AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 08-14-2015, 10:22 AM

Douglas - That is very generous and kind of you, taking your own time and effort to directly help another AA member in need. I'm sure that bratt will appreciate it greatly. You are a valuable member of this forum and set a fine example for the rest of us!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
Douglas - That is very generous and kind of you, taking your own time and effort to directly help another AA member in need. I'm sure that bratt will appreciate it greatly. You are a valuable member of this forum and set a fine example for the rest of us!
Thx Audio Bill.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:26 AM

Default Now i have to tell you the whole story of Vivid Giya G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Bratt, I chatted to the CEO of Vivid, and he confirmed that they changed dealership in Korea because the old dealer that you bought from did not move any product. It appears that the old dealer is sour about the whole thing! Apparently they had stock just sitting for a very long time.

Philip confirmed that he did chat to the new dealer in korea about the situation and the dealer, details below, is more than willing to help you order parts, etc. It is their preference that the dealer handles this rather.

Design & Audio
Jung Young Jong
+82 2-540-7901 T
+82 2-540-7989 F
kattie21c@naver.com
Design And Audio Partners

Bratt it appears that you got the speakers very cheap, what did you pay if I may ask?

I would recommend you go and chat to Jung Young Jong and let him sort you out. They will come to you and do the installation of the tweeter, but you would have to pay for the part.

Regards,
Douglas

Thank you so much for your help Douglas.

Now i have to tell you the story of what happened Vivid Giya G2.

As i got a response to contact Design and Audio already as per CEO emailed me at the very first period, I called Design and Audio a few days ago. I was required to pay a couple of thousand dollars for just one inspection of my speakers. Also, If there is any problem, extra payment will be added, Only for the tweeter replacement costs $1,500USD and some more with costly price for replace it or ship back to Vivid about $3,000 and more and more. It sounded like they are not willing to figure out the problem.

It means that I should pay for extra more than $5000USD to fix the new speakers that were purchased several days ago.(i have to fix my new speakers?)
As it doesn’t make any sense, I emailed Vivid and CEO a few times after i contacted Design and Audio, but i haven’t got any reply for 3 past days.
and Douglas got contact and told same thing to him but my email was just ignored.

And what Design Audio just told me is..

"The former dealer's Vivid products are not the newest one, and the G2 is now changed to a new version, which is newly installed with better/fixed network system and all new driver. Since it got a big change, the speaker is totally different”
that is why the former dealer is selling the products with discounted price.

Does this mean that Vivid made products with very poor quality a few years before?
do you guys believe this?

I hate the people says lies behind and try to win the race.

if this is true, vivid audio made a huge mistake that they should never have mentioned about anywhere in website, and no one knows.

Anyways,
As the information shown on the final product inspection report,
it was packed "17/12/2014” (please find photo of the paper)
this means this is not the old one and it doesn’t appear like sitting for a very long time.

When my speakers were unpacked in front of me, it was well packed and the products didn’t seem like it was repacked.

here is what i asked to Vivid.

1. Tweeter dent which is very tiny, and tiny whole on mid and creased. (only one speaker)
2. pretty big paint peel off (a few) (same speaker with tweeter dented one)
3. deep scratches by shape edges(i think by grill) (same speaker with tweeter dented one
)
4. bad quality polishing (Stain and hologram everwhere)
5. many dots and dust under the Clear coat
6. bad sending marks under the clear coat.

Yes, i can say i am bit of a sensitive man but this is it.

From Now i am thinking if Vivid contact me and explain how to fix the tweeter and how much is it..? or provide me because the dealer is also part of Vivid even the old one.
anyway i bought new and i paid for new, and former dealer keep says it is new.
than Vivid don’t have any responsibility of this?
and ignore custome’s emails?

so
I decided to open this issues with some of the photo of damaged/problems.
i don’t think these are all from the dealer there is no evidence, and Vivid also have No evidence, and not with no other actions and i don’t agree with CEO at all..

“I can assure you that this speaker did not leave our factory with ANY of these issues you have raised.”

i don’t think dealer re-paint this and re-sanding and paint new clear coat over the top, because if it is true there will be no scratches.

and especially for only one speaker is not in good condition with scratches.

well, i have contact to many other Vivid user and asked how the quality is..
some people says good, but not as some other company’s..
some people says, it is bad, as per money paid.

these issues, and i can reprint the parts of peeled off, and i can polish the bad quality of finishing on clear coat.

how about tweeter?
Do i have to pay $1300 or $5000 as Design and Audio want to?
Vivid help dealer earn money like this way?
is this because that i got big discount?

where is Vivid after Service?

why don’t Vivid contact me and say what to do?
Ignore is not all they can do.

if i don’t want to buy tweeter via Design and Audio, i can not get the replacement right? because Vivid is never response.

if i have to, i can pay $234 for the replacement of tweeter but i have no idea who made this, and do i still need to pay the replacement for mid tweeter that has small hole? with yellow colored? and some creased?

is this dealer made a hole??

it just sounds like dump all that on old dealer.

This is what i thought if Vivid is real hi-end maker, they will care of this and will contact me with better solution.
the amount of products included the After Service. it doesn’t matter whatever i paid and dealer has changed or not.

I am sorry guys for this bad things on peaceful forum and hope you guys understand my situation.
i just hate the people talk lie for their own interests, and ignore.

i would post all the story of this to Korean forum and world wide if possible.

i know you will still love the Vivid Audio, and i do, i love the sound.

just feel bad that no body reply my inquiries.
and Design & Audio just telling me some stupid lies.

I know some other stories why they end the deal about old dealer and Vivid, but i would not tell you guys but Douglas i don’t think they end the deal because of no orders. former dealer is one of the top/big dealer shop in this country.

i will take more pictures if anyone want to see some other bad quality finishes.

and hope CEO or whatever Vivid people email me and introduce me what to do and acknowledgment.
Not via any dealer..

I don’t believe any body lies for their benefit.

hope any one can help me out of this, i am not good in english so it is hard to make conversation but i tried my best!!

http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/Stainww.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/Stain1.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/smalltweeter.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/scraches1.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/paintoff.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/1231.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/deepscraches.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/IMG_4749.JPG
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/off.jpg
http://www.stickerapt.com/uploads/mid.jpg
Old 08-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Life is beautiful

^^^^^ Well done Douglas!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 08-24-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Bratt, I chatted to the CEO of Vivid, and he confirmed that they changed dealership in Korea because the old dealer that you bought from did not move any product. It appears that the old dealer is sour about the whole thing! Apparently they had stock just sitting for a very long time.

Philip confirmed that he did chat to the new dealer in korea about the situation and the dealer, details below, is more than willing to help you order parts, etc. It is their preference that the dealer handles this rather.

Design & Audio
Jung Young Jong
+82 2-540-7901 T
+82 2-540-7989 F
kattie21c@naver.com
Design And Audio Partners

Bratt it appears that you got the speakers very cheap, what did you pay if I may ask?

I would recommend you go and chat to Jung Young Jong and let him sort you out. They will come to you and do the installation of the tweeter, but you would have to pay for the part.

Regards,
Douglas
hi Douglas,

Sorry for border you but can you please help me out with order tweeters replacement?

if you can please contact me by email? or give me your email address?
i would be get out of this issues and just want to order new tweeter my-self.

but Vivid is still not getting back to me so if you could help to order tweeter parts.. it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.. i dont find how to send messages yet..

Last edited by jdandy; 07-18-2016 at 05:15 PM. Reason: posting email address is against forum rules
Old 08-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
hi Douglas,

Sorry for border you but can you please help me out with order tweeters replacement?

if you can please contact me by email? or give me your email address?
i would be get out of this issues and just want to order new tweeter my-self.

but Vivid is still not getting back to me so if you could help to order tweeter parts.. it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.. i dont find how to send messages yet..
Bratt, I will email you

Regards,
Douglas

Last edited by jdandy; 07-18-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Posting email adress against forum rules, removed email address from quote.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremayne View Post
I agree with Douglas & Bart, mine were delivered in superb condition, no scratches or dents. The front firing drivers are all supplied as complete units with their integral tapered tubes. I've never had to replace one, so I can't answer on how easily they are to replace.
They are an incredible, royal pain to replace mostly because if you look at the drivers wrong you'll dent them again. I know because I had to have one replaced once and my dealer accidentally damaged the new one while installing it, so a second was ordered and installed:

Anything even remotely magnetic will instantly be sucked into the driver, damaging it; my dealer told me a story of a convention lanyard taking out a tweeter when they were being installed for an audio show.

However the finish issues the other photos show are certainly not what I know to be Vivid quality.

Last edited by BillK; 08-25-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Bratt, I will email you

Regards,
Douglas
hi again,
i am sorry for border you but when you have some time to send me an email please i await your email..

i should buy the tweeter replacement D26 and D50 one each.
i couldn't find anyone who can order only the dome parts, so.. please contact me~

mail@stickerapt.com
Old 08-26-2015, 04:26 AM

[quote=bratt;722481]hi again,
i am sorry for border you but when you have some time to send me an email please i await your email..

i should buy the tweeter replacement D26 and D50 one each.
i couldn't find anyone who can order only the dome parts, so.. please contact me~

No worries Bratt, I have been a bit busy the last few days. I just mailed you

Douglas

Last edited by jdandy; 07-18-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Posting email address against forum rules, removed email address from quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No worries Bratt, I have been a bit busy the last few days. I just mailed you

Douglas
hi Douglas again..

hope you are well..

and sorry for contact you again..

i think i could not get your emails from long time ago..

i was asking you for replacement of tweeters for my G2 speakers..
do you remember?

and as you can see my new thread, i have big damaged on my speakers..
D50, and D125s..

i really need your help.. please contact me if you have anytime..

Sorry for border you again.

Last edited by jdandy; 07-18-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: posting email address against forum rules.