AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 01-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
One thing I like about Classe is that they are biased Class A up to about 1/3 power.
Another good thing about Classe is there warranty is fully transferable with a copy of original receipt if you buy something used. I didn't know this till I started selling my cdp a while back and found out.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdraft View Post
Another good thing about Classe is there warranty is fully transferable with a copy of original receipt if you buy something used. I didn't know this till I started selling my cdp a while back and found out.
I wasn't aware of that either. I am considering the Classe new CT series to outfit my theater by the way. Classé Audio - CT Series
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I wasn't aware of that either. I am considering the Classe new CT series to outfit my theater by the way. Classé Audio - CT Series
I listened to the 600 mono's with the 800d's at the Paragon show in October. Sounded pretty good to me. For HT you can add the channels you need.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Another good thing about Classe is there warranty is fully transferable with a copy of original receipt if you buy something used.
I didn't know this either. McIntosh needs to do the same. How many McIntosh owners actually keep a piece until the warranty runs out?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:26 PM

I believe that B&W and Classe' are owned by the B&W Group.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbrown View Post
I believe that B&W and Classe' are owned by the B&W Group.
Correct....
Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Maybe they have an interest in each other because there owned together. I owned Rotel RSP 1068. 1095, and a 1092 before upgrading to my Mcintosh Amps. The Mac amps were a great improvement, I can't imagine the Classe outperforming them. The SSP 800 seems to be the same as the Mac MX-150 (less cost for the classe)- Classe offers a 5ch 200watt amp a 500 watt monoblocks. There is a price a aesthetic difference, not sure about a Audio and Video difference. I'll have to do some comparsions. I was thinking of buying a video system for my home upnoth. I think the classe may be alittle less expensive. I think there SSP 800 is about $6,000-$8,000. Im sure their 5 ch. amp is about the same price. There Mono blocks maybe about the same too. I'll have to do some a/b comparison. I have 3 seperate dealers, one just sells classe the other classe and Mac.
My dealer that just sells Classe states they blow McIntosh away. I don't care for negative bashing just becuase you don't sell a particular brand. Since he doesn't sell Wilson, he states there not good either "Ignorant" I'm very happy with my Mac, trying to find something that sounds as good or better may be a challenge but I would never bash a brand I didn't carry. Just not professional. Not sure if Classe's 400watt mono blocks are as conservative as Mcinthosh's MC501's. Testing to follow. Rotel compared to McIntosh is not an even comparison, McIntosh is in a completely separate criteria. I wonder is McIntosh is the Ferrari and Classe is the Porsche. Rotel would be the Cadillac I guess. IMO.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the review, although it wasn't very objective. In summary, both were great, neither was really better than the other. No info. to go on. I guess it's up to the individual to decide.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 PM

I have heard Classe running the B&W Signature. I wasn't that impressed, but I was into tubes at that time.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
I have heard Classe running the B&W Signature. I wasn't that impressed, but I was into tubes at that time.
Terry, that was the room I enjoyed most there. That said I don't think it was a very good demonstration. They had a better pre and a better cdp in the other room that the B&W guys could've easily gotten for there demo and I really think the setup needed some help as well but those were impressive speakers IMO. I offered to set up the speakers for the guy in a round about way but he thought he had it right already, ha...