. Its like free equalization for me. I appreciate my transducers as they easily picked up the sonic improvements of the BDP-3. The USB output on the BDP-3 really sounds improved and at times exhibited a sound that was almost sweet for lack of a better choice of words. I am still listening to different compositions for a complete assessment of this unit, but for now its an A+. I do believe that the only way to make the BDP-3 play its maximum build potential is to use its built in Manic Moose using music on USB drives, preferably your own imported music on USB drives. See below:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...-media-player/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 PM
John Jordan John Jordan is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 295
Default

GBABY-

Glad to hear you are happy with the "3" upgrade. The sounds from mine are real great as well!
__________________
John
McIntosh C1100, MC275 VI lows, MC75's mids/highs, MR85, MCD205, Legacy Focus SE, VPI C-1 w/Denon 103R
Bryston BDP-3/BDA-3
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:22 AM
gbaby gbaby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
GBABY-

Glad to hear you are happy with the "3" upgrade. The sounds from mine are real great as well!
John, thanks for your response. I see, you too own the BDP-3/BDA3. These units together really have synergy that I know you can appreciate also.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-15-2018, 08:55 AM
John Jordan John Jordan is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
John, thanks for your response. I see, you too own the BDP-3/BDA3. These units together really have synergy that I know you can appreciate also.
Indeed they do GBaby!
__________________
John
McIntosh C1100, MC275 VI lows, MC75's mids/highs, MR85, MCD205, Legacy Focus SE, VPI C-1 w/Denon 103R
Bryston BDP-3/BDA-3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Fortress
Fortress
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase