AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 10-16-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
Can someone tell me if there were other generations of WW Electra power cords before the Electra 7? If so, what is different about the 7?
I have WW Electra 5^2s and don't know what distinguishes them from the 7 except, as Stephen notes, for the replacement of Composilex by Composilex II.

If it will help--and you don't mind a comparison with the 5^2 as well as waiting a few days until after it arrives--I've just ordered a Venom HC to see how it stacks up against the WW running from the wall to the Blue Circle power conditioner in my bedroom system. My Sonographe amp's power cord is hardwired in, so I can't do a direct shootout using the amp.

Depending on how the comparison goes, I'll share my impressions either here or in the Shunyata forum.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
I have WW Electra 5^2s and don't know what distinguishes them from the 7 except, as Stephen notes, for the replacement of Composilex by Composilex II.

If it will help--and you don't mind a comparison with the 5^2 as well as waiting a few days until after it arrives--I've just ordered a Venom HC to see how it stacks up against the WW running from the wall to the Blue Circle power conditioner in my bedroom system. My Sonographe amp's power cord is hardwired in, so I can't do a direct shootout using the amp.

Depending on how the comparison goes, I'll share my impressions either here or in the Shunyata forum.
I look forward to reading the results of your comparison.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I look forward to reading the results of your comparison.
I apologize for raising expectations, but, after giving it some thought based on my experience with my existing Wireworld lineup, I've changed my plans and cancelled the Venom HC order. I plan instead to compare the WW Electra 7 to my Electra 5^2 to determine what, if any, differences I can hear between them. Once I've done the comparison, I'll post my impressions in a separate thread here on the WW board.

Jim

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:05 AM

If you can go to silver electra go for it major improvement over electra
pierre
Old 10-19-2017, 08:49 AM

I've decided to forgo what could be a futile and overly expensive tweak with power cords. I'm going to just enjoy my system with the stock cords for now. Thanks for everyone's opinions.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I appreciate everyone's comments, but this is part of the reason why I've resisted jumping onto the power cord wagon for so long.
Frustration is part and parcel of audiophilia, given the variety of choices, the inevitable differences of opinion that accompany them, and the subjectivity that's built into our DNA (or at least whatever it is that connects our ears, brains, and we-like-it-or-we-don't gut).

You'd indicated an interest in pushing out the edge of your McIntosh-based envelope with a toe-dip into power cords. Might I suggest that the only way you're going to find out whether upgraded PC's push out that edge or not is to audition at least one? You've received a number of recommendations here, and taking up Ivan's offer to allow subscribers to actually listen to one of those recommended PC's (whether Venom, Electra, Silver Electra, or whatever) is a good way for you to determine whether an upgraded PC effects what your ear-brain-gut deem an audible--and worthwhile--improvement. Otherwise, given my own experience, you may find the question gnawing at you for eons.

Jim

Old 10-19-2017, 03:35 PM

I've tried a few cords over the past week and didn't hear any improvement worth spending money on. I'm in a happy place right now with my system and will spend the money on music.

Last edited by jayvis; 10-19-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
I've tried a few cords over the past week and didn't hear any improvement worth spending money on. I'm in a happy place right now with my system and will spend the money on music.
Good; enjoy your new music, that should always be the first priority. Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.