AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 06-21-2017, 03:48 PM

i used to poopoo these decks as gussied up clearaudio tables, but now i kinda want one.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Alien Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
i used to poopoo these decks as gussied up clearaudio tables, but now i kinda want one.
hmm, perhaps you smelllikepoop because you poopoo'd the McIntosh decks

Otherwise I can agree with you - sometimes it's worth it to pay a little extra for the preferred artistic merit.

Lossless > D100 / Yami YP 450 tt > MA7000 > KEF RDM3 / SVS SB2000 / Too much music, not enough time.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyorew View Post
Wow that looks like a component that sells for more than $2500. I wonder how quality and sound will be compared to other tables in the $2000-$3000 segment.

I agree. If the $2500 price point is correct, I guarantee the Clearaudio Talismann shown in the YouTube pics above will not be included. That cartridge costs $1750 if purchased separately. Besides, the MT10 comes will an "upscale" Talismann and the $6500 (IIRC) MT5 comes with the lowly Sumiko Blue point No.2 which retails for $450. Something doesn't add up. No way the cheapest turntable in the stable comes with a Talismann. Unless it's not the cheapest .......

I agree with the gallery, the MT2 is a gorgeous turntable. If McIntosh would re-do the design on the MT10, it too would sell much better.

I miss my MT10. It was a great turntable, matched with the C500 and MC501s.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 06-22-2017, 04:04 AM

The new photos are great. It's locked in for my Christmas [emoji320]!
Trevor's Home Theatre: McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC601, McIntosh MC207, McIntosh MLD7020, OPPO BDP95, JVC DLA950, Stewert Screen Studio Tek 130G3, B&W 802D2, B&W HTM2D2, B&W DS8, Klipsch KL 525, Velodyne DD15, WireWorld & IsoTek Cables

Old 08-17-2017, 12:05 AM

any news?
Old 08-17-2017, 01:12 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
They were and in some cases better. I was an early adopter of the MT10 and took a lot of flak on AA for ownership. Some couldn't get past the faceplace, It came with a mimeographed copy of the manual -- yep, xerox'd.

Out of the box, stored the stock so called Talisman cartridge and installed a CA Stradivari. Called a few times to Erlangen, Germany and spoke to Martin who clued me into the specifics of the MT10 which was based in part on their Anniversary table at the time, but tweaked moreso IIRC.

Had a friend who owned a plastics factory in Ohio who made a one-of-a-kind duct cover (it's on AA somewhere) with his CNC machine. Later sold it to the late Frank Gow at AC.

I loved that table --

Best Sirs,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution:Ansuz Mainz D3 Distributor & Ansuz Mainz C2 1M Power Cable
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:2M Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts. (on Order)
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110-ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
They were and in some cases better. I was an early adopter of the MT10 and took a lot of flak on AA for ownership. Some couldn't get past the faceplace, It came with a mimeographed copy of the manual -- yep, xerox'd.

Out of the box, stored the stock so called Talisman cartridge and installed a CA Stradivari. Called a few times to Erlangen, Germany and spoke to Martin who clued me into the specifics of the MT10 which was based in part on their Anniversary table at the time, but tweaked moreso IIRC.

Had a friend who owned a plastics factory in Ohio who made a one-of-a-kind duct cover (it's on AA somewhere) with his CNC machine. Later sold it to the late Frank Gow at AC.

I loved that table --

Best Sirs,

Bob

I really liked my MT10 too and I was using the stock cart. I imagine the Stradivari really had your MT10 singing. As more time passes, I could see myself buying another MT10 and the CA Stradivari. Actually, its inevitable. My only concern is it's getting long in the tooth and I would hate to purchase a new MT10 only to have a new MT11 announced shortly thereafter sans meter.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I really liked my MT10 too and I was using the stock cart. I imagine the Stradivari really had your MT10 singing. As more time passes, I could see myself buying another MT10 and the CA Stradivari. Actually, its inevitable. My only concern is it's getting long in the tooth and I would hate to purchase a new MT10 only to have a new MT11 announced shortly thereafter sans meter.
Call CA in Germany. More likely to get a sliver more info out of them than NY HQ.

Best Sir,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution:Ansuz Mainz D3 Distributor & Ansuz Mainz C2 1M Power Cable
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:2M Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts. (on Order)
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110-ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:20 PM

Anyone know when the MT2 might be released? Not on Mcintosh's website yet.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post

I loved that table --

Best Sirs,

Bob
Hey Bob - I recently acquired a brand new MT10. I am also in the camp of loving the looks of this piece! I'm using the stock Mac cartridge, but wondering about your experiences with the CA Stradivari. The stock Mac cartridge to my ears is very nice...quiet backgrounds but with a definitely more neutral sound. I kind of miss the more weighted dynamics of the Sumiko Blue Point that was on my old MT5!