AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 03-30-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venere View Post
So true. If Doug's system is humble, mine is almost worthy of sympathy. I was almost embarrassed to post info about my circa $7k system (far less than what many members spend on cables alone) but happily there is such a wide diversity of music lovers on this site that I felt very welcome. I would love to hear those speakers in that particular room. Something very unique about the whole setup. Cool.
Venere...the price of your system is irrelevant and you have nothing to feel bad about. We can all get enjoyment from any music-reproducing system as long as it connects you emotionally with the music and takes you on a ride and allows you to chillax and commune with the artist you are listening to. We have all had those experiences with an iPod/iPhone to megabuck systems and everything in between. Also there are many $7k systems that kick the ass of much more expensive ones...it's all in the matching of the speakers to the room and the gear to the speakers. So please don't sweat the dollars and get into a comparison mindset...believe me there's enough "keeping up with the Joneses" aspects in all our lives that you don't want that to invade your thinking with regards to your audio system...that will only ruin the enjoyment that I am sure you are getting from your rig

Last edited by cmalak; 03-31-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 PM

Thank you Douglas. Great advice. I do thoroughly enjoy my system for many many hours each week. Its always been a fun hobby.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Douglas - Pleaseeeeee don't let anyone knock that right speaker off the rise. It looks like it's in a rather precarious position. If I were you I'd put a couple of pillows down there just in case!

- Buck
Lol, good Idea Buck
Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Venere...the price of your system is irrelevant and you have nothing to feel bad about. We can all get enjoyment from any music-reproducing system as long as it connects you emotionally with the music and takes you on a ride and allows you to chillax and commune with the artist you are listening to. We have all had those experiences with an iPod/iPhone to megabuck systems and everything in between. Also there are many $7k systems that kick the ass of much more expensive ones...it's all in the matching of the speakers to the room and the gear to the speakers. So please don't sweat the dollars and get into a comparison mindset...believe me there's enough "keeping up with the Joneses" aspects in all our lives that you don't want that to invade your thinking with regards to your audio system...that's only ruin the enjoyment that I am sure you are getting from your rig
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I cannot agree more
Old 04-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Yes not so humble. Speakers of the year 2012 for Stereophile...
Nice setup, congratulations.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel6m View Post
Yes not so humble. Speakers of the year 2012 for Stereophile...
Nice setup, congratulations.
Thanks Joel.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Venere...the price of your system is irrelevant and you have nothing to feel bad about. We can all get enjoyment from any music-reproducing system as long as it connects you emotionally with the music and takes you on a ride and allows you to chillax and commune with the artist you are listening to. We have all had those experiences with an iPod/iPhone to megabuck systems and everything in between. Also there are many $7k systems that kick the ass of much more expensive ones...it's all in the matching of the speakers to the room and the gear to the speakers. So please don't sweat the dollars and get into a comparison mindset...believe me there's enough "keeping up with the Joneses" aspects in all our lives that you don't want that to invade your thinking with regards to your audio system...that will only ruin the enjoyment that I am sure you are getting from your rig
Agree! Agree! Agree!

Well said! Music enjoyment cannot be measured by dollars! Its every individual's perception, love and passion.

Nicely addressed. We are to here to do comparisons but appreciate each other's love for music and their setup!

CMLAK, your the man! Respect!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 04-06-2015, 04:11 AM

You have a very nice setup Douglas. Your Vivid speakers, fantastic formes and shapes!
Old 04-06-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandecker View Post
You have a very nice setup Douglas. Your Vivid speakers, fantastic formes and shapes!
Thanks Sandecker