AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguru View Post
Thanks all for your responses. This helps a lot.

Buddy - my room is not huge (about 20x30 ft), and based on my intended setup, I don't think I have the need for the adjustability. So that's why I figure the Yvette falls into the sweet spot for what I need.

There is also just something about the lines and aesthetics of the Yvette that I find so captivating. They are beautiful to look at it.

I'm also glad to hear the Yvette will pair well with the mac 601s.

My understanding is that the Yvette also uses a soft dome tweeter. Is it the same tweeter that's found in the Sabrina? Wondering how the high end of the Yvette compares with Sabrina?
Definitely plenty of space to make the Yvette sound awesome!

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments
Old 08-18-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
Definitely plenty of space to make the Yvette sound awesome!
agreed, 20 x 30 is a large room for sure !
Old 08-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Thanks all for your responses. This helps a lot.

Buddy - my room is not huge (about 20x30 ft), and based on my intended setup, I don't think I have the need for the adjustability. So that's why I figure the Yvette falls into the sweet spot for what I need.

There is also just something about the lines and aesthetics of the Yvette that I find so captivating. They are beautiful to look at it.

I'm also glad to hear the Yvette will pair well with the mac 601s.

My understanding is that the Yvette also uses a soft dome tweeter. Is it the same tweeter that's found in the Sabrina? Wondering how the high end of the Yvette compares with Sabrina?
Unless there are some unusual characteristics, your room is large enough to accommodate any of the Wilson loudspeakers including the WAMM.

Adjustability allows the speaker to perform at a higher level. All one needs to do to demonstrate this is to properly set up a Sasha 2 in a room and then move the adjustment of one (or both) speakers one step (1/8"). The loss in performance is immediate and obvious. That said, the shape of Yvette is designed to get her closer to the performance of time adjustable Wilsons than her predecessor, Sophia 3, and the smaller Sabrina.

I certainly understand your love of Yvette's lines. I have her in my very small 11-1/2 x 13 room. MC601s can certainly drive not only Yvette, but any Wilson Loudspeaker.

The version of the Convergent Synergy Tweeter found in Yvette is not the same as in Sabrina. There are five iterations designed based on their application. The tweeter in Yvette is the same as Sasha 2 and Alexx.

Hope this helps. You're going to love Yvette!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:35 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Andrew,

I would add that the Sasha II is a bigger speaker with more, but different bass capability. I still absolutely prefer them to my Sasha I.

At my dealers recommendation, I've always had prior Wilsons in dark, custom colors. When we moved to Florida I decided a light shade was appropriate in our home here. And, the good news is Desert Silver is a standard color. They are the most beautiful speakers I've ever owned. Admire them every time I walk through the room. 20x30x12 BTW. The Desert Silver picks up color from it's surroundings and is prettier than I can photo. Enjoy.
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer
Old 08-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Andrew,

I would add that the Sasha II is a bigger speaker with more, but different bass capability. I still absolutely prefer them to my Sasha I.

At my dealers recommendation, I've always had prior Wilsons in dark, custom colors. When we moved to Florida I decided a light shade was appropriate in our home here. And, the good news is Desert Silver is a standard color. They are the most beautiful speakers I've ever owned. Admire them every time I walk through the room. 20x30x12 BTW. The Desert Silver picks up color from it's surroundings and is prettier than I can photo. Enjoy.
Thanks Coppy - I think I'm leaning towards ordering Desert Silver too!
Old 08-22-2017, 04:43 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Andrew... Google Yvette and see all the pix of Desert Silver speakers on the net...
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer
Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 AM

I got my Yvette's in Azzuro California if you want a color with some flare.

My alidas are desert silver though so I loved that color too
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM

Some exciting news...I just confirmed the order for a brand new pair of Desert Silver Yvettes! According to my dealer should be 4-5 weeks until delivery! I'm a bit nervous as I am ordering these sight unseen. Oh well...
Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Some exciting news...I just confirmed the order for a brand new pair of Desert Silver Yvettes! According to my dealer should be 4-5 weeks until delivery! I'm a bit nervous as I am ordering these sight unseen. Oh well...
Congrats! You mean you've never heard them?
Old 08-24-2017, 06:06 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Andrew... a big congratulations. You are going to love those speakers. When you open the crates and pull the frisk, you will be stunned at how pretty they are. And now the wait. Chances are they will be to you a bit early.