AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 02-02-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jororupp View Post
The DC-37 digital section exceeds the DP-550 according to a test report in a German magazine.This is why i consider to get a DC-37 and keep the DP-550.

I wouldn't use a PS in my stereo, even if it plays SACD...
You mean PlayStation?

I might have a dilemma here, getting the DP550 and have the possibility of spinning CDs and SACDs (using the USB port to stream some files with the computer) or a DP37 (which supposedly have a better digital section than the DP550) and buy a Oppo to play some discs when I feel the need.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Accuphase DP-550

Hi Lesnik, thank you for the useful info. One thing I'm not clear of from your response. Are you saying that if you connect the Oppo 105 to DP-550 and use Oppo as a cd transport and DP-550 as a DAC - this combo sounds better than playing the same CD using Dp-550? I think the transport in Dp-550 and clock should be in a different league from the ones that in OPPO.
Can you please clarify?
Thank you.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:11 PM

No! Sure DP-550 sounding better!
I mean that OPPO connected as a transport to DAC of 550 is sounding better than OPPO as cd player. But still difference is very audible
Old 02-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDoor View Post
You mean PlayStation?

I might have a dilemma here, getting the DP550 and have the possibility of spinning CDs and SACDs (using the USB port to stream some files with the computer) or a DP37 (which supposedly have a better digital section than the DP550) and buy a Oppo to play some discs when I feel the need.
Its depends if you need cd transport. If yes-OPPO is not best companion for DP37.
If not-OPPO is a beautiful piece of equipment to play any type of disc and (with custom firmware) streaming BD,DVD, SACD files and folders.
It is very comfortable.

But if you want to use cd's- DP-550 way better. And you can upgrade it with DC37 or according to user manual of DP-550 -901. Accuphase probably considering even this option

Last edited by Lesnik; 03-24-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:03 AM

Do you mean DC-37?
Old 02-06-2016, 04:58 AM

yes DC-37
Old 02-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnik View Post
Its depends if you need cd transport. If yes-OPPO is not best companion for DP37.
If not-OPPO is a beautiful piece of equipment to play any type of disc and (with custom firmware) streaming BD,DVD, SACD files and folders.
It is very comfortable.

But if you want to use cd's- DP-550 way better. And you can upgrade it with DP37 or according to user manual of DP-550 -901. Accuphase probably considering even this option
Well, I wanted the best of two worlds, a decent transport to spin some CDs (I still have hundreds and still buy them) and a very good dac. You know what I mean?

I know that the best proposition would be a DP720 or a DC37 / DP550 combo, but either options are out of my price range, so I have to make a choice, a better dac (DC37) without transport or a good dac with it (DP550).

I was thinking of getting the DC37 and an Oppo 103 (spdif connected) to spin some CDs from time to time.
I do know that the Oppo is not the best transport, but I wonder if it didn't a decent job at it.
Have to decide. That's why I need some insights
Old 02-07-2016, 03:54 PM

For me my Oppo 105d is must have. To play DVD, DVD-A, SACD multichanel, BD and streaming all the type media. I must say that 24/192 vinyl rip streaming by OPPO-DP-550 as DAC is sounding VERY good and usually better than original cd ( i have a cd collection about 2000 cd's)

So probably DC+OPPO is not bad choice
Old 02-07-2016, 06:30 PM

My OPPO 103D with Audiopraise Vanity HD board using spdif to DG-58 (sounds pretty much identical to DAC section of DC-37 and DP-720 according to several members) is inferior to DP-410 on CD. I'm using a cheap DIY coaxial cable though.

I'm going to upgrade my 103D with LPS + Furutech inlet + Mundorf silver wire with high end coaxial cable. Will report back once broken in.

I choose OPPO + Vanity HD board for it's multi-format capability. SACD is converted to 176.4 kHz PCM through a proprietary algorithm. Sounds better than OPPO's internal 88.2 kHz conversion. Even regular CD sounds better due to re-clocking by the Vanity HD board.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM

I want to share some impressions.
After 2 weeks Dp-550 sounds better than it was new out of the box. And sounds great!
But very interesting that CD playing on DP-550 in 44.1 sounds better than the same BD from Oppo-105 through DP-550 DAC in 96.
Can not to do the same comparison with SACD since DP-550 DAC don't understand DSD others than HS_Link