AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
And when you think about it, though, the name is no sillier than a product line named for a fictional alien race from the planet Altair IV in Forbidden Planet, or DarTZeel, Lampizator, Shakti, or all those products named "XXXX Reference Signature Platinum"

Just sayin'...

Bravo! Especially XXXX Reference Signature Platinum.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Mike,
If you're hesitant to send in your Yggy for the upgrade, then I would definitely try out Eitr; that was one of the reasons they built Eitr; was for folks that didn't want to send their DAC right away, but wanted the benefit of the Gen 5 USB improvements. I am pretty confident you will be very happy with the improvement it brings. As for a decent digital RCA coax, I was able to get my Shunyata as an open box item for $85, so the expense wasn't very much. I'm sure Ivan would make you a good deal on a Wireworld RCA digital coax cable.

Also, if you need a DAC to use while you send in your Yggy; let me know, I'd be happy to send you my Light Harmonic Geek Out USB DAC on loan while your Yggy is at the Schiit-shop getting the upgrade. Schiit turned my upgrade around in one week, from time of receipt to shipping back out; you just have to get into "the queue" for the upgrade. Just send me a PM if you'd like to borrow it. Cheers!
– Stephen aka Puma Cat
Thanks for the generous offer Stephen! I'm still leaning towards the Eitr route for now, though I know the coax cable thing is a slippery slope that I'd be susceptible to tumbling down a good ways, haha...
Old 09-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Thanks for the generous offer Stephen! I'm still leaning towards the Eitr route for now, though I know the coax cable thing is a slippery slope that I'd be susceptible to tumbling down a good ways, haha...
Ha! Totally get the cable slippery slope thing. Maybe a rule of thumb would be to spend in the ballpark what Eitr costs for a cable; something in the $100-$175 price range. Also, you only need a 0.5 meter cable as Eitr could be placed close to Yggy, so that would allow room for a better cable, budget-wise.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.