AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 01-12-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
If you think I will tolerate your nonsense across multiple forums, you are sadly mistaking.
What is this - a threat?
This is supposed to be a Friendly Forum. Could we please return to that?
Old 01-12-2021, 12:55 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Shunyata doesn't even use fuses.

Caelin stated on another forum:

Quote:
Fuses and thermal breakers operate by 'heating up' as the maximum current rating is reached. They pop when a certain temperature is exceeded. They also produce thermal noise when operated near their maximum capacity. In our tests, we have found that this is audible as a type of 'noise' in a high-end audio system. This is why we don't use fuses or thermal breakers. An electromagnetic breaker works by monitoring the current level through a 'sensing coil' but the current flows through a set of contacts similar to what are in high capacity relays. This type of breaker can operate right up to the maximum current limit without a performance loss.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
What is this - a threat?
This is supposed to be a Friendly Forum. Could we please return to that?
It is a friendly forum but that doesn't grant immunity from attacking others for posts they find at odds with their own believes and opinions.
Especially when it is logical.

If I express my opinion, or raise a question, it is an expected behavior on a community forum. If I cannot, then it is not an open forum for free thinkers. Being chastised for speaking my mind and expressing opinion is not fair, nor do I have to tolerate it from other members. I have never been one to tolerate unprovoked aggression without a blowback.

Not one shred of evidence other than subjective opinions on most things audio yet we put so much belief and emotions into it. How about having an open discussion without resorting to emotions far outweighing the seriousness of a hobby and especially things like cables and power cords?
Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Apologies...did not notice that one. Not being a Wilson owner I may have passed over it.

I would make the exact same comments there as this is not personal regarding your post; it's a more general concern and preference for me.

Thanks for the balanced response to my post.
There is no reason to be anything but balanced. It is a common passion for music and gear that brings it to us. It is a hobby. If we have some questions or concerns, I am always for hearing them. I even enjoyed reading some posts on why people do not enjoy Wilson speakers, although I myself find them outstanding. It's all very subjective and understandable.

Besides, every purist knows "single ended" sounds better than "balanced" but not everyone will agree..
Old 01-12-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
It is a friendly forum but that doesn't grant immunity from attacking others for posts they find at odds with their own believes and opinions ... If I express my opinion, or raise a question, it is an expected behavior on a community forum. If I cannot, then it is not an open forum for free thinkers ...
Again, this thread is:
"Shunyata Research power cables suggestions for my system"

This is a Friendly Forum, so I think attacking others here is unwarranted.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
It is a friendly forum but that doesn't grant immunity from attacking others for posts they find at odds with their own believes and opinions.
Especially when it is logical.

If I express my opinion, or raise a question, it is an expected behavior on a community forum. If I cannot, then it is not an open forum for free thinkers. Being chastised for speaking my mind and expressing opinion is not fair, nor do I have to tolerate it from other members. I have never been one to tolerate unprovoked aggression without a blowback.

Not one shred of evidence other than subjective opinions on most things audio yet we put so much belief and emotions into it. How about having an open discussion without resorting to emotions far outweighing the seriousness of a hobby and especially things like cables and power cords?
But you've expressed your opinion on this forum about this topic so many times, we are tired of it. We get it. We know that you don't believe in cables affecting the sound very much. Some believe they do, and if they are in the Shunyata forum, guess what, they believe it and want advice, not to be told they are a fool for hearing what they are hearing.

So...you've said your piece, let others take it from here.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:20 PM

I am afraid you are wasting your time with this dude. He does this full time. That's his "hobby". As they often say, don't feed the troll. It gets worse as it empowers them.

He was banned six months here for excessive trolling, and he is back now exactly where he started. I'd say ignore him. Reasoning does not work with these entities.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
I am afraid you are wasting your time with this dude. He does this full time. That's his "hobby". As they often say, don't feed the troll. It gets worse as it empowers them.

He was banned six months here for trolling, and he is back now exactly where he started. I'd say ignore him. Reasoning does not work with these entities.
Keep it up...
Old 01-12-2021, 01:24 PM

Here is a very good, commonly accepted definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Old 01-12-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Who attacked who here? What are you doing for the last 5 posts or so?
Once again:

This is the Friendly Forum for High-End Audio. No one here has attacked you.

This thread is: "Shunyata Research power cables suggestions for my system"

Will you please try to stay on topic? I'd really appreciate it. Some of us are trying to have a conversation here.