View Poll Results: Greg’s E-800 Love it or List it thread
Greg will Love his new Accuphase E-800 and keep it. 30 48.39%
Greg will List his new Accuphase E-800 and sell it. 32 51.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
"Synergy between all components in the system are the keys."

You cannot expect to make the most out of a new amp, if all other components are not at the same or even a higher level than the amp.

The weakest link in a system determines the final result.

Martin
That was not the case for me. All my components are at the level that any amp would be compatible with. What made my mind up was comparing my Luxman 900 combo with the E-800 real time. The Luxman took my entire rig to different and better level. It wasn’t even close.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
That was not the case for me. All my components are at the level that any amp would be compatible with. What made my mind up was comparing my Luxman 900 combo with the E-800 real time. The Luxman took my entire rig to different and better level. It wasn’t even close.
Well, that is your subjective view, be it.

Martin
Old 07-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post

Luxman sure does present the listener with a very attractive, seductive and mesmerizing sound. I still cherish very dearly the years i spent with my DA-06, C600-F and M600 Luxman combo. Exceptional sounding gear. If i were in the market today, I would welcome the Luxman 900 series without the slightest hesitation. Enjoy your Luxman!
Melco N1ZH60/2 ---> EtherRegen ---> Bricasti M1 SE DAC ---> ASR Emitter II Exclusive Version Blue w/Battery PSU ---> Eggleston Andra III speakers rolling on Stillpoints Ultra 5's ----> Dual Rythmik E15 Subs ---> all tied together Via MIT MA-X RCA IC and MIT Matrix SHD120 Rev.2 Bi-Wire speaker cables.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:38 AM

Our dealer from my country brings both, Luxman and Accuphase.
I have always preferred Accuphase. Luxman is very good and close to Accuphase, too.
To compare a integrated amplifier with power amplifier + preamplifier isn't very good idea.
If you have big room and big speakers, powerfull amplifiers are always the winners.
Here you can serch from german magazines stereo and audio.
https://www.excelia-hifi.cz/top-1000.html
They always compared integrated amplifiers vs. integrated amplifiers, power amplifiers + preamplifiers vs. power amplifiers + preamplifiers, booksheelfs vs booksheelf, floorstand vs. floorstand and so on.
This is the right comparations to do.

To conclude I would compared Accuphase E-800 with others class A solid states integrated amplifiers (Pass Labs, Luxman, Vitus Audio, etc.).

In my opinion Accuphase E-800 is one of the best class A solid state integrated amplifier on the market.

If you have big room and big or difficut speakers or you listen very loud you shoudn't go with class A. For that is better class AB or D.

Enjoy your systems!