AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 08-23-2015, 02:33 PM

Hi Folks,

Sneak peak of a review on the Bryston A2 speaker in the upcoming issue of French Magazine Son & Image:

Conclusion

A tour de force at this price because these Bryston A2’s play audio, so well, comparable to speakers at double or almost triple their prices.

Amazing!

The multiple driver setup, besides giving a great look to A2, produce an amazing quality sound. Being able to play at a realistic volume with ease and without distortion the A2 depends in part on this design of the six drivers per speaker and also the quality and rigorous design and manufacturing techniques..

If I were at the point of purchasing new speakers, the Bryston A2 model would be at the top of my list! At the price of $ 2,790 a pair the quality / price of the model Bryston A2 speaker is somewhat remarkable.

In addition, they are designed and manufactured here in Canada, and all accompanied by the Bryston famous 20-year warranty.

A MUST listen without hesitation.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 08-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:27 AM

Hello Mr. Tanner,

Just letting you know that the longer I've had my Mini-Ts (almost 2 months now), I keep enjoying them more and more. Usually the excitement of a new purchase gradually wears off. In this case the Mini-Ts keep on making music sound great,
day after day.

The thrill isn't wearing off.

Sincerely,
Ron
Sudbury, Ontario

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 08-24-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:49 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Dealer Feedback

August, 2015

Hey James,

Well I finally got to un-boxing the A2's.

These are some “seriously” good speakers at their price point!

From the first 30 seconds with these guys, I could tell right away that they are a crazy great speaker at their price level. They simply retain soooo much of the qualities of the bigger, and much more expensive, Model T's. The lack of dynamic compression, which is typical for a speaker at this price point, just makes the A2's a blast to listen to.

A have a list of about 20 songs that I use to evaluate all my speakers. Besides the usual "sitting in the sweet spot" and critically listening, I also play this list (thanks to a BDP-2) while I am working in my office, just down a little hall.

I know a speaker is a good one when I am forced to stop whatever paper/computer work I am doing and walk into the demo room to hear that I was hearing in the office. With the A2's, I did that with every damn song on my playlist.

Well done!

Paul V Kraft
President
Engaged Audio Video
Old 09-01-2015, 02:28 PM

Hi Folks,

Got the PDF today on the review in Son & Image Magazine - English translation - will post link soon.

james
Old 09-01-2015, 06:25 PM

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2...eviews_Son.pdf
Old 09-03-2015, 10:00 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker Customer Feedback

August 2015

Hello James,

Just a note to let you know I purchased a pair of Bryston A2 loudspeakers recently.

The A2's are fabulous !

And certainly no need for a subwoofer!! I've attached a couple of pictures.

I bought the Bryston A2's from Hi-Fi Centre in Vancouver. They were their demo models.

I had the (edit) speakers before. The A2s are miles better!

Cheers,
David
Old 09-08-2015, 04:11 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Signature Speakers

September 2015

Hi James;

I can’t believe it’s been almost two years since I got my Model T Signatures, as they continue to impress me every time I listen to them.

Everything I said before still holds true with the added observation that they sound so real, they definitely give me the “you are there ” feeling. I constantly find myself exclaiming, “Man, that sounds like live music!!!.”

An excellent example of this is Snarky Puppy – you may not be familiar with their music, but they are a large jazz group who record live in the studio with no overdubs before a small audience. Fantastic arrangements and the T’s bring all the dynamics of their recordings to life. You can check out their videos on Youtube.

A while back I inquired about outriggers for the external passive crossovers on the T’s and you said there were no plans for anything like this. I wanted to mechanically isolate the crossovers the same way the T’s were, so I tapped four holes in the bases of the crossover cases and threaded in the feet that came with the T’s. I’ve attached a picture of this. I think it looks pretty good and matches nicely with the outrigger feet.

The BDP-1 Digital Player that I got back in Aug. 2011 is a fantastic piece and I’ve been very happy with it. When the BDP-2 came out, the word was that it didn’t offer any difference in sound quality over the BDP-1, so I didn’t feel the need to upgrade. However, now that you’ve added a new Bryston-designed soundcard to the BDP-2, I think it’s time to consider an upgrade. Not only the new soundcard, but I’d like to try the internal SSD capability of the BDP-2 as well.

Thanks, Dan
Old 09-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Fyi...Mini T Tone review now on web!

Bryston Mini T Loudspeaker – Reviews | TONEAudio MAGAZINE

Andre Marc
Old 09-10-2015, 01:15 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speaker –Customer Feedback

September, 2015

Hi James

I purchased a pair of Bryston Mini T speakers ... they are just spectacular!

I got them at Audio Video therapy in Nashua, NH.

I had a vintage pair of Yamaha NS 1000's that were still really awesome speakers but the newer technology is so much better. I just about purchased the Middle T's but couldn't work a tower into my Living Room and Entertainment center. I actually have them in open cabinet bays and it doesn't seem to affect the quality of the sound as I have a pretty bright room.

These speakers are really clear and clean sounding with great bass. It sounds like a live performance. On vocals, they are amazing and the imaging is better than any of the other speakers I listened to including B&W. I don’t blast them as my room will create some sound distortion if too loud but they can rock with really sharp bass if driven. I just prefer the sound at the point where it has volume but is not rattling the walls. This is where these speakers are the best say with Diana Krall.

Like every speaker, the better the input, the better they sound so HD audio is over the top.

Thanks again
Tom Bacon
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speaker German Review

September, 2015

Hi James,

Pleas see the attached PDF ... a review in the German Hi-Fi Magazine – Stereoplay.

Quotes in English:

1. Conclusion - “Choosing a Bryston Mini T speaker gets you an exceptionally dynamic and precise speaker Monitor.”

Also on the right side bellow measurements and valuation it is stated:

2. “Ultimate monitor speaker with the high precision, resolution and superior dynamics. Plays sparkling clean with full & deep bass fundament.”

We are extremely happy with the review and the fact that it appeared in one of the most influential German HiFi magazines.

Best regards,
Edvard

PDF in German available - jamestanner@bryston.com

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 09-11-2015 at 12:28 PM.