AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Paradigm

Paradigm All about the Sound

Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM

Default A question about older Reference series speakers resale value?

Hi;

I wanted to ask a question about resale value of some older Paradigms and was wondering what people's thoughts are.

I have the following and was wondering what they are worth, all are in very good or practically like new condition with original boxes, manuals, spikes, and locking nuts for the spikes plus mounting hardware for the ADP's along with the mounting template:

Studio 100's v2 (rosenut laminate) - purchased in 2002
Studio 60's v2 (rosenut laminate) - purchased in 2003
Studio ADP's v2 (graphite) - purchased in 2002
Studio CC v2 - (graphite) purchased in 2002

I also have a silver Anthem MCA-50 from the same era, December 2003 (only used for 2 years) if you wouldn't mind letting me know what sort of price that might go for as well.

Thanks,

Rod

Last edited by Rod#S; 09-08-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:25 AM

The best that I could do was $800 for my MCA-20.You may get more being the five channel version.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Thanks
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM

I sold my 5 Paradigm speakers last year, Mains, center and rears for my HT system. They were about 15 years old and still looked and sounded great. I only sold them since I wanted to change things around after all that time. I think they were Studio 11se, center 200 and 3se rears. I had all the original boxes. I think I sold them for $400 - $500 for all. Buyer was happy and I was too. I even threw in stands for the 3se's and some speaker cables that I didn't need. After all those years they sounded as good as the day I purchased them. I would recomend them for longevity. My son kept the sub.

Don't know if I answered your question but they were a great value.

Harbeth 40.3 XD, Sound Anchor stands w/ Stillpoints, Luxman M900 & C900, Aurender N20, Jay's Audio CDT3 - MK3 CD player, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Shunyata Denali 6000/s V2, Altaira
Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 PM

Thanks

I was able to put together some prices. I looked around on-line and did manage to find the odd listing for the older reference series v2 products to use as a guide. Same thing with the Anthem and using Chubba's price as a reference as well.

I thought I might have had an unexpected sale for some of the gear as I wasn't actively looking to sell and a phone call from my mother caught me off guard on the weekend saying she knows someone looking for some gear and she told me the guy was going to give me a call the following day so I only had 24 hours to figure out what the stuff was worth In the end the gear was way more then the individual was looking for in quantity and I don't want to split the speakers up, the guy only wanted a pair of speakers as it turned out.

Oh well, at least I now have a good idea what everything is worth.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM

I prefer to KEEP gear anyway.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
I sold my 5 Paradigm speakers last year, Mains, center and rears for my HT system. They were about 15 years old and still looked and sounded great. I only sold them since I wanted to change things around after all that time. I think they were Studio 11se, center 200 and 3se rears. I had all the original boxes. I think I sold them for $400 - $500 for all. Buyer was happy and I was too. I even threw in stands for the 3se's and some speaker cables that I didn't need. After all those years they sounded as good as the day I purchased them. I would recomend them for longevity. My son kept the sub.

Don't know if I answered your question but they were a great value.
Paradigms with "se" following the model number were part of what used to be called the Performance Series, not Studio. I owned several, and still have a pair of 7se Mk II (though not currently in use). I don't think Paradigm has that kind of high-value line anymore. Stereophile gave the budget 5se very good marks back then; I also had a pair of 3se, which still are the main speakers for a buddy's system, and he still loves 'em.