Amplification: Luxman L-590AX Mark II.
Luxman D-06u SACD.
Roon/Tidal.
Bryston BDP-Pi

PrimaLuna Dialogue HP EL34

Speakers: Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary

Headphones:

ZMF Auteur Blackwood

Headphone Amplification: Audeze Deckard, PrimaLuna Dialogue HP, Luxman L-590AX Mark II, Woo Audio WA6

Source/DAC. Roon/Tidal.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Media Server Aficionado

Yep - can also tell if the driver messed up.

Had a slew of things going to a client's house recently, and the driver dutifully took his pic and went on his way. However - he forgot a box. Tried to get Amzn cust serv to try to call the driver to send him back for the box he forgot, but unlike other carriers, they still "have no way" to contact the driver. They did issue me a refund and re-ordered the part, but now 2 days late.

Oops.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:33 PM

Hmmm... what other carriers besides FedEx. Ups wonít do it. I know. Iíve tried MANY times with them. No go. See you tomorrow when the drivers go out again. FedEx is the only one they could do that with and I was not always 100% successful with. No reason ups couldnít do that either for years. Only that their C/S stinks.

My guess is eventually amazon will have that capability since these guys are taking the photos with their smart phones upon delivery.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Racing Hoopties

My build would be that most companies do not have customer service. It seems if they have a call center in the Philippines or India we are now relieved to at least be able to talk to a human. I find most companies make you answer questions by typing a number into your smart phone trying to give you the illusion of speaking with customer service. I hate the early days of A.I.
Main room - Sonus Faber Stradivari, JL Audio F113v2 & CR-1 Crossover, McIntosh MC2301 Amplifiers with Stillpoint Ultra SS feet, McIntosh C1100 on Stillpoint Minis, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Minis, Cybershaft Ultimate 2 OP17 on Stillpoint Minis, SilenZio v.2 Audio by -E- Media Server (running ROON).

Other - 2 Stillpoint Apertures, GIK Bass Traps, Vicoustics Waveguide panels, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 1.5 meter BNC, Shunyata Alpha 1.5 meter USB, WW Gold Eclipse 7 SCs, WW Silver Electra 7 PCs, WW Silver Eclipse ICs; 3 X 20 Amp Power lines, PS Audio P10 & Dectet, 3 Sound Anchor stands, Powerports and numerous Noise Harvesters. Furutech Flex 50, Cable risers, HRS dampeners

TV Room Audio - Panasonic TC-P60GT50, McIntosh MX-121, MC7106, Revel F52 & C32, B&W LM1, Sonos Connect\W4S Remedy\iFI 9V Power, WW & Kimber cables, PS Audio Dectet
Old 01-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Amazon Delivery

Amazon has been crazy good for us. I have ordered Makers Mark Bourbon at lunch and delivered by dinner. Customer Service stands by their mistakes.

Porch Pirates are real, itís a unfortunate career despite Ring doorbells and other security systems.

Unless Iím home, we deliver everything to my business, though not sure if Nosey Pirates are better then Porch Pirates 🤭
Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3ís & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, Ansuz C2, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpointís Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
Power & Sound: DíAgostino Pre-Amplifier to DíAgostino Momentum Monoís driving Wilson Alexiaís
Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII
Old 01-11-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
My build would be that most companies do not have customer service. It seems if they have a call center in the Philippines or India we are now relieved to at least be able to talk to a human. I find most companies make you answer questions by typing a number into your smart phone trying to give you the illusion of speaking with customer service. I hate the early days of A.I.

You and me both! I refuse to talk to CS reps I canít understand and demand to speak to a supervisor and the majority of the time transferred to someone I can. AI is annoying to say the least.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I needed to add an additional switch to my network set-up so I ordered one from Amazon yesterday. I was sitting downstairs in my 2 channel room and decided to look on the Amazon site for tracking information. It showed delivered and attached was this photo. Pretty cool .

Depending on size most of my Amazon orders get delivered by USPS, items by UPS and if it is coming from a local fullfilment location, contracted delivery like today I assume.
You're lucky. When I get deliveries, I like deliveries to go to my front door which has a large covered porch and is completely dry if it rains. Unfortunately, deliveries sometimes end up at a side door which is closer to the driveway but does not have a protective porch around it. Packages have gotten rained on. Nothing has ever been stolen because neither door is visible from the street.
Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up the fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B225, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

System photos: https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...3&d=1340065567
https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...2&d=1340065551
https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...0&d=1502929994
Old 01-11-2019, 08:03 AM

Default maybe wait a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
I should buy more Amazon stock now...
Our experience with Amazon drivers has not been so great so far (Boston Metro Area). In particular for office deliveries - these guys are under such time pressure they tend to leave a pile of stuff in the main lobby to the building and let the various tenants sort it out. Who was that mailman in Cheers?

Our regular UPS driver however has been fantastic. Comes into the office twice a day to check with our office manager.

So, it depends I guess.

(also, the poor Amazon guy is driving in his own 14 year old Civic. Can't be easy.)
Main - JRiver/Synology; Sonos; OPPO HA-1; Bryston B-cubed; Audio Physic Tempo Plus; 'Phones Audeze LCD-3 Office: iMac/JRiver and Spotify; NAD D3020 driving QAcoustics 3020. Media Room:, Samsung Plasma, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; Racks by Salamander; Kids - REGA RP1, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:59 PM

Iíd complain to amazon. Thatís not secure delivery.
Mailman in Cheers was Cliffie.