AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Ayre

Ayre A new dimension of musical enjoyment

Old 04-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Lee View Post
Hey! I bought from him too....

Yes, all my Ayre are bought from Singapore; shipped to Hong Kong.

(Audio)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
+1 for Ayre Singapore dealer. Superb dealer!
Small world
Old 04-20-2017, 12:25 AM

Well at last I am awaiting the delivery of my repaired MX-R Twenty What a saga originally started overheating in November 2016, Sent for upgrading in January 2017, one upgraded amp faulty sent back for repair.......and finally due for delivery in the next hour....hope it was worth the wait. Will post my impressions.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinster View Post
Well at last I am awaiting the delivery of my repaired MX-R Twenty What a saga originally started overheating in November 2016, Sent for upgrading in January 2017, one upgraded amp faulty sent back for repair.......and finally due for delivery in the next hour....hope it was worth the wait. Will post my impressions.
I can't imagine you won't be happy but be fair in your expectations and give it some time before you sit down to make your call. Congrats on making it to this point - I was also not impressed with Ayre in how they handled my MX-R upgrade during the same time period - delays of over two months from the promised date for the parts, missing parts in the shipment when it did finally arrive but in the end it all got sorted and they did apologize in writing.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtl View Post
Unfortunately, i will not be getting any more Ayre products in future. The local Pass dealer or Octave Audio dealer is from experience way better and their products ain't too shabby either.
I live in the US and having purchased and dealt with folks at both Ayre and Pass, will never ever buy another Ayre product (has nothing to do with AD; poor Ayre service), but will buy buy and buy again from Pass because of exceptional customer service.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
....I was also not impressed with Ayre in how they handled my MX-R upgrade during the same time period - delays of over two months from the promised date for the parts, missing parts in the shipment when it did finally arrive but in the end it all got sorted and they did apologize in writing.
The problem with Ayre is that they count on customer tolerance for slovenly service. Would you have the same leniency with your cardiac surgeon? With the maintenance worker who was bolting the wing on the airplane you're flying in at 30,000 ft? Poor service is poor service and anymore it is completely inexcusable, though it will persistently be defended by a brand's fan-bois.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
The problem with Ayre is that they count on customer tolerance for slovenly service. Would you have the same leniency with your cardiac surgeon? With the maintenance worker who was bolting the wing on the airplane you're flying in at 30,000 ft? Poor service is poor service and anymore it is completely inexcusable, though it will persistently be defended by a brand's fan-bois.
Give it a rest. I've had nothing but good service from Ayre up until that point and they acknowledged that they didn't perform as they should have and that they've now addressed the issues. I'll take that record any day, and twice on Sunday.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:

Arsvark

Can you remind us as to what was the issue you experienced with your Ayre product....was there a specific issue that was not corrected or were you just unhappy with a product you bought? what question were you unable to get an answer to. You keep bringing up your experience but I don't believe you have provided any details. In both the Ayre and Pass cases I believe you bought the products without listening to them first....which IMHO leads to potential for dissatisfaction. The more I read your posts the more I feel you were just suffering buyers remorse and have been pouting about it for over a year
Old 04-21-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
As opposed to you who feels compelled to chime in on every Ayre post to tell how they were apparently mean and nasty to you by telling you to (gasp!) consult your dealer.

We all get it, you hate Ayre and love Pass. Pass spent a ton of time with you on the phone and answered every question, and that's great; so has Ayre for me.

I personally have been treated wonderfully by Ayre in every interaction.

They did take a bit longer to make my MX-R Twenties than they had promised, but they're a small company making a great product, so they get a pass (ha!) on that from me.

Last edited by BillK; 04-21-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 AM

Aardvark you do crack me up. Nice agenda. Pass sells out the back door and hurts the future resale value of their products. I know the for fact, but know more than three dealers who dropped their line due to this. Nelson does and always has, hated dealers. It's who he is. I like the Pass gear as I've stated on many threads, but would never purchase a piece regardless of how nice they are. Around and around we go, lol.

Ayre is changing. Alex is gone. Maybe you had a personal thing with him? That can happen anywhere as you know. People often don't get along for some reason. I recall that you bypassed the dealer and went directly to Ayre. Why not go through your dealer? Do you feel you are better than that? If a dealer can't a good result, then go to the company. That's why Ayre has and uses their dealers, but you seem to have a problem with that and feel the need to go directly the company.

Your attempts to make Ayre look bad have failed miserably as many speak about you off the boards and make fun of your hatred of Ayre. Im sure that you love this though. Keep on posting your tired old trash as most of us have had nothing but great customer service from them along with other companies we deal with.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:24 AM

I don't mind defending myself at all. My career has been in coaching healthcare providers on how to overcome medical errors, where slovenly service literally has resulted in death. The principles are applicable in all industries. I have an Ayre integrated and it performs very well. My complaint has been in how Ayre responded when I contacted them about a failure in one of their products, subsequently returned to the dealer.

How a provider of either a service or a product should matter. It is in all consumers best interest. Of all I have dealt with professionally and personally, Ayer fell the shortest in their response.

Admitting and correcting mistakes and poor service is one thing. Adopting QC measures and a culture to avoid them from even happening in the first place is another. Lack of negative consumer feedback leads to complacency and that should never be tolerated.

I think it's great that Ayre owns up to their mistakes and offers to make them right. But that falls short of not making the mistakes in the first place, when, with the proper processes in place, should be completely avoidable.