AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 06-27-2019, 12:06 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
That’s great to hear. I’ve been hugely impressed with the bang-for-the-buck of the Alpha series. I intend to try the Alpha Ethernet as well - but I’m waiting for the EtherRegen to land first. The Alpha Ethernet will cover the distance from the EtherRegen to my Innuos Zenith.

My dealer is trying to talk me into upgrading from my Alpha USB to a Sigma USB. I’ll get there eventually.
Yes, I'm waiting on the EtherREGEN to land, as welll; I think your plan of where to place the Alpha Ethernet is exactly the right one; that's exactly what I would do.

Yes, it seems that, across the board, from ICs to SCs to Ethernet & USB cables, the Alpha line really provides amazing bang for the buck.

I've been evaluating a beta version of the Alpha Ethernet (as well as the Venom), and it really is quite an exceptional performer. The CN filter on the Alpha provides an (even lower) noise floor than Venom (which is already is exceptionally quiet), and there is increased resolution, but its accompanied by a more spacious, open, and natural-sounding presentation that is really very lovely.

Back to being on-topic: It provides a superb *match* with the qualities and attributes of Alpha USB...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-27-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:14 PM

Default Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post

Yes, it seems that, across the board, from ICs to SCs to Ethernet & USB cables, the Alpha line really provides amazing bang for the buck.

I've been evaluating a beta version of the Alpha Ethernet (as well as the Venom), and it really is quite an exceptional performer. The CN filter on the Alpha provides an (even lower) noise floor than Venom (which is already is exceptionally quiet), and there is increased resolution, but its accompanied by a more spacious, open, and natural-sounding presentation that is really very lovely.
I second that — I’ve been checking out beta versions of the Venom and Alpha ethernet cables and you sum up the attributes of the cables perfectly.

Shunyata certainly has been on a roll with their latest generation of cables.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettelsm View Post
I second that — I’ve been checking out beta versions of the Venom and Alpha ethernet cables and you sum up the attributes of the cables perfectly.

Shunyata certainly has been on a roll with their latest generation of cables.

Steve Z
They certainly have.

I'll be appending my previously written evaluations of Ethernet cables with my observations/experiences with the new Shunyata Ethernet cables. A key attribute they have is they "interface" perfectly with the downstream USB cables.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 AM

A Sigma USB landed here this weekend and supplanted an Alpha USB. I have been stunned by how much better the Sigma is than the Alpha. The Sigma allows far more low level information to pass. It’s also more transparent and more dynamic. The improvements have been taking my breath away.

I was fortunate to be able to demo both the Sigma Ethernet and USB at the same time earlier this month. I wasn’t as sold on the Sigma Ethernet until I heard it combined with the Sigma USB. After hearing them together I knew I needed to have both. I now have both in place and I couldn’t be happier. Shunyata rocks!

Oh and one more thing. Earlier this year I also swapped my Anaconda interconnect for an Alpha interconnect. I think this might have left me even more stunned than the Sigma USB. The music seemed freed up - as if it had passed through a cable that had imposed far little of itself on it. I wondered how much cables will be able to vanish in the same way as Shunyata further advanced their art. I’m sure a Sigma interconnect could answer that question, but my bank account needs a long breather before I even think about going there.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256
Old 02-24-2020, 06:56 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Dan thank you for your review. It is well-thought out and a great read. Thank You.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.