AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 PM

Default Transparent Audio Power Isolator vs. RGPC

AA Comrades,

I'm torn. I'm torn because since adding TA Ref cabling to my system, my system has been transformed. And I'm not going back. I've even decided to swap out all my power cords for TA PCs. On the other handAnd even though I've happily lived with my RGPC 1200C in my system for some time, I wonder if the synergy between all the TA cabling and the TA Power Isolator would improve system performance. I've done as much research as I could about the TA Power Isolator, but there isn't much out there. Has anyone had any experience with these two? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Hi,
I used to own Transparent PIR before. It was very good. But it is not necessary for you to use it hoping to match with your cables. I posted about PIR here before. You may search for it too.
Later I upgraded to RSA Maxim. And now Accuphase PS520, with PIR sold to bachrock, AA member.

Toga
Old 09-05-2014, 12:08 PM

No experience with Transparent power "conditioners". I have had excellent results using Reference PowerLink cables with PS Audio regenerators, now using a P10.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi, I used to own Transparent PIR before. It was very good. But it is not necessary for you to use it hoping to match with your cables. I posted about PIR here before. You may search for it too. Later I upgraded to RSA Maxim. And now Accuphase PS520, with PIR sold to bachrock, AA member. Toga
Can't seem to find your reviews on the the TA PIs. Can you send me the link?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:36 AM

Here is one of them.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/power...r-exposed.html

In conclusion, it did improve overall musicality a lot.
But again RSA Dmitri or Maxim bettered it.

In my case, in my country, Maxim cost almost the same as PIR, however.

Toga
Old 09-07-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Here is one of them. http://www.audioaficionado.org/power...r-exposed.html In conclusion, it did improve overall musicality a lot. But again RSA Dmitri or Maxim bettered it. In my case, in my country, Maxim cost almost the same as PIR, however. Toga
Thanks Toga. Question: when you ran the TA PIR, did you also have all TA cabling?
Old 09-11-2014, 11:12 PM

In just a few more days, the system will change yet again. The Richard Gray Power Company 1200C is SOLD. The 2 Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power Cords that fed the Lamm M1.2s are SOLD. The RGPC 1200C is being replaced with a Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2 (with a Power Isolator 8 & another Power Isolator MM2) and 2 Transparent Audio PowerLink Super Power Cords. CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
In just a few more days, the system will change yet again. The Richard Gray Power Company 1200C is SOLD. The 2 Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power Cords that fed the Lamm M1.2s are SOLD. The RGPC 1200C is being replaced with a Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2 (with a Power Isolator 8 & another Power Isolator MM2) and 2 Transparent Audio PowerLink Super Power Cords. CAN'T WAIT!!
Have you received your first Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2? Have you tried it especially on digital sources? What are your impressions?

Bertrand
Old 10-01-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picto View Post
Have you received your first Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2? Have you tried it especially on digital sources? What are your impressions? Bertrand
I have. I purchased it based purely on the reviews and the opinions of a few TA proponents that I respect here on AA. The reviews for this unit are few and far between. Moreover, there hasn't been a review in some time. Needless to say, I was a little reticent about the purchase, especially when the RGPC 1200C has been such a staple in my system for SO long. Perhaps it was separation anxiety. Then the TA PowerIsolator MM arrived. It was a third of the size the the RGPC. I thought, "how could this thing make more of a difference than the RGPC?" But it did. I plugged in the Dac and the digital music server into it. Details that were hidden in the mix of songs that I was familiar with were exposed in its proper balance. A sense of effortlessness was introduced by the TA PowerIsolator MM. I liked it so much, I ordered a second one to be delivered today. And this thing is built solid. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it's size allows you to place it in systems where power conditioning is needed without it being obtrusive. Are you thinking about buying one?

Last edited by thesaint519; 10-01-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:11 AM

I am already using two PIMM2. One for the CD player (wider and deeper soundstage, more definition and less background noise bringing small details and slight nuances to a listenable level, deeper bass too with more presence and control) and one for the preamplifier (greater dynamic and more definition as well).

Bertrand