AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 09-15-2016, 10:37 AM

Default Pass LAbs INT-60 in the house

Hello yesterday I got new Pass INT-60 that will drive my Sonus Faber Guarneri Evos (86db at 4 ohm). Never had Pass amps before. This amp is heavy!
Its braking in currently but I could not resists to give it a quick check.
Female vocals to die for. Great bass. The high freqs not fully developed yet. I hope it will change with brake in.
My only concern so far. is that I usually listen to moderate or below levels, never loud. So in order to get to this level with Pass INt-60 I had to turn the volume to the 50 (63 max). Do you think it is OK and will not put a lot of stress on the integrated long term? It will also be used for my HT system.

Do after market power cords make a difference for pass amps? What brands of power cords have a great match with Pass?

I did not want to go with INT-250 - more money and even bigger and heavier.
Plus I love class A.

Thank you.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:14 AM

Firstly congrats
I am wondering how you are going to use this for h/t because it doesn't have h/t bypass I believe!!
Are you using balanced cables for your sources?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:54 AM

Paul1, what I meant that I will be using it only playing 2 speakers getting audio signal from TV. I had full HT system and sold it to get Sonus Faber Guarneri speakers. Today my esoteric k-05x cd player should come and I will use my XLR cables only going forward. Any recommendations on a power cables will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Congrats!

I have int -60 with Wilson Sophia 2. /89db 4ohms/
Generally i play at 40 vol. Very good vol. for films and Audirvana stereo music.
The bass is excellent.
At 43-44 vol i see the needle start moving. (go to Class AB i think) Sonically without changes.

you must know that :

for 4 ohms speakers work in class A until 15-18W
for 8 ohms speakers work in class A until 30W

but this 15-20W in this int. looks like 30-40W in compares with anothers amps.

personally, after compares many sources, pass with esoteric source is the best match

My int60 broke after 180hs aprox. The mid-high freq. change radically.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:08 PM

mati1979, thank you for good info. I cant wait to connect the new esoteric cdp to pass. What power cord do you use with pass?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:24 PM

PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12
Old 09-15-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mati1979 View Post
Congrats!

....personally, after compares many sources, pass with esoteric source is the best match....
I'm hoping for this to be true too. I have an INT-250 coming next week that I'll mate with K03X to drive B&W 803 D2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
...What power cord do you use with pass?
Ditto on the 'congrats'! You may want to call or email PASS for their thoughts on after-market power cords. Kent is very customer-friendly. FWIW, one dealer I spoke with suggested sticking with the provided cord and said that the unit is voiced using that cord, so one should expect to hear what the good folks at PASS intend for you to hear by using it.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
Paul1, what I meant that I will be using it only playing 2 speakers getting audio signal from TV. I had full HT system and sold it to get Sonus Faber Guarneri speakers. Today my esoteric k-05x cd player should come and I will use my XLR cables only going forward. Any recommendations on a power cables will be appreciated. Thanks.
One thing I would do is get some wire world gold xlr cables I did they were awesome.
Give the pre amp section time to run in because now it sounds shit compared to what it will sound like.
Trust me I wanted to through my pre out the window and smash it to infinity I not normally angry ha ha oky Doky !!!
So be patient it will get better.
I am better now the rage has subsided!!!
Ok back to you
Old 09-16-2016, 10:19 AM

Aardvar and Paul1 thank you for the info. Yesterday I got brand new esoteric k-05x and connected it to pass labs int-60 using my (still one of the best) Jade gold reference XLR ICs. Wow, pass labs and esoteric are awesome pair. Even unbroken the sound is terrific.
I had Accuphase dp-550 and e-470 before, the Esoteric and Pass pair sound much better - bass in a different league, soundstage is bigger and imaging is more 3d and with more details.
I think with 0.8 series pass did an outstanding job and esoteric newest X series are much better than everything before (I had many esoteric CDPs starting with x-03se).
I wish I would get into pass 0.8 series before, it would save tons of money.
Still need to figure out power cord for pass. I guess the best way to do it is to rent several good brands and compare them with stock.

Aardvar, make sure you tape your jaw when you get your INT-250. With K-03x this pair will be a word class for sure.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:30 AM

I have the Pass Labs INT-60, and I use Siltech Royal Signature Ruby Mountain II power cable. I also use Siltech Royal Signature Prince speaker cable feeding signal to my Wilson Sabrina speakers. My source interconnect I use is Siltech Royal Signature Princess XLR to XLR. This setup sounds very good. If you can, go for Siltech cables. I had PS Audio AC-12 power cable, and Siltech blows it away. Better cables=better sound. Ron