AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 10-26-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
Cardas Parsec XLR Interconnects, Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cables, Cardas Twinlink Power Cables (Throughout)
Wow, dealers are still using Cardas Golden Cross cables?

Congrats on the accolades. My sights are set on the Middle T.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:28 PM

Dear Mr. Tanner:

I don't recall that we have ever met, but I've been in the audio business since 2000.

I sold Bryston from 2000-2003 when I worked at Audio/Video Showcase in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Now I am at Paragon Sight & Sound.

I was fortunate to purchase a pair of Bryston Mini T speakers from EMI systems - who was your Michigan representative. The Minis are the ideal speakers to sit at each end of my BDI low-boy stand, so I jumped at the opportunity to grab them! I cannot believe how full-range these speakers sound for the relatively small cabinet volume.

Very impressive engineering!

Ryan Hansen
Sales, System Design

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 11-22-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:09 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker – Customer Feedback

January 2017

Hi Folks,

Hi James

I have been listening to the Mini A speakers for about a week now. I would like to give you some of my personal feedback.

These speakers have excellent imaging and the sound stage is both wide and deep. The bass is very detailed with no boomy sound. They seem to be very tolerant to speaker location not having a major impact on sound quality.

Bottom line the Mini A’s are an incredible speaker for the money.

I bought the speakers without listening to them, but spending a week with the Mini A I know I made the right decision.

I'm looking forward to getting the mini T, TC1 and the Mini T sub.

Cheers
Joe Cappello
Old 01-18-2017, 02:43 PM

SUBJECT: New Bryston Active Speaker Dealer

January 2017

Hi Folks,

I am very pleased to announce a dedicated Bryston Active Speaker Dealer.

Welcome to: ‘Pulsworks Audio Arts in Saskatoon, SK’

David will have a fully active Bryston system on display consisting of the following:

• Bryston Model T Active Speakers.

• Bryston BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover.

• Custom Bryston three channel amplifier per speaker.

Having a dedicated listening room to allow customers to hear how much better Active Speakers can sound is paramount and I thank David for his commitment to this concept.

In a market where customers are asking for more value added from their dealer the in home active Bryston speaker system is a perfect fit.

James Tanner
Bryston
Old 01-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - the Bryston speakers are going up 10% next month.

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 01-25-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:05 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February 2017

Hi James

Love the Bryston A1 speakers. They sound great! You guys did a great job developing these.

I had (EDIT) speakers before these but I think I did things a little backwards.

I purchased the (EDIT) speakers not expecting to change my system. My wife then suggested that I upgrade the rest of the stereo. After a lot of research, I then purchased the Bryston Pre-Amp and Power Amp. The (EDIT) speakers were very bright.

Then I purchased the Bryston A1 speakers and there was a noticeable improvement from first listening. The high frequency was improved and much better base and mid-range. Probably the better base and mid-range had as much to do with the improvement as anything else simply because I am hearing more of the music (at least that’s my thought and I am no expert.

I just know what I like in sound and what I don’t). I purchased the speakers at Audio Eden in Aurora. They were great to work with.

I had not experienced the “bright” sound before so I googled it on the internet and found that I was not the only person to fall into this trap. I tried all the simpler fixes such as interconnect cables etc. Finally decided that I needed to change the speakers.

Glad I did!

George
Old 02-24-2017, 10:02 AM

Hi James,
Will you try to bring an active setup to the next Montreal show?
Stefan
Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_DR3 View Post
Hi James,
Will you try to bring an active setup to the next Montreal show?
Stefan
Hi Stefan

Yes that's the current plan.

james
Old 06-05-2017, 12:50 PM

Hi James,

I first heard the Model T’s and the Mini T’s with my friend John Milot at the audio show back in March we both knew we wanted a pair!

He bought the Model T Signature and I again heard them in his home and knew I had to get them! So I bought the Mini T Bookshelf then a week later I got the Model TOW On-Wall these are the best surround speakers I have ever heard!

So I am adding the Mini T Center I'm sure will be amazing and I will let you know how I like them!

My friend John is excited to hear the set up as well and probably will end up ordering the rest of the speakers too.

Antal
Old 06-18-2017, 09:17 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A – L.C.R. Review

June 2017

Bryston’s Mini A Bookshelf And AC-1 Micro Centre Channel

The Mighty Minis

Many AV enthusiasts would agree that by far the most critical speakers in any home cinema setup would be the three speakers up front which consist of both left and right channels along with the center channel which anchors the sound to the image on screen. Some would argue that a subwoofer would be the most valued component in a system, but without these three channels performing to par, the entire shebang would be a total let down. After all, the main focus on sound when it comes to any movie would be to deliver intelligible dialogue, together with a detailed albeit powerful main score and effects for the entire film.

Bryston, a brand synonymous with delivering high powered, heavy hitting and “tank like” construction Hi-Fi equipment which are all revered in its own right, has also produced the AC-1 Micro which was specifically built to be a center channel to complement the Mini A bookshelf speakers. The Mini A’s which are known in the Hi-Fi realm for delivering transparent, detailed and highly enjoyable sound proves to be an excellent choice to be utilized in a home cinema setup when paired with the AC-1 Micro. The two speakers are quite well matched both in size, build and sonic characteristic as to be used as a system to line the front of your home cinema system.

The AC-1 micro is a two way design speaker utilizing 3 drivers. A single 1 inch tweeter paired up with dual 5.25 inch mid-bass woofers. The entire cabinet of the speaker is rather diminutive at a width of 17 inches and a height of 7.5 inches. It’s also worth noting that the AC-1 Micro is a sealed design with only the speaker terminals at the back, making the speaker a lot more forgiving when it comes to placement and positioning. The cabinet also matches the aesthetics of the Mini A bookshelf’s, employing the same chamfered edges, lining the longest side of the speaker which in the case of the AC-1 runs perpendicular to the Mini A for a somewhat coherent look.

The front and rear of the Bryston Mini A. Note the bi-wirable speaker terminals and unique bass port the latter designed to minimise low frequency chaffing

The front and rear of the Bryston Mini A. Note the bi-wirable speaker terminals and unique bass port the latter designed to minimise low frequency chaffing

Unlike the Mini A with its lower 87 dB sensitivity, the AC-1 is a little more sensitive with a higher rating of 90 dB. It is also a little more powerful with a maximum handling ability of 200 watts. Irrespective of these specifications, the AC-1 is a perfect complement to the Mini A especially when used in a multichannel home theater setup. Even though different when it comes to their driver configuration as well as their driver dimensions, the individual characteristics of these speakers come together to create a complete cohesive image.

The mini A which is a 3 way design speaker and is ported at the rear, work wonderfully to deliver a full bodied, weighty sound which is in stark contrast to their smallish size. Bass response is also particularly good with the rear ports of the Mini A effectively going deep without bloating or muddling the sound. Overall the 3 speakers work together seamlessly handling sharp dynamic shifts well, while keeping each particular sound in the right place at the right levels. The sense of scale and authority that these little boxes are capable of is pretty impressive as they are capable of filling a large room with sound effortlessly.

These little wonders from Bryston are a titanic step up in performance when compared to the usual home theater in a box solutions as well as even most basic separates systems.

The asking price for the Mini A and the AC-1 might seem like a sizeable sum, but when you take into account the solid build, high performance and ridiculously confident warranty, the Bryston speakers do come off as a pairing of great value. The pedigree that Bryston delivers with the Mini A and AC-1 suggests that these speakers are also capable of lasting through a number of receiver upgrades before needing to be swapped out themselves as the extent of their abilities are pretty far reaching.

This combo is one that is designed to deliver astonishing performance at a great value in a package that’s small yet pleasing to the eyes.

Article by Venoth Nair