AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 12-17-2020, 05:26 PM

Since my Nordost QKore6 is out of free input connections I bought a QKore3 as well.

Some more Nordost Ground wires makes the system aligned.

I use the QKore3 just for my poweramps. QKore6 handles the front end.

I don't really think this will do big deal for my sound, but Nordost sugests to put Qkore units on SortKone. Since I have some spare SortKones I use them under the QKore6. QKore3 has to be placed on a shelf thats far to low for SortKones underneath. I don't have motivation to deal with that now since I also think this is a very very remote part of the sound.
So SortKones may rest for a while, but the don't mind some moonlighting as photo model.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Charles... not exactly, I just learned today about something rather profound made exclusively for the Wilson XVX. It also won’t break the bank.

I should have a Green Light to discuss it anytime now...
Ivan, thanks for the info.

Best

Charles
Old 12-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Carl I look forward to both seeing and hearing of your impressions. Beautiful photography.

Best

Charles
Old 12-22-2020, 01:28 PM

Thank you Charles.

How does my extra QKore box (QKore3) works in my system? QKore6 to the front end and the new QKore3 helps my power amps.
QKore does not change anything in the frequency respons or pronounce anything special.
The QKore products does not change anything in what your system already performes. And this extra QKore3 is no exception. It helps the system to do more from top to bottom evenly spread.
What happens is that the presentation of the music and it's parts are more pure and clear, musics feels more right an beautiful. It does not change the character of the system just lift it up to a higher level in a very addictive way.
When I think about it, the only singel part of the music that can be said to evolve more than others is microdynamics. It feels like microdynamics transients are faster and with more clear edges.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:32 PM

I'v got interested i MinusK. It's an extraordinary product in our hobby. I'v got the opportunity to try one. It should work well under many products but the turntable is the obvious unit since it's very sensitive to vibrations.

Just reading about MinusK makes me quite certen this is a good product. This particular model is a bit to weak for my Brinkmann Balance so I cant use every part. I had to use it without the very important heavy stona, Nero Assoluto.

The crank is to adjust the hight when the load differs. Works well as long as you are inside of the load specifications.

You have to balance the turntable as good as you can for best performance.

The MinusK top shelf is 6 mm Aluminium. Though MinusK is excellent in blocking almost all incoming vibrations the top shelf is not god at dampen the vibrations from the turntable.
My motor is resonating the shelf and you can hear it from the speakers as a soft tune when the stylus is in quiet parts of the record.
MinusK has not thought of vibrations from anything on top of it, just whats coming from outside of the unit.
I have nether heard this resonance and tune before and when I change back to my original setting it's gone, as it is if I turn the platter without the motor running or lift the motor, just 1mm) from the shelf. Otherewise it's works well.
Brinkmann Balance must have the stone underneath.When it has, I think MunisK will be perfect. I'll get back to that later.

It would be nice if MinusK could make the top shelf without resonances.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I'v got interested i MinusK. It's an extraordinary product in our hobby. I'v got the opportunity to try one. It should work well under many products but the turntable is the obvious unit since it's very sensitive to vibrations.

Just reading about MinusK makes me quite certen this is a good product. This particular model is a bit to weak for my Brinkmann Balance so I cant use every part. I had to use it without the very important heavy stona, Nero Assoluto.

The crank is to adjust the hight when the load differs. Works well as long as you are inside of the load specifications.

You have to balance the turntable as good as you can for best performance.

The MinusK top shelf is 6 mm Aluminium. Though MinusK is excellent in blocking almost all incoming vibrations the top shelf is not god at dampen the vibrations from the turntable.
My motor is resonating the shelf and you can hear it from the speakers as a soft tune when the stylus is in quiet parts of the record.
MinusK has not thought of vibrations from anything on top of it, just whats coming from outside of the unit.
I have nether heard this resonance and tune before and when I change back to my original setting it's gone, as it is if I turn the platter without the motor running or lift the motor, just 1mm) from the shelf. Otherewise it's works well.
Brinkmann Balance must have the stone underneath.When it has, I think MunisK will be perfect. I'll get back to that later.

It would be nice if MinusK could make the top shelf without resonances.
Carl, that's really surprising. Just goes to show you how complex vinyl is. When you use something like Wilson Pedestals they totally dampen all vibration but themselves have no significant resonance frequency. If the turntable motor is resonating with the MinusK the vibration will be very difficultif not impossible to eliminate, IMO.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Carl, that's really surprising. - If the turntable motor is resonating with the MinusK the vibration will be very difficult if not impossible to eliminate, IMO.
Yeah, surprising in a way, but I think it has to do with that Brinkmann Balance has to be placed on the stone that I can't use on this MinusK due to this particular once specifications Balance is made for that stone to work well. This is probably the reasons to what I discovered with the soft whistleling tone.

I think it is possible to change that resonance frequency. Different materials in contact with each other can be quite good at damping vibrations and different mass change resonance frequencies. So what I expect is that if I use two stones of Nero Assoluto with different weight and different dimensions it would take care of this problem... I hope.

I think I will e-mail MinusK to se what they think about it.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Yeah, surprising in a way, but I think it has to do with that Brinkmann Balance has to be placed on the stone that I can't use on this MinusK due to this particular once specifications Balance is made for that stone to work well. This is probably the reasons to what I discovered with the soft whistleling tone.

I think it is possible to change that resonance frequency. Different materials in contact with each other can be quite good at damping vibrations and different mass change resonance frequencies. So what I expect is that if I use two stones of Nero Assoluto with different weight and different dimensions it would take care of this problem... I hope.

I think I will e-mail MinusK to se what they think about it.
Carl, I think the problem lies in the fact that the MinusK is not designed for gear that moves continuously like a motor that produces a vibration. I think you should give up and sell it. You simply can't know how successful the fix will be. It creates a problem that is worse than if it weren't in the system. What is so surprising is that a turntable motor that is inherently very quiet can interact with the MinusK to cause an audible problem. Actually you are very fortunate that the problem is quite audible, so now you absolutely know the problem and can cut your losses. This gear is clearly meant for a microscope, etc. I wouldn't place a CD player on it either. No way. I'm very sorry this has happened but you are very fortunate the problem is so obvious.

Best

Charles
Old 12-25-2020, 12:50 PM

Sounds like a challenge for all the fancy isolation products to isolate the motor from the shelf now.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Carl, I think the problem lies in the fact that the MinusK is not designed for gear that moves continuously like a motor that produces a vibration. I think you should give up and sell it.

Best

Charles
You are right Charles. Your arguments are good.
But, I don't give up that easy. There are a lot of very clever things about MinusK. The fact that the did not developed the shelf for moving or rotating objekts has got some different ways to be solved. I'm finding it interesting and with a great potential.