AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Old 07-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Le Tour

With the World Cup almost settled in Paris, it’s time to start talking about the other world class sporting event that will also end up in Paris - albeit unlikely with a Frenchman in the winners circle.

The Tour de France even with doping scandals is an incredible spectacle with even more incredible athletes. When they are on the ground rolling, it is not from someone touching their ankle, it’s likely from a 70+ km/h crash.

I love this event and will watch everyday with the help of tap delay.

After Stage 4 we have two Belgians, an American and a Brit in the top 4.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Retired

No question it is a great race. As a road bike rider, I'm always amazed at the speeds they maintain for ~100mi most days. Even at my best (many years ago) they are still 8-10mph faster.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 07-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Le Tour

My highlight was completing a century ride with a buddy in 4hrs 10 minutes. However, that was in Delaware and just plan flat. I was spent and while I could have done it in less than 4 hours if I had been in a large Peloton the entire ride, there wouldn’t be much more upside.

These guys are athletes.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 07-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Retired

Was that the Icicle Century? Used to ride the Tri-County, Covered Bridge & Taxing Centuries
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 07-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Was that the Icicle Century? Used to ride the Tri-County, Covered Bridge & Taxing Centuries

Don’t remember the name of the ride but it started and ended in Salisbury MD. Oops, not Delaware... Started at the University, wandered out to Assateague Island then back.

I also did a few Gap Gallops out of Northampton but never approached 4hrs in those. Maybe 5... APCI was a hot bed of pretty capable riders that all wished they were racing at the velodrome.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:47 PM

I did 30 min on the stationary bike this morning in the gym ..............
Old 07-12-2018, 03:13 PM

The scenery is one of the best parts of watching Le Tour. 15 years ago I convinced my wife that we should spend our honeymoon cycling through the biggest climbs in the Alps. She of course thought it would be fun & it certainly was a great trip of a lifetime. 2003 was LA's 5th tour "victory", but here a German fan thought not. This is the top of the Col D'Izoard (my wife in the red jersey )

Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker+Kuzma 4-point+Miyajima ETR-MONO SUT & Miyajima Infinity (Mono) // Hana Umami (Stereo)
Tweaks: Shakti Stones, GIK Panels, IsoAcoustics Feet
Old 07-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
I did 30 min on the stationary bike this morning in the gym ..............
Dave - how far did you get?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Dave - how far did you get?
had a flat tire, not far ! .....
Old 07-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventoux View Post
The scenery is one of the best parts of watching Le Tour. 15 years ago I convinced my wife that we should spend our honeymoon cycling through the biggest climbs in the Alps. She of course thought it would be fun & it certainly was a great trip of a lifetime. 2003 was LA's 5th tour "victory", but here a German fan thought not. This is the top of the Col D'Izoard (my wife in the red jersey )

Great pic, Ventoux. Yes, the scenery is beautiful. It's one of the reasons I watch every minute of the tour I can; even during "slow" stages like the past two days. I really enjoyed watching The Giro for the first time this year. Northern Italy is stunning.

Even though stages 7 and 8 were a bit long and tedious, the last 50k and the sprints have been great. I'm really looking forward to stage 9. The Roubaix cobbles have the potential to really shake up the GC.

Cheers,

Scott