AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 08-24-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
And there you go! Last year the Roon rep on Computer Audiophile said they had solved the problem when in reality they hadn't. I got JRiver up and running without any problems and haven't looked back. I suspect when I get the Aurender N10 and download Conductor on my Apple products JRiver will go by the wayside.
Listen dude, I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer. The information is in the thread on the D1100 USB issues. I'm not sure what you are not grasping. When one can reproduce the exact same problem on Windows, MacOS and Linux using a variety of different pieces of software including Roon, Runeaudio, Mood, Quicktime, VOX,Windows Media Player, JRiver with specific settings, and others, it's clear that it is not a problem with Roon. McIntosh engineers and support reported back to me that they had similar mixed results.

Additionally, f/w 1.03 was released specifically to address this issue. Take a look at it - 1.03 introduces a featured called USB automute, which allows you to disable or enable that feature. That is the only difference from 1.02.

I'm not sure why you refuse to either read what I've posted or believe it, but I have empirical evidence showing (on video) that this issue occurred with (as I've said) many many difference pieces of software. It was not isolated to Roon. I like my D1100. I'm glad they fixed this problem. I want nothing more than to share information with other users so they can get the best experience. Ignoring the fact that an issue did exist is not helping anybody.

Have a good day,

Joey

Last edited by joey_corleoni; 08-24-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:29 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_corleone View Post
Listen dude, I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer. The information is in the thread on the D1100 USB issues. I'm not sure what you are not grasping. When one can reproduce the exact same problem on Windows, MacOS and Linux using a variety of different pieces of software including Roon, Runeaudio, Mood, Quicktime, VOX,Windows Media Player, JRiver with specific settings, and others, it's clear that it is not a problem with Roon. McIntosh engineers and support reported back to me that they had similar mixed results.

Additionally, f/w 1.03 was released specifically to address this issue. Take a look at it - 1.03 introduces a featured called USB automute, which allows you to disable or enable that feature. That is the only difference from 1.02.

I'm not sure why you refuse to either read what I've posted or believe it, but I have empirical evidence showing (on video) that this issue occurred with (as I've said) many many difference pieces of software. It was not isolated to Roon. I like my D1100. I'm glad they fixed this problem. I want nothing more than to share information with other users so they can get the best experience. Ignoring the fact that an issue did exist is not helping anybody.

Have a good day,

Joey

I'm not arguing. I haven't had any problems with my D1100 running Windows 10, MacBook and JRiver. At Computer Audiophile the complaints were about Roon. That's it. When I bought my D1100 the dealer installed every update available before I took it home and it's performed without a hitch. That's it.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_corleone View Post

3) The issue was largely resolved with f/w revision 1.03 after I personally worked directly with McIntosh support and engineering to get that fix pushed

This was not an issue with 1 software player. JR will work yes, but that is because it has some unique settings that allow the underlying issue with the firmware to be masked.

Joey

I am still running original firmware .... too much of a pain to take out of my system at the moment.

I suppose the firmware update is only for USB. I ‘fixed’ or ‘masked’ the unmuting issue via a setting in the Aurender conductor app ..... probably similar to the appropriate JRiver setting, my Aurender is hooked up via usb, coax, and aes.

The unmute issue, of course, persists when I use my MCT450 via the MCT din cable, which is a drag, but I can live with it. I suppose it would also be there if I used one of the alternative digital connections between the MCT450 and D1100.

Maybe a future update will address the MCT connection too.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 08-24-2018, 09:05 PM

I know someone who added a Naim Uniti as a streamer for his MA5200 and has been nothing but ecstatic about it.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:34 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I am still running original firmware .... too much of a pain to take out of my system at the moment.

I suppose the firmware update is only for USB. I ‘fixed’ or ‘masked’ the unmuting issue via a setting in the Aurender conductor app ..... probably similar to the appropriate JRiver setting, my Aurender is hooked up via usb, coax, and aes.

The unmute issue, of course, persists when I use my MCT450 via the MCT din cable, which is a drag, but I can live with it. I suppose it would also be there if I used one of the alternative digital connections between the MCT450 and D1100.

Maybe a future update will address the MCT connection too.
I haven't had any problems with my MCT450 via Din. But then again I got all the software updates at the dealer.

Last edited by JBT; 08-24-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:56 AM

Since we are throwing all kinds of DAC options out there, if you aren't doing the latest high Rez, why not an MDA1000.
McIntosh C48 McIntosh MC1201's McIntosh MC275 MonoBlocked X4 McIntosh MC250 X2 McIntosh MC7104 Classic Bob Crites Cornscala DBX Venu360 Technics SL-1200MK2PK Klipsch KP-600s Concert system Schiit Yggdrasil Klipsch Cinema KPT-684's modified Custom PC music player