AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 06-21-2020, 06:08 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
What are the dimensions of your room?
The room is 14ft wide x 18.5ft long, with an 11ft ceiling. Configuration necessitates putting my setup on the long wall. I'm about 9ft from the plane of the speakers, with the rear wall right behind my head. Attached is a PDF of the layout.

I'd crossed the Focus off the list of any potential purchases when they crossed into five figures, especially when there are more less expensive options now, but I seem to be looking at them again despite that. Price-wise, the Signature SE is a bit more feasible, but due diligence and all that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf apt layout.pdf (48.9 KB, 15 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 06-21-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
The room is 14ft wide x 18.5ft long, with an 11ft ceiling. Configuration necessitates putting my setup on the long wall. I'm about 9ft from the plane of the speakers, with the rear wall right behind my head. Attached is a PDF of the layout.

I'd crossed the Focus off the list of any potential purchases when they crossed into five figures, especially when there are more less expensive options now, but I seem to be looking at them again despite that. Price-wise, the Signature SE is a bit more feasible, but due diligence and all that.
Those dimensions can work,....
Old 06-21-2020, 12:09 PM

with THIS!!!...

Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAllan70 View Post
with THIS!!!... [emoji106]

Definitely....phenomenal amps....latest generation (ICEedge) amps with bespoke power supplies and heat sinks. Love my i.V4 Ultra these past weeks! Never thought i would say this about a digital amp,...I cannot hear the difference between the 20K+ class A/B amps from Esoteric, Maker Audio and Edge, each 100lbs each and above and this amp! At half the weight and less than one half the price for 2ch, I get 4, and equal in sound, I think I am vastly ahead of the game!
Old 06-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Go Dawgs

Not to mention it's a fine looking amplifier too Mark. They did a great job on the design with those things.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 06-21-2020, 01:45 PM
Semi-audiophile

This thread has now become dangerous.

Time to play something on my current system . . .
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 06-21-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Not to mention it's a fine looking amplifier too Mark. They did a great job on the design with those things.

- Buck
Thank you Buck,...with all that beautiful DCS and D'agostino gear you have that is hearty praise!
Old 06-21-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
This thread has now become dangerous.

Time to play something on my current system . . .
We are the devil sitting on your left shoulder, but unlike the old story, we don't whisper LOL!!!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
We are the devil sitting on your left shoulder, but unlike the old story, we don't whisper LOL!!!
If the Signatures were taller, it'd be easier to ignore the Focus. I do have the manuals for both, though. Maybe not a good idea, especially since I'm still paying off my turntable.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:11 AM
Semi-audiophile

I saw Audio Classics had a pair of demo Focus SEs for sale. Fortunately, I don't need speakers right now. . .

Besides, the price went up. I just looked again.