AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bricasti Design

Bricasti Design Listen To The Possibilities

Old 06-11-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHV View Post
FWIW here is Fremer's review...not good... be sure to look at comments for link to manufacture response... IMHO if Fremer didn't like them then the Briscasti are probably fantastic...Fremer is probably the #1 reason that I stopped buying Stereophile several decades ago...I think he was the one that gave fantastic review of the sonic improvement provided by Mpingo wood pucks. Bricasti Design M28 monoblock power amplifier | Stereophile.com Steve
My thoughts exactly. Nothing personal against Fremer, I just don't typically agree with his assessments and tastes. My thinking is also that the M28 is voiced to be best sourced from the M1 and run fully balanced. Fremer did none of that...

Last edited by Bavarian05; 06-12-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:05 PM

"Nothing personal against Fremer, I just don't typically agree with his assessments and tastes."
The problem is that there are people who take this sort of review seriously; like me 30 years ago and it can have adverse effects on, especially, a small company. Solid state electronics are well understood physics and measurable. When someone like Fremer talks about improvement with long "burn in", my BS detector goes crazy. If that is happening give me the numbers/waveforms to prove it.

Steve
Old 06-13-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Strongly considering a new pair of these...keep kicking myself that I missed them at AXPONA this year. Anyone aware of any owners on AA? I would love to speak with another owner. I am slightly nervous about not using a preamp. I've recently gone completely digital so other sources are not the concern, but to my ears in the past the preamp has been beneficial. Though according to Brian at Bricasti, they have really addressed this with adjustable gain on the M28s for perfect matching without attenuating much in the digital domain...
Placed my order...now the agonizing wait begins. :-)
Old 06-13-2015, 09:24 PM

Congrats! I haven't heard the production version (did hear the prototypes at RMAF 2013) of these amps but they look great! Patience is the key here until they come in.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
Congrats! I haven't heard the production version (did hear the prototypes at RMAF 2013) of these amps but they look great! Patience is the key here until they come in.
Thank you!
Patience is not one of my virtues. :-)
Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHV View Post
"Nothing personal against Fremer, I just don't typically agree with his assessments and tastes." **** The problem is that there are people who take this sort of review seriously; like me 30 years ago and it can have adverse effects on, especially, a small company. Solid state electronics are well understood physics and measurable. When someone like Fremer talks about improvement with long "burn in", my BS detector goes crazy. If that is happening give me the numbers/waveforms to prove it. Steve
My experience has taught me that break in is absolutely real.
Not all devices, but many with high quality capacitors definitely seem to sound uptight and unforgiving at first, can dramatically settle down and offer much improved dynamics after a good 50-100 hours. My previous ARC Reference gear was a prime example. It honestly sounded confused for lack of a better word for the first few hundred hours and eventually came into its own after a good 300-450 hours. It seemed to go through bizarre stages.

Not so sure about transistors, but I do believe in wire dielectric and capacitor run in.
Just my two cents...
Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
My experience has taught me that break in is absolutely real.
Not all devices, but many with high quality capacitors definitely seem to sound uptight and unforgiving at first, can dramatically settle down and offer much improved dynamics after a good 50-100 hours. My previous ARC Reference gear was a prime example. It honestly sounded confused for lack of a better word for the first few hundred hours and eventually came into its own after a good 300-450 hours. It seemed to go through bizarre stages.

Not so sure about transistors, but I do believe in wire dielectric and capacitor run in.
Just my two cents...
Don't want to start another version of "wire wars" but it seems like this possible effect is testable. I guess that I'm "jaded" by my previous vocation; "experience", "common sense", etc. were/are often proven to be wrong by "science" which is also a moving target, etc., etc. :>)
(with additional thought, I guess the final arbitrator for this "hobby" is the "psycho-physiology" of the end user rather than physics)

Steve

Last edited by SHV; 06-19-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Just wanted to say HI. New to this forum. Normally visited the MLO and computer audio forums. Like what I’ve seen so far.

2 Channel: Bricasti M12 DAC & M28's Mono's Black / Aurender N10 Black / Treatments: RPG BAD ARC panels (F, S, Bass Trap & R walls)
Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK
Grounding: Nordost QKore 6 (2-M28, 1-N10, 1-M12, 1-QB8, 1-Router) / 8' Earth Ground Rod / Bricasti M12 w/Acoustic Revive RGC-24
Nordost: 5-QV2 & QK1, 2-QX4 / 12-TC Kones, 27-Sort Fut & 28-LIft / O2/V2 Pwr / O2: SC, Digital & XLR's / H2 Network / V2 RCA Sub's
Misc: Mini iPad / Furutech GTX-DNCF / LED lighting / Aurender AMM / Lovan Rack / SR Quantum Blue Fuses & Black Box
Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6-Vanquish, Focus / Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31 / Entreq SM /65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60/ Nordost Tyr 2

Last edited by GW1800; 05-09-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Merry Christmas to all

GW1800.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Life is beautiful

Yes indeed, welcome GW1800!
AA is a great place to hang out.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables