AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Music

Music What really matters most

Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 AM

Default David Gilmour Live At Pompeii for One Night Only

Wednesday 31st May 2017
David Gilmour Live At Pompeii for One Night Only

I think this will be a Blu_Ray release later this year too

For one night only on September 13th 2017, over 2,000 cinemas worldwide will be showing David Gilmour Live At Pompeii.

The concert performance film, David Gilmour Live At Pompeii, will be distributed to cinemas worldwide by Trafalgar Releasing on Wednesday 13th September and will include highlights from both shows, filmed in 4K by director Gavin Elder, and will be presented in Dolby Atmos sound.

On July 7th & 8th 2016, David Gilmour performed two spectacular shows at the legendary Pompeii Amphitheatre in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius, 45 years after he first played there for Adrian Maben's classic film Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii.

The concerts were the first-ever rock performances played to an audience in the ancient Roman amphitheatre, which was built in 90 BC and entombed in ash when Vesuvius erupted in AD 79. David Gilmour is the only performer to play to an audience in the arena since the time of the gladiators, almost 2,000 years ago.

Speaking about the Pompeii shows David commented, 'It's a magical place and coming back and seeing the stage and the arena was quite overwhelming. It's a place of ghosts...'.

As well as including songs from throughout David's solo career, including the title tracks of his two most recent No. 1 solo albums, Rattle That Lock and On An Island, the show will include other solo and Pink Floyd classics such as Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, and One Of These Days, the only song that was also performed by the band in 1971. Both concerts also saw very special performances of The Great Gig In The Sky from The Dark Side Of The Moon, which David rarely plays as a solo artist.

The concert is a spectacular audio-visual experience, featuring the famous huge circular cyclorama screen as well as lasers, pyrotechnics and stellar performances from an all-star band.

David Gilmour Live At Pompeii shows an artist at a creative peak, in a unique setting, on a very special occasion and is not to be missed on the big screen.

Tickets are now on sale worldwide with more cinemas to follow soon, including Latin America and Central America. Via 'Demand It', if David Gilmour Live at Pompeii is not screening in a specific area, fans can make a request for it by filling out a form on the Website, and Trafalgar Releasing will do their best to bring the event to a cinema near them.

For details of cinemas taking part in this very special one-night-only event, and ticket information, click here.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Music Lover!

Should be a great show.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:33 PM

I just got pinged about this by some friends yesterday. Maybe 10% of my CD collection is non-classical/jazz, and Pulse and Delicate Sound of Thunder are two of my favorites in that group. I don't have video at home and would love to see that famous cyclorama contraption on a big screen. Bummer that it's showing on a Wed since there's a high likelihood I'll be traveling mid week.

I do hope it gets released on dvd and/or blu ray. I'm planning on adding the Oppo 205 to the system so I can enjoy audio of these formats on my two-channel system. I'm eager to hear Gilmour's solo on Comfortably Numb. He does it differently in each live performance, and it's always stellar.