AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 11-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Merry Christmas to all

David.......No harder than you drive your sound system, a single Power Plant Premier would serve your purpose well. I did the load calculations, and posted that information in a PS Audio thread a while back. A single PPP would support my entire system. I decided to use two because I use two dedicated 20 amp circuits behind my audio rack, one circuit for the amps, and one circuit for everything else. To maintain this circuit arrangement, two PPP's were necessary. The third dedicated circuit on my main system powers the JL Audio Fathom f113 subwoofer, through a PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlet. I don't feel the need for a PPP on the sub.

In my studio I use a single Power Plant Premier on the all tube system. Next Tuesday my fourth PPP will arrive to be installed in the home theater system.

Do yourself and both of your fine systems justice. Install a PS Audio Power Plant Premier in each system. Ivan has an excellent price on them right now, making it almost painless to put the advantages of the PPP into both of your systems.

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for Ivan.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
At the risk of a heated discussion. I thought it was time to revisit this topic. Looking on the internet using google as a search engine I could not find negative reviews for either panamax or ps audio; so much for the internet. While I know panamax on this forum is considered here by many on AA at the most as being mid fi and generally considered junk. I have to say I admit to having 2 of these units, one in my 2 channel and home theater. Here is the kind of thing one finds on the internet...."Panamax's MAX 5300-PM offers power cleaning and Linear Filtration Technology (LiFT) to eliminate the common symptoms of contaminated power, including loss of details. In addition, the MAX 5300-PM's isolated outlet banks prevent noise created by one component from contaminating the power going to another component. " Knowing that Dan, Ivan, Serge and others were right about the 501's, the mcd500, the wireworld cables... I am thinking about getting a ppp. Here is a observation: I have noticed that when my 501's were plugged into my panamax the stereo sounded good and I was not aware of a problem, but when I plugged the 501 amps directly into the wall it was like a vail was removed. Obviously something was being restricted even though the current meter never went above 3 amps during this comparison. Doing this same test on my C220 and MCD500 I could not hear any difference. My dedicate power line to the MC501's is only a few feet from my circuit breaker box, so the line is very short. My JLF112 is on its own dedicate power line plugged directly into the outlet. Anyone else here switch from a panamax to the PPP and not feel it was a worthy upgrade ? Ivan if returns are even possible has anyone ever returned a ppp ?
David
I find the PPP's to be beneficial but far less so than others here who have them placed them in there system. I only have two, one on each amp. You do pick up some detail but in my case with a slight loss of immediacy. It is a trade off but one I am willing to accept. I have tried one of the units on my sources . Again a very slight quieting of the system allowing additional detail to come out but not a noticeable improvement over my APC unit and I would lose the battery back-up. When I spoke to PS Audio they indicated that the APC was a very good unit and suggested I leave it connected at the wall and add a PPP and connect my sources to that unit. That way I maintain the back-up capability and still let the PPP clean up the power. (PS Audio does sell a unit that matches the PPP's and has back-up capability)
Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for Ivan.

I am starting to wonder if this is true or not.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Location: Constitution State. Formerly known as the Nutmeg State

With the recent price drop from PS Audio, it is hard to pass up.

I haven't thought about it recently, but now I am thinking about it again.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
I am starting to wonder if this is true or not.
Pyro.......That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Ivan's line card is a mile long, and he has always offered incredible deals to all of us. My most recent purchase from him was the fourth Power Plant Premier for the home theater system, and since the price drop from PS Audio, Ivan has done the same. The forth PPP was less money than the first three I bought. I like to let folks know when a good deal gets even better.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM

What happened to RGPC's. I have 4 of them and they are great. Has everyone switched to PPP or am I missing something?