AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 02-14-2019, 11:25 PM

As a sound bar and or a small bedroom system, it looks interesting except 3 grand is too steep for what it is. $1k to 1.5k max., sonos sound bar is a bargain at $599
Old 02-14-2019, 11:54 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default RS200 Wirless Speaker System

I had their McAire system for my bedroom, but it failed, they replaced it twice and then I sold it unopened - I wished it worked for me as it sounded good for what it was, it was not cheap thinking it was the same dollar for the RS200.

What I like about the RS is you can add a sub, and it has HDMI.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 AM

I am amazed about the quantity of new Mcintosh products being launched during the last 12 months. Did they do like this always? I dont get it.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

I’ll keep my Peachtree deepblue2 for $400 thank you.

McIntosh can “water down” their brand if they keep this up.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 02-15-2019, 12:45 PM

ugg
Old 02-15-2019, 02:34 PM

I like it, compared to the McAire, which this is obviously the replacement of, the RS200 is MUCH better looking in my opinion. Cmon guys McIntosh IS in the lifestyle business. Good for them. They are selling these units. My local custom clothier has a RS100 in his shop now, he loves the LOOK and sound. There is a market for these products. The sunny side is that if McIntosh remains successful in this sector, then they can continue to produce their hi end products that I and many others treasure.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 02-15-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knecht View Post
I’m not sure why they are so focused on lifestyle products. Growing market I guess. Sad!
Not sure why some of you believe that it's sad for a company to venture into a growing market. Whether you're not personally interested in any of these new Lifestyle products is irrelevant. There are obviously many who are interested in this type of product and we should all be glad that McIntosh isn't resting on its laurels as a company that only produces vacuum tube power amps. These types of products, if fairly successful, helps fund new core products and keeps people employed in Binghamton.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:56 PM

I agree, as long as they use these type of units as an extra source of revenue to invest and maintain the hi-fi units that we are after , I am all for it, it may bring more and new customers to support the plant in NY, true.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
As a sound bar and or a small bedroom system, it looks interesting except 3 grand is too steep for what it is. $1k to 1.5k max., sonos sound bar is a bargain at $599
I disagree on Sonos (they sound grating to me), but agree wholeheartedly that $3K is wrong. Naim Mu-So and Qu-So, and the Klipsch Three make much more sense.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
Assemled in China :/

Yeah, the price of any McIntosh product is what it is, and if you can afford it, you may buy it............................but when the back label says —

DESIGNED BY MCINTOSH IN THE U.S.A.
ASSEMBLED IN CHINA

that's another unacceptable matter for this iconic brand.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub