AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 03-25-2016, 01:43 PM

NVP, Thank you for the honest advise. I really like accuphase sound and build. I wish I would get to Accuphase long time ago. What is the starting point in accuphase range were I really will hear difference from E-470?
Accuphase C-2420 plus A-47 ? Or 2820 is a must? Of course all this will be insanely costly.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:50 PM

Hi myjazz
I have been reading along here in the thread, for your quest for an amplifier.
I went from having an Audia Flight FL.100 and Audia Flight Pre, which in my mind was really good, unfortunately it was also getting hot, which meant that in summer time i did not listen to music as my small apartment became too hot
So when my CD player broke, i decided to ask my dealer about another setup of amplifier, and he pointed me to the Accuphase E-470, as he said , it will almost sure never break and price for selling it is really really good.....so i ended up buying the Accuphase E-470.
And i can only say one thing, it is insanely good in my eyes, as it plays music so your food just starts tapping the floor, and voices brings out a big smile on my face...what i am saying here is that i am sure you can not go wrong with E-470 and should you end up wanting to replace it by better Accuphase gear the resell price will be really good.
Flemming
Old 04-15-2016, 01:46 PM

I heard this silly story about a guy who run into his table, flips over a bottle of lemonade and hurting his leg while running to lower the volume on his accuphase e600 because he thought the midrange cone was blown due to a loud strange flappering noise on his speakers...

It actually was the first time he heard the strings being pulled too hard on a cello which caused the strings to touch the wood very hard

THANK YOU ACCUPHASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
What is the starting point in accuphase range were I really will hear difference from E-470?
Aside sonic differences, that you may or may not judge significant, I think that in the log run one aspect is to be considered, especially if you plan to keep and often use the system: heat management and durability.

I currently use an A-46 and C-2420, and they are on at least 6-8 hours / day, almost every day. The A-46 dissipates the heat to the exterior fins, the central electronics stay almost cool, while the C-2420 gets barely warm even after many hours. In my book that signifies that in 10 or 20 years, those unit will probably still work as expected, even with my (I think) quite heavy use.

I look almost every day to vintage Accuphase electronics auctions and, speaking of not restored unit, I feel that integrated amps are the most likely to have some small problems here and there, as you read on descriptions.
Power amps are generally rock solid and as for preamplifier, generally only some old 280 (and 280L) units have sometimes small problems, probably related to the heat they generate and don't dissipate (I am told by my Accuphase technician that especially the phono section on those units gets quite hot).

Obviously in the long run it also depends on the placement of the units: poor ventilation or putting the preamp directly above the power amp (as I often sadly see in system pictures) is a good receipt for problems.

But my 2 cents is that generally a separated Accuphase solution, regarding heat management and durability, is a more sound one.

Last edited by Mattia; 04-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:20 PM

Hi All,

I am also interested in getting the E600 to pair with my Wilson Audio Sabrina. Any updates or sharing from existing users of the E600?

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 08-27-2016, 10:31 PM

go for it, very good match, E-600 is stable to 1 ohm (music signals), will drive your wilsons easily.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
go for it, very good match, E-600 is stable to 1 ohm (music signals), will drive your wilsons easily.
Hi Olaf,

thanks for the input. from your signature, can see that you are still enjoying the E600, has it been reliable so far?

actually I am more or less convinced on the performance of the E600 from the video u posted in few years back, can't really decide between the E470 or E600...

currently using the Modwright KWI200 Int Amp which has 200W of power and a very value for money amp, wanted to switch to something different like Class A but concern about the power that I would miss...

Cheers.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
Hi Olaf,

thanks for the input. from your signature, can see that you are still enjoying the E600, has it been reliable so far?

actually I am more or less convinced on the performance of the E600 from the video u posted in few years back, can't really decide between the E470 or E600...

currently using the Modwright KWI200 Int Amp which has 200W of power and a very value for money amp, wanted to switch to something different like Class A but concern about the power that I would miss...

Cheers.
If power is a concern, I would say go for the E-470.
You can't go wrong.
It have plenty of power to drive your Sabrina's, I know it does a very good job driving my Avalon's IDEA.

Ultimately is your choice though, can you test any prior to buy?
That is the ideal, if not, you have to choose, knowing that each one has different qualities.
How you listen and which kind of music will play a role also.
Good choices!

Last edited by BlueDoor; 08-28-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
Hi Olaf, thanks for the input. from your signature, can see that you are still enjoying the E600, has it been reliable so far? actually I am more or less convinced on the performance of the E600 from the video u posted in few years back, can't really decide between the E470 or E600... currently using the Modwright KWI200 Int Amp which has 200W of power and a very value for money amp, wanted to switch to something different like Class A but concern about the power that I would miss... Cheers.
My 30 watt per channel class A pass labs blows e470 out the door for power and to the next street go class a if you can.
Why because it's better ask Ivan
Old 08-29-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1 View Post
My 30 watt per channel class A pass labs blows e470 out the door for power and to the next street go class a if you can.
Why because it's better ask Ivan

Have you compared them side by side?
It would be interesting to know your findings.
Can you share some thoughts about that experience, please?

Last edited by BlueDoor; 08-29-2016 at 07:43 AM.