AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 09-20-2017, 03:00 AM

I hope that Aurender can upgrade their N10 sometime before December. They probably can improve its internals and power supplies to sound even better. Or split it in two box solution like the Auralic G2 series.

Just a thought.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcilius View Post
I hope that Aurender can upgrade their N10 sometime before December. They probably can improve its internals and power supplies to sound even better. Or split it in two box solution like the Auralic G2 series.

Just a thought.

I was told recently by a company rep there is no plan to update it in the near future
Old 09-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcilius View Post

Just a thought.
Arcilius.......I don't have a clue what you are talking about. The Aurender N10 is an exceptional performer, one of the premium music player/streamers on the market. In my humble opinion as an owner, there is no reason to mess with perfection.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 09-23-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Arcilius.......I don't have a clue what you are talking about. The Aurender N10 is an exceptional performer, one of the premium music player/streamers on the market. In my humble opinion as an owner, there is no reason to mess with perfection.

+1
Old 09-24-2017, 08:45 PM

Great review! What about MQA? I see more and more servers coming out with MQA. Next year, I may take the server plunge.

Henry
Old 09-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by htradtk View Post
Great review! What about MQA? I see more and more servers coming out with MQA. Next year, I may take the server plunge.
Henry.......The music server is not where the full MQA process takes place. It is done in the DAC and must be certified by MQA creators before it can be implemented in production DAC's. Software can be introduced in server firmware to perform the first unfold of MQA files, but the full unfolded enchilada is performed by the DAC. Therefore, if a music server includes a DAC, MQA can be fully implemented. Aurender has done this with their new A10 server/DAC. The Aurender A10 includes full decoder MQA technology, and is a fully compliant MQA end-to-end solution enabling you to play back MQA audio files and streams. Since the Aurender N10, N100H, and N100C do not incorporate DAC's in their design they are unable to provide MQA decoding.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM

Thank you Dan! Even though I do not post to much, I always respect your experience in Audio! What is the retail on the A10? I'm sure that next year there will be more models available that have the full decoder MQA technology build in.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by htradtk View Post
Thank you Dan! Even though I do not post to much, I always respect your experience in Audio! What is the retail on the A10? I'm sure that next year there will be more models available that have the full decoder MQA technology build in.
Henry.......The retail price on the new Aurender A10 is $5499.95. This is a good price point considering you are getting a first class music server, streamer, and MQA enabled DAC.

http://www.aurender.com/page/a10

Last edited by jdandy; 09-25-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM

Thanks Dan! That's a good price point for me. Will read the review. Take care my friend!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Henry.......The music server is not where the full MQA process takes place. It is done in the DAC and must be certified by MQA creators before it can be implemented in production DAC's. Software can be introduced in server firmware to perform the first unfold of MQA files, but the full unfolded enchilada is performed by the DAC. Therefore, if a music server includes a DAC, MQA can be fully implemented. Aurender has done this with their new A10 server/DAC. The Aurender A10 includes full decoder MQA technology, and is a fully compliant MQA end-to-end solution enabling you to play back MQA audio files and streams. Since the Aurender N10, N100H, and N100C do not incorporate DAC's in their design they are unable to provide MQA decoding.
Hi Dan,

According to my source, Aurender is currently working feverishly on Core MQA Unfolding for their N10 model. It should be completed within the next few months. Probably the W20 and N100H too. I'm holding off on my N10 purchase until they get it done. If they can't deliver, I'll go with the Lumin U1, which already has a successful MQA Core Unfolding Beta version out. I'm currently a new owner of the Berkeley Reference 2 MQA DAC, which offers MQA Rendering but not Core MQA Unfolding.

Best,
Ken

Last edited by PlanarSpeakerFan; 09-25-2017 at 08:00 PM.