Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 PM

^possible......
Old 02-28-2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
Was it the Fim 880 (First In Music)?Attachment 54176
First Impression Music.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 PM

Reading this forum has been simultaneously enlightening, inspiring and depressing. I've come across many things to improve the audiophile experience that were never remotely on my radar, like these little gems, but on the other the list of things I need to buy continues to expand and it feels like I'm getting farther and farther from the end goal, even though nothing in my listening room has actually changed. lol

Is this something any idiot can install with a screwdriver, or does it require an actual electrician skillset?
Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccidentalDB View Post
Reading this forum has been simultaneously enlightening, inspiring and depressing. I've come across many things to improve the audiophile experience that were never remotely on my radar, like these little gems, but on the other the list of things I need to buy continues to expand and it feels like I'm getting farther and farther from the end goal, even though nothing in my listening room has actually changed. lol

Is this something any idiot can install with a screwdriver, or does it require an actual electrician skillset?

I did it myself, following the instructions, turning off the power at the circuit breaker, etc, and I don't recall previously fiddling around with an outlet for any reason before that.
It's straightforward. Check out directions online or on youtube for replacing an outlet, if you already haven't. The procedure for installing audiophile outlets isn't different in a meaningful way from normal outlets.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 03-26-2018, 11:35 AM

Default New Furutech GTX/NCF-R outlets in the House

[QUOTE=

Is this something any idiot can install with a screwdriver, or does it require an actual electrician skillset?[/QUOTE]

It’s really quite easy to install outlets. Just flip off the breaker and make sure no one else in the house flips it back on while you’re working on it! Tighten the screws securely. Once you’re done and power is back on, test that the new outlet is connected properly with a tester.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NBDTQI..._5lrUAbBWMDC6Z
Old 03-26-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccidentalDB View Post
I did it for 3 in my system. I followed these instructions & it was easy. Furutech Wiring Instructions
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker+Kuzma 4-point+Miyajima ETR-MONO SUT & Miyajima Infinity (Mono) // Hana Umami (Stereo)
Tweaks: Shakti Stones, GIK Panels, IsoAcoustics Feet
Old 10-22-2018, 06:43 PM

This is a pertinent thread. In he past two months I have installed 17 Furutech GTX-D duplex in and around my system.
I bought 10 GTX-D Gold, and 8 GTX-D NCF Rhodium. (I have one NCF left over)
I also bought a few '28' version Rhodium plugs, some Edison, some IEC.
The ups and downs of breaking in were beyond description. Also the fact I was adding one here, one there over two months..tested my patience.
I replaced some of the Gold with Rhodium as time went on, and thus part of having one left over. For future swaps.

The end result has been a total upgrade in the final sound of my system. Primarily in clarity. and some better attack and coherency.
I started just wanting a few. but with the improvements each time I added more.. I just went 'all in'. Even replacing all the duplex in both of my conditioners. A PS Audio P-600 I use for digital, and my Furman REF20I for all else.

Two things I would mention. One I noticed when I put back in a AC cord with brass plugs parts, immediately I could hear an added veil in the upper mids behind the music. As soon as I removed the Wattgate basic plugs and cord, it was gone. I have never noticed it, but with 100% removal of all BRASS, it was something I suddenly could hear.
The second thing as a comment on another post, the Furutech duplex grip is good, but not spectacular like some duplex. and the way the grip is created, with a spring system, no harm comes to soft all copper blades plated with Rhodium.
I have to say I cringed after I plugged a Rhodium Furutech plug just to test it, into an ordinary Duplex, and saw the big one time use gouges in the blades!
Never again.

I have had the all Furutech setup for AC for only a few months now. I think some of the outlets are still breaking in somewhat. But it seems a good investment.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 10-22-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Thank you . I corrected it.