AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Still digging your Corns?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 PM

I've already posted this on another forum. So, if you've already seen it, I apologize. I'm just trying to get more opinions before possibly making a drastic move with my system that wouldn't be easily reversed money wise.

My system is what many would consider a dream system consisting of Wilson Sasha speakers driven by big McIntosh mono blocks and a pair of REL subs. The front end components are also considered top of the line.

Recently, I purchased a pair of Heresy IIIs for a second system in another smaller room. The Heresy's are being driven by Quicksilver V4 amps. To put it mildly, I am amazed at how good this setup sounds and how much I enjoy listening to music on this system. The Heresy's obviously do not have the bass impact and refinement of the "big system", but music just sounds so real and present in this room. The majority of my listening is to classic rock and jazz.

So, my question for this thread. Has anyone heard or has anyone actually sold their big buck components and switched to Klipsch Heritage speakers, Cornwalls, and lived happily ever after? Yes, I know Cornwalls aren't exactly cheap, but compared to what they'd be replacing, I could probably sell the Wilson's, the 500 watt Mac amps and REL subs and buy the Cornwalls and have a lot left over.
Judging from the sound I'm getting from the Heresy's, I imagine the Cornwalls would be amazing.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdbc View Post

...but music just sounds so real and present in this room...
That is because horns are much more efficient with less distortion resulting in greater clarity, faster transient response, and more dynamics.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Retired

Can't imagine that the Cornwall IIIs or Forte IIIs won't be superior to the Hersey IIIs. Would like to hear the recently redesigned mid-range on both.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-08-2018, 08:46 PM
McKlipschead

For Rock music you could also take a look at the new Klipsch RF-7III speakers.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:57 PM

Klipsch RF-7III speakers are nice
Old 05-07-2018, 10:02 PM

I love my RF7-III's and I listen to mostly rock music. No subs needed either, I have had them for about two months and the bass is really opening up on them. I demo'd them at a shop in Toledo (not sure where you are at). They can play them on just about any high end gear they have in stock.

-Geoff
Old 10-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Just ordered a set of Cornwall III 's I went in to listen to the Golden Ear Reference with the expectation of buying them. I noticed the dealer I was at just started carrying the Klipsch Heritage Line only. I remember them being harsh and not imaging well years ago when I listened to a pair ( forget the model)
I was blown away when I heard the Cornwalls they were smooth not harsh and punchy, just not at all what I remembered about the Klipsch sound. The 2 salesman and I had the best hour listening and having fun, they were both not looking forward to carrying the Klipsch line but were pleasantly surprised by the Heritage line and saved myself 4K. Looking forward to getting them set up in my room at the end of the week.

Last edited by repman; 10-23-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:32 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by repman View Post
Just ordered a set of Cornwall III 's I went in to listen to the Golden Ear Reference with the expectation of buying them. I noticed the dealer I was at just started carrying the Klipsch Heritage Line only. I remember them being harsh and not imaging well years ago when I listened to a pair ( forget the model)
I was blown away when I heard the Cornwalls they were smooth not harsh and punchy, just not at all what I remembered about the Klipsch sound. The 2 salesman and I had the best hour listening and having fun, they were both not looking forward to carrying the Klipsch line but were pleasantly surprised by the Heritage line and saved myself 4K. Looking forward to getting them set up in my room at the end of the week.
Funny, I'm actually considering the exact same thing!...GE Ref's vs. Klipsch CWIII.
I've owned CWIII's and GE Triton 1's in the past. Both speakers were great. I'm leaning towards the CWIII's. To your point, I'm not sure the $4,000 difference is worth it. You can add a nice sub with the Corns and still pocket $2,000.
Congrats on your purchase.....enjoy!
Old 10-29-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
Funny, I'm actually considering the exact same thing!...GE Ref's vs. Klipsch CWIII.
I've owned CWIII's and GE Triton 1's in the past. Both speakers were great. I'm leaning towards the CWIII's. To your point, I'm not sure the $4,000 difference is worth it. You can add a nice sub with the Corns and still pocket $2,000.
Congrats on your purchase.....enjoy!

Thanks , been listening all weekend they sound great in my room. I have been using SS pre and amp. I think I will break out the Conrad Johnson pre and amp and see how they sound with tubes.