AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Klipsch and Marantz together?

Curious if anyone has a pair of the Palladium with Marantz gear. I am thinking of trying another horn loaded speaker. Currently have the JBL 1400 Arrays with Marantz reference which I love but am looking forward to a tryout with Klipsch Palladium P-38 or 39.

Anyone have any advice?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:23 AM

3 comments

1. A fully horn loaded speaker would have a horn loaded bass bin
2. Bass bin is where you get the most cone movement hence, most distortion....and would be the place that would benefit most by being horn loaded (size & other things notwithstanding)
3. Palladiums would probably sound nice hooked to a 1970's Panasonic transistor radio!
4. You have a PM on the other site.

Ok, I said 3 comments & lied.... 4 comments
Old 04-19-2015, 12:49 AM

I f you could get Heritage speakers with all the latest woofer and driver technologies you would see a magnitude or more less distortion and Bob Crites would be out of business, but there is still room for Klipsch to improve their Heritage series. The question is why don't they. Would the costs of redesign from the bottom up be to much for the American consumer? Probably. All metal enclosures, or carbon fiber to stop resonances. All new drivers and diaphragm materials and carbon fibre mid and HR horns with all three sections driven by separate amps with modern processing to correct delay errors and to steer lobes in the crossover region toward the listener. I mean if people will pay 6 figures for a Magico speakers, why not half or 2/3 the amount for a modern Klipsch-horns done right extending the bass to below 20 Hz and the highs to beyond 20,000 Hz.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM

I m building a system for my daughter. Marantz AV 8801 processor MC 126 5 channel amp, Escient MX111 music server MVD 861 DVD players I'm lost on the speaker part. Have to use in wall speakers. Not sure about what to use. I have a budget of $1000for the 3 front speakers. I keep looking at Klipsch 5502 WII for about $800 this is ok with my budget but I really don't know a thing about them. They look good, the price is good
HELP
MC2205 (2) Mc 501 (3) MX150 (1) MS 300 (1) MVP881 (1) Yamaha BR A1020 3D player (1) NAD C658 Streamer DAC (1) Thorens TD295 MK IV, Mcintosh MP 100 Phono preamp, PS 112 Sub woofer (1) LS 340 (2) CS 350(1) HT -3 (2) mounted in ceiling
Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1120s View Post
Curious if anyone has a pair of the Palladium with Marantz gear. I am thinking of trying another horn loaded speaker. Currently have the JBL 1400 Arrays with Marantz reference which I love but am looking forward to a tryout with Klipsch Palladium P-38 or 39.

Anyone have any advice?
tom1120s: I just noticed that you started this thread almost 2 years ago. Did you make a change? What improvement were (or are) you seeking in sound quality?

Your JBL Project Array 1400 speakers look very interesting– though I’m surprised their sensitivity rating isn’t higher. Have you tried a tube amp with these speakers?

I have a stereo pair of Klipsch Palladium P-37F in a small room. IME, Klipsch speakers sound best with tube amps when playing classical music and opera. (For movies I use an NAD C375BEE solid-state integrated amp.) The P-37F excel at opera, because of their high frequency dynamics - there is no sense of strain when a soprano signs at full volume. The P-37F has slightly weak bass on some recordings, which can be compensated for via the amp’s tone controls. I’ve never heard the P38-F or P-39F, which have larger enclosures and larger woofers – presumably they’re capable of deeper and more powerful bass.

Here’s my system with the Palladium:

Have you considered the Klipsch RF-7 II?

The aesthetics of the RF-7 II are a definite step below the Palladium. However the RF-7 II is capable of more dynamic sound, and deeper bass. IME the RF-7 generally needs a tube amp with tone controls in order to tame the high frequency. (However, I’m currently experimenting with the RF-7s driven by a Dennis Had Inspire “Fire Bottle” SE Stereo Tube Amplifier HO (8wpc from KT88 wired as single-ended Class A triodes), directly fed by the variable output of my Oppo BDP-105 (i.e., no tone controls). This arrangement sounds excellent.

I’ve never heard the Klipschorn or La Scala. I can’t accommodate speakers that wide in any of my listening rooms. FYI, I’ve read about guys who skip the Klipsch consumer product line, and install the Jubilee. I haven’t heard the Jubilee – but again it’s impracticable for me due to size. (I suspect its forte is playing loud.)

Please post an update.