Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 01-30-2015, 12:39 PM

Default Vivid Giya G1 Review

Outstanding review of G1 from 6moons:

6moons audioreviews: Vivid Audio Giya G1
Old 01-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Sven.......I just cannot get past the looks. They just do not appeal to my sense of beauty.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Sven.......I just cannot get past the looks. They just do not appeal to my sense of beauty.
Dan, my opinion was the same for some time, but the looks of these speakers have really grown on me. I now think they look very unique… like a musical instrument. They do get great reviews so I would really like to hear any of the Giya models. If they sound as good as the reviews say they do, I would definitely consider these as my next speakers (along with several others).

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean
Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboudreaux View Post
Dan, my opinion was the same for some time, but the looks of these speakers have really grown on me. I now think they look very unique… like a musical instrument. They do get great reviews so I would really like to hear any of the Giya models. If they sound as good as the reviews say they do, I would definitely consider these as my next speakers (along with several others).
Glenn.......Two "ifs". If they sounded excellent..........and if I could always listen in a completely darkened room, I might consider a pair. The former is probably true. The latter is unlikely. It is a no go for me. I just can't live with two giant snails in the room no matter what color they are painted. Just sayin'

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 01-31-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:19 PM

I love the way they look. Better than your typical box. But then again, we all have our preferences.

The appearance of any audio component has always been fairly low on my list of priorities anyway, so no difference either way to me if it sounds right.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0899.jpg (89.6 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0894.jpg (82.1 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 01-30-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Enlarge photos.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Elescher.......In your room the Vivids look attractive. It looks like you are using Stillpoints under them. Great looking room.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:00 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Dan, de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.

In 2010, at the Brussels Hifi Show, I heard Vivid Audio for the first time.
The B1's.

In the middle of the royal company of big and very expensive Wilsons, Magicos, and the likes, they drew my attention because they made me connect with the music like no other speakers.
The holographic qualities like described in the review are indeed exceptional.
Extensive listening made me fall in love more and more with the brand.
This was done without the Missus, because I thought she wouldn't like them.
I liked the looks more and more though.
I tried to like Sonus Faber (gorgeous looking!!), B&W, Gauder,...
All very good speakers... but I kept coming back to the Vivids.
Once I realized I really wanted these speakers, I went together with my wife to listen.
The B1's were a no go, but much to my surprise she liked the Giyas!

The rest of the story is known, we now own a full surround set of Vivid Audio.

When we have visitors, they often spontaneously say: "Oh, these are nice speakers, so different from the common boxes! This is pure art!".
I guess we're not the only ones with this taste...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 01-31-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:18 AM

Sven,

thanks for posting the review of the Giya G1. I have been thinking about replacing my old B&W N802 with Giyas or Wilson speakers ( or PMC ??) for a while. I have heard the Giyas twice with different amplification but unfortunatedly not with Mcintosh gear that I own. They always sounded great.

Dan,
my wife (and myself) likes the looks of the Giyas very much. We think they look like elegant pieces of art - unique audio sculptures. Much more acceptable than Wilson MAXX3 - better than Alexia or Sasha. But the Alexias with C2500 and MC601 sounded exeptionally good, too.

I never had the chance to listen to Wilson and Vivid speakers side by side. I would love to hear both speakers in my home but unfortunately I don´t know a dealer carrying both brands. So I am wondering if any of you have any personal experience and impressions comparing Alexias to Giya.

Kind regards

Burkhard
Old 01-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Elescher.......In your room the Vivids look attractive. It looks like you are using Stillpoints under them. Great looking room.
Fantastic room indeed!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-31-2015, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the kind words. System is sounding better than ever. I recently replaced the room treatments on the front wall and some on the (back) side walls with the (black) Vicoustics Wood 36 panels. Everything improved.