AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM

I suspect my weak link is my tonearm and its wiring.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM

Shindo Aurieges, Montille, O/96 plus A23 speaker wire, Hommage T2 with VPI Prime and Ortofon Cadenza Black - more detail etc.
I also have a Tavish Adagio phono stage going into the Aurieges. A rebuild Lenco 78 with massive plinth w/Fidelity Research FR-24 MK II arm and Fidelity Research FR-1 MK III cart (retipped by the Soundsmith). Th eother Table is a suction TT from Micro Seiki BL-91 with SAEC 407 arm and an older Lyra entry level cart - these are both more lush, non-fatiguing superb enjoyable, I also have a Supex SD-900 on the way.
I also used a Thorens TD-124 MK-I with SME 3009 fully rebuilt and Denon 103 with A/23 SUT - it was the best bang for the buck and sort of married the above TTS in one. I stupidly sold it when it developed an issue instead of fixing it...
Old 11-17-2017, 05:45 AM
NOS Tube Lover

Shindo 301 player system as the main TT paired with an Auditorium 23 T1 SUT before it gets to my Vosne Romanee preamp. For mono LPs, I use an Ortofon SPU A mono though one day I hope go acquire an EMT mono cart.

Backup TTs include a Thorens TD-124 mki mounted in a Baltic Birch plinth with an SME 3012R tonearm and a Denon 103R re-tipped by Soundsmith and mounted in an ebony Uwe body. I ran this setup when I had a Monbrison pre and a Montille amp and it sounded great in that system configuration.

The second backup TT is a Thorens TD-124 mkii mounted in a OMA slate plinth with a Schick 12" tonearm and an Ortofon 90th Anniversary SPU.

Both backup TTs have been with Mirko in SoCal for a tuneup since my move to NorCal but I'm hoping to get them up and running in 2018. In the meanwhile, the Shindo 301 is the workhorse and I've been very pleased with its performance. My TT "quest" ended the day I bought the 301.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 AM

I use one Bauer DPS III with a Schröder Reference SQ Arm (Bamboo Armtube 13g eff mass) and one DPS II with two tonearm possibilities, one Schröder custom made DPS with a heavy snake wood armtube für carstdridges as Ortofon SPU, Ikeda 9, and also a Schröder CB tonearm with a Kingwood Armtube (14g eff mass) for carts like EMT JSD5, Kiseki Purpleheart...
On the Schröder Reference I mounted a DL 103 with a Ligno Lab Bronze Shell, as also an Allaerts MC1B MK II
Further more, there is a Immedia RPM II with Immedia tonearm which carries a Lyra Kleos SL.
No more Shindo here - I changed to Air Tight....

The Bauer is an amazing table!!!!

Greetinings from Berlin

Ekki
Old 11-17-2017, 11:28 PM

Very cool and impressive set ups !
I use a Verdier La Platine with 2 SME M2-12R : one SPU GMKII E and one EMT XSD15.
And a rebuilt TD124 with a Jelco SA250 and a DL103 Expert Stylus.
I used to use the MC input of the Giscours for the SPU and a A23 Hommage T2 SUT for the EMT in the MM input.
This will look as an heresy but I sold my A23 SUT and no more use the phono inputs of the Giscours or the Monbrison in the Shindo set-up. I use now a Cyrus Phono Reference Signature with the PSX-R2. Easier to switch between my 3 carts and more loading options.
I also find the sound of the Cyrus more involving and dynamic than the Shindo phono stage which will also look as an heresy.
IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_5758.jpg