AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 01-20-2017, 08:56 AM

Classé plans on releasing a new stereo and mono amplifier this year, as well as a new Preamplifier. There will also be a 5-channel amplifier, but not a 3-channel (that's what mono amps are for.)

CES was not the premiere for the new Delta range (we showed products at CEDIA last year.) The premiere will be later this year, and there will be plenty of details at that time.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America
Old 01-26-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
Classé plans on releasing a new stereo and mono amplifier this year, as well as a new Preamplifier. There will also be a 5-channel amplifier, but not a 3-channel (that's what mono amps are for.)

CES was not the premiere for the new Delta range (we showed products at CEDIA last year.) The premiere will be later this year, and there will be plenty of details at that time.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America
I would really appreciate seeing a bi-amp switch on the stereo amp. Probably it should not be hard to implement and it will create additional benefit for the customer. Of course, also the possibility to sell more for the producer
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 PM

@Patrick: any more news when the new amps and pre-amp will be released?
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, SOtM-200 Ultra, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Supra/Van den Hul/ Isotek, AQ. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Old 03-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassej View Post
@Patrick: any more news when the new amps and pre-amp will be released?
I am curious that you have both the CA2300 and the Bryston 14BSS2 which puts out double the power output of the Classe. I owned the 802D2 and now have 802D3 and was contemplating upgrading to increase the power for example either considering the new Delta series with 350 watts of power or looking at the Bryston 14B cubed.

If you have hooked up your D2's with each of these amps, I would love to hear your experience in how the sound quality differs.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGale View Post
I am curious that you have both the CA2300 and the Bryston 14BSS2 which puts out double the power output of the Classe. I owned the 802D2 and now have 802D3 and was contemplating upgrading to increase the power for example either considering the new Delta series with 350 watts of power or looking at the Bryston 14B cubed.

If you have hooked up your D2's with each of these amps, I would love to hear your experience in how the sound quality differs.
Ha-ha, I am not using them at the same time. I have two systems, both with 802D2. It's more deep and better bass with the 14Bsst2 but it also have dubble the power. But right now I prefer the Classé. A little more "open and clear" but I want some more power for the bass handle and I am interesting of new Deltas. Maybe mono blocks?

Best regards
Lasse
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, SOtM-200 Ultra, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Supra/Van den Hul/ Isotek, AQ. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Old 03-01-2017, 05:57 PM

The BW D3 were voiced with the Classes... so if you want the designer's sound, then you have to go with Classe. I listened to the CAM600 for many months in my own system... and they are good. There was a lack of ultimate extension and projection with the Classe in my system compared to the amp I have now, but if you don't hear it, you won't miss it.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassej View Post
Ha-ha, I am not using them at the same time. I have two systems, both with 802D2. It's more deep and better bass with the 14Bsst2 but it also have dubble the power. But right now I prefer the Classé. A little more "open and clear" but I want some more power for the bass handle and I am interesting of new Deltas. Maybe mono blocks?

Best regards
Lasse
I understand what you are saying as I heard the same when I compared the Bryston 4BSST and is the reason I went with the Classe as it sounded smoother through the midrange however it is my understanding the new Cubed series from Bryston is vastly improved which is echoed through numerous reviews I have read and since I have a large room I am wondering just how big of a difference it would make to have 600 watts into 8 ohms versus the 300 I have now.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGale View Post
I understand what you are saying as I heard the same when I compared the Bryston 4BSST and is the reason I went with the Classe as it sounded smoother through the midrange however it is my understanding the new Cubed series from Bryston is vastly improved which is echoed through numerous reviews I have read and since I have a large room I am wondering just how big of a difference it would make to have 600 watts into 8 ohms versus the 300 I have now.
Yes, the new Cube get's good reviews. I haven't heard the new amps myself but I friend bought a 4B Cube, he had the older 4Bsst before, and he says the new Cube sounds smoother than the older sst.

I have a rather small music room, appx 25 square meters and 2x600W made a big different in the bass handling compared to 2x300W so I believe it will make a different for you too. But my room are having bass traps and other acoustic treatments. Before that the 802D2 did'nt work well att all in the room.

Best regards
Lasse
Old 07-19-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Patrick,

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Delta 3 line has been cancelled? and that Classe may be getting out of High-End two channel audio?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:24 AM

I understood that the delta 3 series will not come to the market and only the sigma range will stay....not sure if it is correct but it would be a pity...
Maybe Patrick can confirm this ?