AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Clearaudio

Clearaudio Loving Music

Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
FYI....The Performance SEP with the AC motor is changing, they are working on a DC motor, similar type that's found in other CA models, should be available shortly, maybe a month or so....
At greater cost or instead of what they have now?

I was thinking about adding the Smart Synchro later. How does that change? I should get a chance to talk to the rep on the 8th.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
At greater cost or instead of what they have now?

I was thinking about adding the Smart Synchro later. How does that change? I should get a chance to talk to the rep on the 8th.
There has been no mention of price increase just the motor change.....I find the DC motor better than the AC motor with Syncro.....
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
There has been no mention of price increase just the motor change.....I find the DC motor better than the AC motor with Syncro.....
I'll ask the rep about it when I see him on the 8th. I have buy-in from the wife to get the Performance SEP, but I need to raise more funds to make it happen. It will bring my vinyl front end up to par with my digital one (price wise), which makes sense since I really prefer vinyl. I'm looking forward to this. And it looks really cool too.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I'll ask the rep about it when I see him on the 8th. I have buy-in from the wife to get the Performance SEP, but I need to raise more funds to make it happen. It will bring my vinyl front end up to par with my digital one (price wise), which makes sense since I really prefer vinyl. I'm looking forward to this. And it looks really cool too.
I'm at the US distributors a few times per week so I will ask Garth and post the info.....I will also see if they can pin point a date as when the DC motor version will become available......
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
I'm at the US distributors a few times per week so I will ask Garth and post the info.....I will also see if they can pin point a date as when the DC motor version will become available......
Thanks. I appreciate that. Ask them if they have tried the Maestro Wood with the Simaudio Moon 110LP phono preamp. That's what i have and don't plan to upgrade it for a long while. I think it should be a good match.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM

Dean i used to own a Concept with a Maestro Wood and it was a great combo.Solid build quality and a full body sound when compared with the stock MC that can come with the concept.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maestro.jpg (35.5 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM

No problem....I think it would be a slim chance they have tried the Maestro with the Moon but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work....pretty straight forward set up from the cartridge to the phono stage spec wise, maybe more so than your current
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
No problem....I think it would be a slim chance they have tried the Maestro with the Moon but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work....pretty straight forward set up from the cartridge to the phono stage spec wise, maybe more so than your current
The Wood has a bit more output (3.6mV) than the Dv 20x2H (2.8 mV) I have now. When I auditioned the Moon originally I A/B's it to the Dynavector P75 Mk I and it was significantly better. I think it should match up very well with the Wood.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Dean i used to own a Concept with a Maestro Wood and it was a great combo.Solid build quality and a full body sound when compared with the stock MC that can come with the concept.
I auditioned a Concept with the Concept MC. While it sounded great, it had a bit more noise and I believe that was because my Moon is good, but not great with a low output MC. I'd rather put my money into an upgraded turntable at the moment than upgrade the phono stage too and settle for a lesser table as a result. I may upgrade the phono stage next year. Thus, my interest in the wood.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
The Wood has a bit more output (3.6mV) than the Dv 20x2H (2.8 mV) I have now. When I auditioned the Moon originally I A/B's it to the Dynavector P75 Mk I and it was significantly better. I think it should match up very well with the Wood.
Agree.....The Performance and Maestro is a nice set up, more so than the Concept with the Maestro.