AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 11-01-2015, 05:57 PM

Definitely double check with a Shindo dealer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they steer you toward a T2 with the Cadenza. I didn't double check, but if memory serves, Cadenza are 6 ohm.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Not sure why, but I am no expert…
All the reading (on a few well written reviews) used T1 with low impedance low output MC carts. None of the dealer websites or even A23 has a really good description. The Cadenza is actually 5 ohms.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:55 PM

The Ortofon Cadenza Black has a recommended loading of ">10 ohms". For me this begs the question how well does it sound going directly into the MC input? I'm sure others will be more than happy to come in and "correct" me on this but it's probably not that far off of the gain and loading needed by the Shindo cartridge. Your ears will tell you the truth. If this sounds great, then I would go up the pre-amp line as you were considering earlier.

However, if you find the correct type (black) A23 SUT is a large step-up in quality (likely) then either this one or the A23 Homage SUT would be the natural path to go 1st rather than upgrading the pre-amp. Well, actually I would recommend you loan one from your dealer and give it a listen first... but I think you would me mightily impressed.

There are two versions of the regular A23 SUT - one is black (Ortofon) and one is silver (EMT/Denon). As far as those go you would want to use the black version that is loaded for Ortofon, and definitely not the silver EMT/Denon version. I think this is correct. The recommended loading for EMT is about 200 ohms and the Denon 103 is about 100 ohms - much higher than where an Ortofon would be happy. It would sound bright and lack bass with this version of the SUT. According to what you said earlier in this thread you are using the INCORRECT SUT for your cartridge! Please compare to running in the MC input directly, and compare this to the black A23 SUT or the Homage. Perhaps your dealer will take your A23 SUT and give credit toward the Homage, or correct A23 SUT.

Last edited by junker; 11-03-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:13 AM

Well described J--just to say the basic A23 SPU version must be also be available in Silver --mine was. I compared it to the MC straight into my MC Phono stage and preferred the SPU direct--I found the lesser A23 although excellent a little soft into my Auriéges MM--I'd say the Poster should aim for the Homage -it is indeed on a far superior plain.

Good Luck,
Des
Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the input. I do have a Denon 103 on my Thorens so I am keeping the A23 SUT for that. The Aurieges does not have an MC as you know so I can not compare to an MC input right now.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:21 PM

Oh right, the Aurieges doesn't have the MC inputs...I traded mine into Matt a few months ago and forgot already hah!

Try the Homage SUT...as Des mentions that is a great place to be and it will be a great piece no matter which Shindo pre-amp you end up using long-term. =)
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 PM

I got one used - just need to figure out how to connect it LOL
Old 11-04-2015, 08:53 AM

OK at risk of being stoned - can anyone please let me know how to connect the TT and the pre to the Hommage?
I can not find any pictures online and the gentleman I bought it from lost the "manual" and he actually never used it. I am assuming it is the TT (in) on the right side with ground on the top and pre-amp connection (out) on the left with ground on the top.
I just want to make sure it is not the same approach as the A23 has which would have a horizontal connection - TT on the bottom "row" and the pre on the top?
Thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:12 PM
alive and kickin'

The side with the ground cable is the OUT (to preamp)
Old 11-04-2015, 07:12 PM

Thanks! Any difference in choosing which side is to be the "+" and "-"?
I am assuming it is not going to make a difference as long as the in and out are matched?