AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 AM

Wow, beautiful sound system and room.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknik1 View Post
Update to my earlier post, I went with the A 65 to drive the S25,s. I had the Dynaudio stand 6 modified with a larger top plate for better support and added Alto Extreamo Lyd 1,s between the stand and speakers for isolation and used TracAudio footers to raise the speaker's tweeter to 41 inches inline with my sitting position and to further isolate the speaker. The stands are 2/3 full of three different material, lava rock ( small) sand and rice.
May you enjoy it in good health!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:57 PM

Nice set-up.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:57 PM

Thanks guy,s.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:06 AM

Hello Everyone -

I have a pair of Special 25s for the US 15th Anniversary. These are individually numbered on the backplate and were listed to a total of 75 pairs. I have pair 16 of those 75. The color of my speakers is also a much darker color than the photo from Tecknik1 which I believe is the Euro version for the 25th anniversary.

I was at my dealer looking for something new and here where these lonely speakers sitting in the the corner that looked right out of 1979 or so. We set them up and I listened for a few hours. The funny thing is I new they where just "right" for my tastes. They are really wonderful for how I use them and I would never give them up entirely.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:14 AM

Updated photo with the changes I've made for the better, I think ' for now anyways.

I have installed Symposium Ultra Shelf for the amp, two svelte one for the dac and one for the server. The dac has been double isolated with Alto-Extremo neo flex between the solid steel shelf and svelte shelf and also between svelte and dac.The solid steel rack has had the columns filled with lead shot and sand, the solid steel spikes have been replaced with Finite Elements Classic footer.The rack is now infinitely more solid.

The Dynaudio stands were 3/4 full at the time of the first post are now completely full with lead, sand and rice, total weight of the stands is now 34 kilos plus 13 kilos for the speakers with a total mass weight of 47 kilos or 103.4 lbs.

The speakers are now 10.6 feet apart from tweeter to tweeter, tweeter to front wall 71 inches, tweeter to side walls 53 inches, toe in has the tweeters passing just behind my head where I sit 12 feet away. The 25s need alot of space to breath both in the size of the room and away from reflections has much has possible. Room size is 6 meters X 10 meters, ceilings are 3.2 meters. The latest speaker placements has taken months to dial in. Imaging and soundstage is spectacular.

The Accuphase C3800 has been replaced with the AR Ref3 pre, just got to have tubes to give that life like distortion we love.

I stream all my music which has been isolated as much has possible with LPS on router, switch, FMC , FMC on the dac side is battery powered. Heading to Hong Kong in the next couple off weeks where I hope to pick up some ethernet isolators to go between router and switch, switch and FMC, FMC and server.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2142.jpg (91.1 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-03-2018, 03:59 PM

How are the Arc Ref.3 doing compared with the Accuphase 3800 ? in terms of 3D and musicality ?
Old 11-05-2018, 07:24 AM

The Ref 3 is a big step above the C3800 in terms of 3D presentation and musically I believe because of the tubes, the soundstage is wider and more realistic in terms of size and separation but the 3800 was slightly deeper at the time when I had both in the house to compare. The Ref 3 to my ears and system was a clear winner.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:31 AM

Tecknik1 , thank you very much. Its interesting to hear that.