AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 07-30-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
400 km is nothing over here - that's right ;-) To topic - yes, I Might actually start looking for a used pair - depending on what retail price I get for a new pair. Would have to be the Sasha 2 though - from what I hear a major improvement over the first series...
Sorry for my bad english - i'm better in french
Alexia is my third pair of WA, after the Sophia2 and the Sasha v1 that i love very much but need to sell.
Like it was said before, be carefull when you listen them : placement is everything with these speakers which they need a lot of attention. Move them just 5mm, and you will be surprise how the sound change ! It's like a Formula 1.

Frank
Old 07-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklmu View Post
Sorry for my bad english - i'm better in french
Alexia is my third pair of WA, after the Sophia2 and the Sasha v1 that i love very much but need to sell.
Like it was said before, be carefull when you listen them : placement is everything with these speakers which they need a lot of attention. Move them just 5mm, and you will be surprise how the sound change ! It's like a Formula 1.Frank
Thank you for your post. Yes, WASP is critical as one can deduce from reading Section 3 & 4 of the manual.

Sure wish Romain Grosjean could be as consistent and jaw dropping as what I hear from Alexia. Then again, that is a whole 'nother subject.

Best Sir,

Bob

P.S. Your English is fine -- please hang around.
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:44 AM

Thanks Bob

image-2156958143.jpg

Last edited by jdandy; 07-31-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: enlarge photo
Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklmu View Post
Thanks Bob

Attachment 51414
Congratulations frank! Looking good.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:16 PM

Default Comparing Wilson Audio to Focal to B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Joey the selling price has been increasing. The asking price you see is based on Wilson Audio adding a MAP to the product when we discontinued it. What that means is that a dealer cannot advertise an Alexia online, new or used, below MAP where Wilson offers a factory warranty. What the Wilson dealer sells the speaker for as you stated is completely up to them.

What you may not know is that Wilson dealers offer Certified Authentic loudspeakers. This is not a limited sales program, but an ongoing and permanent aspect of the way we do business. The simple goal is to offer the used buyer a new Wilson buying experience, from the time they cross the dealer threshold up to and including installation, owner experience, and real trade in toward other Wilson speakers (if and when they move up). Like a new buyer, the used buyer just wants to be treated fairly.

There are 3 main categories

Certified Authentic Untitled - A speaker that has never been sold. Full Warranty

Certified Authentic Factory Tested - A used speaker taken on trade by a dealer and in turn traded in to Wilson. It goes through a 100+ point process including the test battery done when new, refresh of critical parts where needed, resistors replaced, final factory polishing, and refrisking. The warranty is either the remainder of the 5 year warranty or 3 years, whichever is longer unless the speaker is over 10 years old. Then the warranty is two years..

Certified Authentic Pre-Owned - A used speaker taken on trade by a dealer. It goes through a 100+ point process including a basic test process, refresh of critical parts where needed, resistors replaced, dealer polishing, and refrisking. The warranty is either the remainder of the 5 year warranty or 3 years, whichever is longer unless the speaker is over 10 years old. Then the warranty is two years.

Certified Authentic piggybacks on Wilson's Trade-In Program, again ongoing and permanent. There are more Wilson Loudspeakers in the field that are used than are new. Why not insure that those speakers and their current and future owners have an opportunity to benefit from and become a part of the Wilson family? The key to making all this work is that the values we offer to dealers and the values they offer to their customers are based on real world values, not wishful thinking.

Lastly, since the announcement of Alexia 2, many people have traded in their Alexia 1. We have also retrieved reviewer and show samples from around the world. The number of Certified Authentic Alexias sold in the last quarter exceeds our best Alexia 1 sales in years. Right now we have a large backorder for speakers we may never get on trade. Dealers who will be taking Alexia 1s on trade are advertising and selling them before they have them in hand to sell. If the price was actually falling, we would see pressure from dealers to alter trade in values (most trades are kept by dealers and sold as Certified Authentic Pre-Owned). We have seen no such pressure. In fact one dealer sold an Certified Authentic Untitled pair yesterday well above MAP.

Now if you want to buy a used Wilson from someone other than a Wilson dealer, the price will likely be lower and as you can see from above, with good reason.

Ask Marc about his Certified Authentic experience.

My Alexia V2s get delivered on Thursday....and now I know where the V1s my dealer will take from my house are going- they are moving to Certified Authentic. I have benefited from this program through being able to trade up several times. Sasha to Alexia, Center 3 to Mezzo, Surround 2 to Alida and now V1 to V2. Not sure all those were in the formal plan but WA and my dealer have always helped where they could and I appreciate that

Plan on listening a few hours each night prior to their departure

Last edited by enatai252; 07-31-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252 View Post
My Alexia V2s get delivered on Thursday....and now I know where the V1s my dealer will take from my house are going- they are moving to Certified Authentic. I have benefited from this program through being able to trade up several times. Sasha to Alexia, Center 3 to Mezzo, Surround 2 to Alida and now V1 to V2. Not sure all those were in the formal plan but WA and my dealer have always helped where they could and I appreciate that

Plan on listening a few hours each night prior to their departure
Awesome. Say hi to Gary for me! And I'll stay tuned for your impressions.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:04 AM

A big +1 on trade ins through Wilson.

I have done Sasha 1 to 2. Sasha 2 to duettes 2. Center 3 to Alidas and now Alidas to Yvettes.

These have been smooth and easy. Not sure if any other speaker manufacturer goes to this depth with their trade ins
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM

When auditioning speakers I heard the Focals in the 20,000.00 range and the B&W 802 D3 speakers. Both of these speakers sound great, but the Yvette speakers were superior to my ears. Better cleaner bass/mids/highs.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:10 AM

… picking up on this again as I am on the verge of finally jumping from B&W 802 Diamonds D2 to Wilson. I heard the SabrinaX and liked its tonal balance a lot but thought it was lacking a little bottom end.

I now have a really good offer on the Yvette. It`s supposed to have more slam and bottom end and although I am aware that some think the SabrinaX is better, I find many still prefering the Yvette, especially for that extra slam and bass. Supposed to sound more „grown up“.

Any thoughts on Yvette - specifically?

It will be my first Wilson.

Last edited by bruno2009; 04-22-2022 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
… picking up on this again as I am on the verge of finally jumping from B&W 802 Diamonds D2 to Wilson. I heard the SabrinaX and liked its tonal balance a lot but thought it was lacking a little bottom end.

I now have a really good offer on the Yvette. It`s supposed to have more slam and bottom end and although I am aware that some think the SabrinaX is better, I find many still prefering the Yvette, especially for that extra slam and bass. Supposed to sound more „grown up“.

Any thoughts on Yvette - specifically?

It will be my first Wilson.
You might also consider the SabrinaX with a sub