AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 05-06-2014, 01:33 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Terry... The difference between Men & Boys is the Horsepower of their Toys.

Nicely Done!
Ivan,

I wondered where you were as I figured you would be in on this last post.

I agree ....

And then when that same guy can park it in the garage and go right up to his, (Custom Home Theater) it don't get any better.

Life is sometimes good .......

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Racing Hoopties

Sweet. Beautiful car - I can sense your pride. Wear it well!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 05-06-2014, 02:09 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Freaking Spectacular!!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Sweet. Beautiful car - I can sense your pride. Wear it well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Freaking Spectacular!!
Thank-You gentleman.

I will try to post some pictures of what was done one day when I get the camera back.

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Very nice classic redo of a classic car. What is your tire choice for the car?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Very nice classic redo of a classic car. What is your tire choice for the car?
Speaking of Tires & Wheels.

After speaking to as well as E-Mails back and forth to Mickey Thompson.

If in fact M/T does introduce their Street Comp 305/35-20" tires I will run those on their 10.5" SC-5 wheels in the rear.

On the front I am going with the M/T Street Comp 245/45-20" tires on 9" SC-5 wheels.

My local Discount tire store already has the fronts and holding them for me.

Just waiting on the rears to be made and ready for sale to the public by M/T.

The rears were suppose to have been to market this past April and that date was changed to now July 2014.

M/T has the rears in their 2014 Catalog but they are actually not available yet.

My opinion is this is going to be a very nice set-up once I can get them on the Bullitt.

Terry

A few Pics of the SC-5 M/T wheels.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:12 PM

Post This post will be disclosing the on going aggravating issues .....

This post will be disclosing the on going aggravating issues ..... For those interested,

I have not posted anything on here in years now about the 2008 Bullitt Mustang I own.

Just thought I might share this will you Car Guys !!!

Many of you know that I have been having DBR Performance in Springhill, TN. working on my Bullitt.

What you don't know is what, (Serpentine-Belt-Noise) that I finally got totally Fed-Up with and made the decision to get things fixed once and for all.

This actually all started way the heck back when mine was converted from the 6-Rib to the 8-Rib set-up.

It started making the squeaking just every once in awhile and over time just simply got much more frequent.

I tried switching serpentine belts to the (Green) Heavy-Duty-Belt and it seemed to stop for awhile then as usual came back.

Also tried different belt type dressings.\ and at best they only worked short term at best !!!

The above might seem like no big deal but I can assure you some things are not easily corrected no matter what Performance Shop and Technician is doing the work.

I have waited to do this post for a couple of reasons.
1st off to make sure the issues were totally corrected and I think they are from the driving I have recently done in it plus Jon at DBR testing it also.
2nd, because I feel like many people don't really want to read a (Lengthy, Drawn-Out) story, that being the case how to share this and keep it short.

So, the issues I wanted taken care of were, serpentine belt slippage, squealing, squeaking that has been going on for a heck of a long time.

Here is the 1st items that Jon did below,

And he did those things as I found the information in a Magazine Article and shared it with him on the pulleys.

This is after the "Griptec" coating

Next was replacing the Steeda serpentine belt tensioner with a Billet Heavy-Duty Unit

Next Jon added the Heat Shielding / Silencers to the Rear (Borla Touring) axle-backs
I also read about these and decided to give them a try while Job had the car
The intent was to just maybe make the cabin more livable as in quieter

So, did the above actually accomplish silencing the Serpentine Belt Squealing / Squeaking as well as the serpentine belt slipping ???
Yes, the serpentine belt definitely is not slipping any-longer.
But,
Nope I picked it up and drove it home to Discount Tire to have the Left-Front wheel & tire balanced.
I had scratched it going through the drive up at Bank of America.
So new one was installed and needed to be balanced.
As I pulled out of Discount Tire the serpentine belt started once again making noise.
So called DBR and simply drove it back to them and dropped it back off.
Cathy (Wife) drove over and picked me up from DBR.

So here is the final invoice from last Friday March 3rd of March 2017 and the list of things Jon did

Jon removed all the idler pulleys and then called me to drive over so he could show me what he found
All the pulleys bearings were real rough and you could see where the grease had come out the back side of them
(Turns out they were "Single-Bearing-Idler-Pulleys")
He ordered all four replacement ones but this time he ordered (Double-Bearing Racing Idler Pulleys)
While waiting for them to arrive he took the other two apart and rebuilt them so they were also new and those were Double-Bearing Pulleys
Next Jon test drove the Bullitt for like days on end as weather permitted.
What he found was that as he drove it at a certain speed the serpentine belt made the noticeable Squealing sound.
Once he would let up on the gas it would never make the sound again.
So he and David discussed it and they mutually decided that if they hooked it up to their Dyno they probably could get it to make the noise.
Jon called me for permission to hook it up to the dyno to try to Duplicate the noise and I obviously said have at it guys.
Sure enough once they hooked it up they could then look under the hood while the other was in the driver's seat and finally Duplicate the noise over & over.
They then called me to show me what the heck was causing the on going never ending noise from that serpentine-belt.
It's only like a 20-minute drive to them so I get there and sure enough they could get it to do it over & over easily.
It was the Innovator's West 18% overdrive Crank Damper.

So DBR Performance ONLY uses ATI for the Crank Damper and said they wanted to go with it as they had Never had a Failure using the ATI.
I signed off on it and Jon then got it on order.
Turns out that the ATI one is actually a 20% overdrive unit which is very little difference in size between it and the IW 18% one.

The ATI comes in and Jon does the install and also replaced the Serpentine Belt with a new one (After) he tested it with the one that was on
the engine when it was still making the noise.
That way he could be sure that simply putting a new belt on is not why the noise went away.

While he had the Crank Damper off he also checked the (Crank-Seal) and it also was worn so he installed a new one.

Here it is on the Dyno and this is when they actually found out what was still making the noise from the serpentine belt issue

Below are pictures Jon took of the IW and the ATI replacement.
It's probably hard to see in the pictures but the IW was badly worn and had like a knife edges to it.

Jon, Also switched positions of two of the idler pulleys.
The Larger one he placed where it provided much better belt wrap the the Small Roush S/C Pulley.
(The Roush has a Custom Pulley that is very small so needs all the help it can get from the "Griptec" Coating and the Larger idler pulley)
The small one that was where the larger one is now he moved to where it provided belt wrap to the alternator.
The alternator had plenty of belt wrap so the smaller idler pulley was just fine in it's new position.

So all was completed as you saw above in the text as well as the pictures.
So time to pick it up while it was a pretty sunny afternoon.
Seems appropriate to me to take some pictures of David (Owner) & Jon (Shop Foreman) as I picked up the Bullitt.
I will add that both of them are Super nice guys and they do care about their customers.
I'm thankful that over a year ago I met them in person and have had positive dealings with them everytime I have dealt with them.

Left to right,

David & Jon

Jon pulling it out

Left to Right

David, Me & Jon

So I picked it up and drove it around with no noise at all from the very elusive serpentine belt.

Drove over to Bobby Price's house the next day (Saturday) and we had breakfast at the local White House Cracker Barrel.

Then we hung out for the rest of the day until it was time for some Domino's Large Pizza.
(Meat Lover's guys and it was Killer)

Here is Bobby as I was getting ready to head out while it was still light outside.
(I hate not being able to see the tractor-trailer tire-cases in the middle of the interstate at night)

Oh Bobby did a short video I can share with you guys.

Lastly I took it for it's 2017 Federal Emissions Testing yesterday see below the results.

Lastly stopped off at Shell and filled it back up with 93-Octane pump gas.

Off to it's home after that and it's in the garage with the wife's new 2017 Golf R we just purchased a few weeks ago.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......That was a fun read and great photos. Thanks for the effort. Happy to know the issues have been solved.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-07-2017, 10:16 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Terry.......That was a fun read and great photos. Thanks for the effort. Happy to know the issues have been solved.
Hi Dan,

Well I use to post on here about the Bullitt but simply I suppose got lazy.

So thought I would do this post and bring guys back up to speed on it.

It lives.

Terry

Old 03-08-2017, 12:49 AM

Holy crap Terry. What an adventure. I'm not a Mustang guy, but that's one nice ride. I'm glad you got it all sorted out.