AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 09-25-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
It’s the sensationalized manner of the video that caused me to not even turn on the volume or watch more than half of it.

I am just so sick of that type of ‘news’ reporting that I have zero time for it.

I had a car 35 yrs ago that didn’t start and I now want to sue the manufacturer for pain and suffering because I was five minutes late for work and was fired.
Sensationalized is so 2018 though! Our society has grown very accustomed to it.

Back in the days when "men were men", one would fly through the windshield or the doors because there were no seat belts, airbags or any other safety devices in cars that weighed a few tons and crumpled like sardine cans from speeds one can reach on a bicycle... get up, limp to the side of the highway and yell "I'm OK!" while bleeding from every orifice...
Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 PM

Sadly the topic of the Corvette reminded me of Jerome Brown of the Eagles, RIP... whom I saw 2 days before he tragically died in a ZR1 with his 12 year old nephew in Florida if I recall. He told me about the car and how fast it was... He was a nice guy.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
LOL, who doesn't know about the ZO6 'overheating issue'. Like other performance cars haven't had their teething issues !!

Oh for sure. Plenty of examples of Ferrari, Lamborghini and others catching on fire. My 458 was delayed by almost 2 weeks as they had to remove and reinstall all the heat shield material as the bonding agent would catch on fire when too hot.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
What part of it is BS?

`
Sorry but,

A few of the recent comments to the clip that pretty well some it up IMO:

" Michael Schuyler
2 days ago
NONE of the crashes you showed have anything to do with the "defects" you list. It's all driver error. It's also funny that you would detail a C6 "defect" when the C7 has been out for six years now. The flying roof is a defect? Really? Another driver error because the idiots didn't latch down the roof. The corvette has its share of problems, but this 'drive by shooting' scatter gun approach does not do justice to the issues. Six years too late and a dollar short. Not impressed. "

" Cameron Hall
3 days ago
Posting about a problem 14 model years old as if it was new. Not cool. "

" Left Is Best
1 day ago
This idiot is talking about stuff from the 1978 corvette and showing pics of the new ones.. "

" Glenn Paladini
2 days ago
What are you talking about over head cam ? Over head valve push rod engine. PLEASE clarify "

" Michael Fitzgerald
11 hours ago (edited)
Shows the crank while describing faulty camshaft...fail "

--------------------And the winner is:

------------------------------" Fred Kost16 hours ago.The only flaw I see is the idiot that put this video together. "

__"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" apparently not Winston Churchill
_
Old 09-27-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
David, yes, as have I, multiple 911's of various sorts from your basic C2S to GT3RS with a turbo in between and have owned 4 Corvettes as well. Which appeals more is ultimately a personal choice and preference and let's not deny the price difference either which is obviously in favor of the Corvette. The C7 has definitely come a long way in terms of interior trim quality and does offer great performance. I sincerely hope the C8 will be even better and have no serious issues.
Serge you have a invitation to drive my C7 Z06 as I don’t think you have driven a C7 Z06. By the way speaking of cost , my Z06 cost more than my 2017 Maserati
Old 09-28-2018, 10:21 AM

Guys,

Some New Corvettes are not Cheap I can assure you.

The Z06 with the optional Z07 Performance Package below is my older brother's.
Certified check for $116,000.00 Plus US Dollars.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 09-28-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Some New Corvettes are not Cheap I can assure you.
I don't think any of us think that , rather 'affordable performance', especially compared to other sports cars.

Example ..... this years 'Lightning Lap' @ VIR where the ZR1 (141k) ran a 2:39.5 vs. the Porsche 911 GT2 RS (332k) ran a 2:37.8
Old 09-28-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Serge you have a invitation to drive my C7 Z06 as I don’t think you have driven a C7 Z06. By the way speaking of cost , my Z06 cost more than my 2017 Maserati
Thanks David, looking forward to it. As to the price, I was simply pointing out that the Corvette, while not cheap still offers a greater bang for the buck than a comparable Porsche product. If comparing an entry level model, the C7 is nearly half the cost of a 911. If comparing a flagship Z06, while it is over $100k, the flagship GT2RS is over $300k...

Last edited by PHC1; 09-28-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks David, looking forward to it. As to the price, I was simply pointing out that the Corvette, while not cheap still offers a greater bang for the buck then a comparable Porsche product. If comparing an entry level model, the C7 is nearly half the cost of a 911. If comparing a flagship Z06, while it is over $100k, the flagship GT2RS is over $300k...
True
The C7 made me look at the corvette differently. Prior to this I felt the C6 while a great performance car lacked a decent interior, plastic body work was cheap looking and I could not feel any attachment. When I first saw the C7 I had a less than one year old new 991 , 911 . I factory ordered a new C7 when I saw it . The rest is history . These cars are supposed to be about having fun, the C7 Z06 does this in spades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vette.jpg (287.1 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by 1KW; 09-30-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:19 PM

I’m looking forward to seeing and driving the C8 when it comes out. Based on what has been revealed/leaked thus far, it may be a game changer for many who would never have considered a Corvette.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,