AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM
piolaxo's Avatar
piolaxo piolaxo is online now
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,453
Default

Thanks for the docs Ivan!!
__________________
Main: Mc C2200 (GLs) and MC207, Yamaha RXV1 and GE-60, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, SMS-1, PS Audio PPP, Pioneer DT-555, Samsung 50" Plasma TV
JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II
Office: Sony TA-F700ES, MDS-JA50ES and SEQ-333ES, Bryston BHA-1 and BUC-1, Linn Tukan, PC Server
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Masterlu's Avatar
Masterlu Masterlu is online now
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner



 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South FL & Cape Cod MA
Posts: 68,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
Thanks for the docs Ivan!!
__________________
Ivan
FLORIDA
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A250 AMPS, C3850 PRE-AMP, DP950 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC950 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-58 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO, FORTRESS SEATING, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1/D1 STACK, G01X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) PS AUDIO P20, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1 CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000T/PS8, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
Bryston/Esoteric System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS, BIT-15(2) AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WIREWORLD PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E650 INTEGRATED, DP560 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WIREWORLD GOLD CABLES
Bryston Active System: BP26 PRE-AMP, MPS2 POWER SUPPLY, BAX-1 CROSSOVER, BDA-3 DAC, BDP-3 PLAYER, BCD-3 CD PLAYER, BIT15(2), MODEL T ACTIVE SPEAKERS, 21B3 CUBED AMPS, SILENZIO, TARGET RACK, WIREWORLD SILVER CABLES
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Still-One's Avatar
Still-One Still-One is online now
It is turned down!!!!


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Milford, MI
Posts: 31,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
I predict that this will be one of the best performing pre-pros available to date.
I do like the silver better than the black.

Jim
__________________
Jim

AMP's: Momentum M-400's
Pre-amp: D'Agostino Momentum
Digital:dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
Analog:SME 20/3 , Esoteric E-03, Benz Ruby
Speakers: Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2
Cables: Transparent Opus Speaker & Interconnects & Power Cords
Cables on Digital Shunyata
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM
piolaxo's Avatar
piolaxo piolaxo is online now
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,453
Default

I normally prefer all the gear in black, but somehow the Bryston products look better
in silver.

Sal
__________________
Main: Mc C2200 (GLs) and MC207, Yamaha RXV1 and GE-60, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, SMS-1, PS Audio PPP, Pioneer DT-555, Samsung 50" Plasma TV
JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II
Office: Sony TA-F700ES, MDS-JA50ES and SEQ-333ES, Bryston BHA-1 and BUC-1, Linn Tukan, PC Server
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Volks's Avatar
Volks Volks is online now
PEACE TO ALL
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CANADA/ALBERTA
Posts: 4,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
I normally prefer all the gear in black, but somehow the Bryston products look better
in silver.

Sal


I agree........Bryston looks better in Silver to me as well
__________________
Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,KEF Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mac MT 10 TT,Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, Salamander AC 5 Rack,.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 AM
chessman's Avatar
chessman chessman is offline
From the BAT cave ...


 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 11,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
I agree........Bryston looks better in Silver to me as well
Me too, and I would normally go black.
__________________
Randy (1158) - Wilson Sophia 2; BAT VK-600SE, BAT VK-52SE, Esoteric K-01; JL Audio F113 x3; Sound Anchor Stands; Exact Power EP-15 and SP-15; Oppo BDP-83 SE; Bryston SP3; Emotiva MPS-1; Sony VPL-VW285ES 4K front projector; 92" Stewart Firehawk; Rocket 200, 300, 750; ASC Tube Traps; WireWorld Silver Electra 5^2 PC's, Silver Eclipse 6 IC's and Silver Eclipse 6 SC's; Shunyata Sigma HC (x2) amp to wall; Shunyata Hydra 6/Black Mamba CX-HC and Shunyata MPC-12/Venom HC power distribution and conditioning; Stillpoints Ultra 5, Ultra SS and Mini isolation; Clearaudio Concept (MC) turntable; PS Audio GCPH phono stage; Bryston 10B-SUB active cross-over; Sonos streaming; W4S Remedy upsample and clock; Silenzio media server; WireWorld Platinum Starlight USB.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Removed Removed is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
I normally prefer all the gear in black, but somehow the Bryston products look better
in silver.

Sal
I'm partial to silver too....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is online now
It's not just the music!


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 18,642
Default

I guess a Bryston pre/pro would be nice for my Bryston powered theater but I doubt this one can spank my Krell S1200!

Only Krell designed preamplifier circuitry is employed within every channel utilizing discrete current based Class A, direct coupled circuitry for the greatest signal purity and highest bandwidth. Performance robbing op amps or integrated circuits are not used anywhere in the audio path. Preamp mode bypasses all digital circuitry and routes analog stereo inputs directly to a balanced resistor ladder volume control for ultimate music reproduction.


The heart of a Krell surround sound preamp/processors is sound quality. We start with a great sounding preamplifier and then pair that to the latest in surround processing technology. The S-1200 3D includes our finest audio and video engineering plus the latest in connectivity technology, to insure the ultimate home theater experience for our customers. Borrowing key technologies, the audio signal path is a direct descendant of our Evolution 707 3D Reference Surround preamp/processor. The S-1200 3D also uses the same DSP engine and 1080p video stage from the Evolution 707 3D. Also available without 3D compatibility, the S-1200 and S-1200u presents a purity of sound and video resolution previously unavailable in home theater systems.

At the hub of the S-1200 3D digital signal processing is a pair of dual core 32 bit Cirrus CS497004 DSP's performing 1.8 giga operations per second. Digital signals are then routed to 24 bit ESS Sabre DACS.


The video content is treated to the same high performance engineering as the audio signals. Video circuitry takes full advantage of the new Deep Color specifications. Maximum color depth has been increased from 24 bits to 48 bits and bandwidth from 165MHz to 340 MHz. Full video transcoding converts composite, S-Video, or component inputs to HDMI signals. Furthermore, the S-1200u 3D model includes upconversion to a maximum of 1080p resolution. The S-1200 3D is a true "one connection solution " with on-screen display, configuration menus, and status messages available from all active video outputs including HDMI.

Last edited by PHC1; 11-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
Kal Rubinson Kal Rubinson is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I guess a Bryston pre/pro would be nice for my Bryston powered theater but I doubt this one can spank my Krell S1200!

Only Krell designed preamplifier circuitry is employed within every channel utilizing discrete current based Class A, direct coupled circuitry for the greatest signal purity and highest bandwidth. Performance robbing op amps or integrated circuits are not used anywhere in the audio path. Preamp mode bypasses all digital circuitry and routes analog stereo inputs directly to a balanced resistor ladder volume control for ultimate music reproduction.


The heart of a Krell surround sound preamp/processors is sound quality. We start with a great sounding preamplifier and then pair that to the latest in surround processing technology. The S-1200 3D includes our finest audio and video engineering plus the latest in connectivity technology, to insure the ultimate home theater experience for our customers. Borrowing key technologies, the audio signal path is a direct descendant of our Evolution 707 3D Reference Surround preamp/processor. The S-1200 3D also uses the same DSP engine and 1080p video stage from the Evolution 707 3D. Also available without 3D compatibility, the S-1200 and S-1200u presents a purity of sound and video resolution previously unavailable in home theater systems.

At the hub of the S-1200 3D digital signal processing is a pair of dual core 32 bit Cirrus CS497004 DSP's performing 1.8 giga operations per second. Digital signals are then routed to 24 bit ESS Sabre DACS.


The video content is treated to the same high performance engineering as the audio signals. Video circuitry takes full advantage of the new Deep Color specifications. Maximum color depth has been increased from 24 bits to 48 bits and bandwidth from 165MHz to 340 MHz. Full video transcoding converts composite, S-Video, or component inputs to HDMI signals. Furthermore, the S-1200u 3D model includes upconversion to a maximum of 1080p resolution. The S-1200 3D is a true "one connection solution " with on-screen display, configuration menus, and status messages available from all active video outputs including HDMI.
Did you just write that?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:34 PM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is online now
It's not just the music!


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 18,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Did you just write that?
Copy and paste, so much easier!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase