AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 04-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Rebellious!

Default A Borderlands visit with V7Sport73

Funny things happen when you dive into your passions. I've met some truly interesting people in the interest of music and the gear that we play our music on. However, none - I mean no one is as passionate about music and gear as Anthony, V7Sport73!

It all started when I caught a few spectacular photos of Anthony's system on this forum here. Turns out he works and lives less than 10 minutes from my house!

After a few back and fourths over the holidays we agreed to meet up in early 2015. I swung by and picked up some donuts and muffins from the local Dunkin Donuts (as I transplant from Massachusetts, DD located at the edge of the earth is a marvel of it's own). Anthony would provide the coffee.

When I pulled up to his office I was greeted with a smile and my very own McIntosh Mug with coffee just the way I like it. Black. The introduction was seamless and Anthony was very inviting. We walked into his office and I simply was amazed. I'll save some time here by sharing with you an original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V7Sport73 View Post
This setup is not so much about the equipment as it is the office itself. The room was professionally designed by Rives Audio. Just about everything in the construction was done with acoustical properties in mind. Some of the acoustical modifications include adding wood floors, bumping out and building the coffered ceiling, adding the 2X2 panels, sound defuser columns behind the speakers, sound traps up in the ceiling, and more. I will start with the before photos when I purchased the property. I'm a real estate professional and do remodeling projects on a regular basis. So a lot of attention and detail when into the build out on this office.

When people see the above photo they ask me if we had already started demolition. This is the condition of the property when I purchased it. What you see is a photo of my office taken from were the equipment rack now is.

Rives Gets me the plan for the office.

We start on the project. All plaster was removed and the main support beams below the floor had to be jacked up and the building floor leveled.

Moving along with the project. Notice the special sound matting on the floor. You can also see the sound traps up in the ceiling. Under ground cable pulls were installed to hide most wiring.

Project completed and we are moved in! Length of time to do the building and have our doors open for business was 18 months.

I can't tell you how many people have tried to pull the tweeter off my B&W 805! Most folks think that this is some kind of karaoke setup and think they are grabbing a microphone

We listened to song after song from a variety of sources, each of us taking there time to play a choice track. I logged into my TIDAL account on his custom built computer using the Chrome Web Browser and we compared the CD versions we had to the the TIDAL streamed version- the verdict too hard to tell, it all sounded great. Plus I got to show a "non streaming person" what I think could be the future of Music.

The best moment in the office system was when we swapped in a set of WireWorld Eclipse cables between his B&W 805 speakers and his special edition MC75 mono block amps. I am on the end that cables don't matter- well we both heard a difference, a good one too. Music just sounded better, it flowed- I lack the adjectives but I know what heard

Be envious of this office system.

The craftsmanship done by Anthony was exceptional, he built the room from a set of plans that were provided to him over the internet!

I aspire to having an office space like this for the rest of my working life.

I took some photos but these are much better than the ones I took.

Things went so well, that Anthony invited my back to his home to listen to his "Other system."

more to follow as I post my impressions of his home...

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; 04-05-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Bill
What a nice vision with great execution. Congratulations. I looks inviting.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Rebellious!

@Jim

You'd like the home system too..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orycuTxE-1c[/ame]