AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > B&W Speakers

B&W Speakers Bowers & Wilkins Greatest

Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
Frank, I honestly believe that if you're getting the Marantz AV8801, you are going to LOVE it!

Ask owners of this superb pre/pro here, and check Kal Rubinson's review, if available yet on line (Stereophile). ...Or if Kal is reading this right now, he'll certainly give you a pointer or two. .
Music in the Round #59 | Stereophile.com

P.S.: I decided to buy it for myself.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 PM

-- Here ya go!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Guys...I can't wait until July.
I can't wait to get the 8801 into my system and hear and see what a first class act is all about!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 PM

-- Just buy it now then.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Bob
I would love too. I am putting this off until July b/c my better half and I reached a compromise.
New vehicle first.
Toys second.
My wife knows me pretty well and I have already expressed to her my intentions of the equipment I want purchase. She has seen thru the course of our 40+ years of marriage many receivers,speakers, and sub-woofers move in and out of this house. She has since 2001 relinquished a good part of our basement/garage to "IMAGINE HOME THEATER".
I have been saving for this processor for two years.
It started with Outlaw making an announcement that they were going to put out a new processor that would surpass their 990 model. Everyone onboard with their products and who has dealt with Outlaw in both business and in customer service will tell you they go above and beyond with satisfying their customers.
In the course of the two years Outlaw had production production problems with their 978 model and had to suspend further implementation of its newborn.
Everyone was disappointed.
Outlaw has a relationship with Marantz and substituted one of their processors the AV7005 for $1199.00 and the SR 5007 for $849.00 both with full factory warranties. Both units sold well. I myself held back and decided I wanted something more in a processor regardless if I had to spend more than I was originally when the announcement of the 978 was made.
The 978 was was being partly in China. Sadly isn't everything? The 978 was intended to have Audyssey XT32. The company in China helping to manufacture this 978 announced to Outlaw that the delays were in-part due to them said company building parts for a competitor. Hence the demise of the 978.

Sorry I went on.
Since this time I have save a nice amount but I want to do everything at the same time for my own reasons. I think that I have read to many reviews and have listened to many opinions and therefore had to much information to make a decision.
I did read "Kal's" review on the 8801 before I join Audio Aficionado and thought that I was getting closer to making a decision. I finally have made one and do intend to purchase the 8801 and making a post saying I pulled the trigger on this beast of a processor.

Bob...are you a BIG Lord of the Rings fan? My friend and I at least once a year review the trilogy and discuss how creative Peter Jackson is and the mind of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Thanks