AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Stillpoints

Stillpoints Lower Your Noise Floor

Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

This is how I am using the Ultra SS with Base, and from my understanding it can work if flipped from what it sounds like you guys are saying but have no experience there.

I have had the best outcome with these used in a tri-support focusing placement directly under transformers, power supplies, transports and similar, cracking them from full tightness to a credit card width - I believe Ivan may of mentioned tuning these in this or an earlier string.

Great tweak, no burn in, instant results - 1000% worth it!

IMG_2258.JPG

Last edited by jdandy; 05-06-2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: enlarge photo
Old 04-21-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
No problem, let me know if you want a set; they are inexpensive and in stock.
I'll hit you up tomorrow, might be some other things I'm interested in as well.

Edit: FTLoM, yeah all the pics I found were in that configuration. I'm thinking about minis for my C2300 too. I was really impressed with the Stillpoints LPI weight, first time I've heard actual difference w/one of those devices so I'm convinced Stillpoints is the real deal and not a snake oil tweak.

Last edited by Maks; 04-21-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:30 PM

Hi everybody.
I read a lot of improvements but always from midbass to top end.
About bass it seems it clears it.
That means bass is less weighty?
Regards.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hi everybody.
I read a lot of improvements but always from midbass to top end.
About bass it seems it clears it.
That means bass is less weighty?
Regards.

In my limited experience with minis and Ultra SS, the clarity you gain ‘seems’ to bring less weight in the bass but it is extra clear bass. It has taken me a few months to get used to it and resist tweaking my crossover and sub controls. The low end I have is tight, fast and deep only if there is music down there. There is no mud and I attribute that to the Stillpoints.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM
From the BAT cave ...

My experience with Ultra 5's under the speakers was both weightier and more accurate bass.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Thanks for all the information on Stillpoints. I have read a lot on these and might soon take the plunge. Understanding one should start with amplification (my speakers are Klipsch Ls Scalas and as far as I can tell the general consensus is should not be raised) which Stillpoints product should I use on my McIntosh MC275? Would the minis work? Would three work? Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-E View Post
Thanks for all the information on Stillpoints. I have read a lot on these and might soon take the plunge. Understanding one should start with amplification (my speakers are Klipsch Ls Scalas and as far as I can tell the general consensus is should not be raised) which Stillpoints product should I use on my McIntosh MC275? Would the minis work? Would three work? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I had those speakers in the early 90’s painted black and yeah the foot print is big on those, so Ultra 5’s for sure.

Triangulate or place as a quad under your amps using Ultra SS, bases can be added later, if needed.

In the marketplace, there may be a set available.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:33 AM

I look forward to receive mine!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:49 AM

My Stillpoints arrived just the other day. I've installed 3 of them under my IsoTek Sigmas power conditioner. If I want to use 4 of them I have to order one more piece (my kit comprised of 3 footers). I've seen that in some places they say they have the "current version" of the Ultra SS... Are there more versions of it? If yes, how do you tell them apart? Thanks!

P.S. I'm asking this because I've ordered my set from Holland and I want to order the 4th piece from the local official importer.
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:36 PM

What a wonderful review by Dan.

I am thinking of trying these Ultra SS under my MC2301's as well. I used these under my speakers in my previous home. Now they are just collecting dust.

According to this review I need ¼-20 to 10-32 adapters? What length? I am assuming Stillpoints has these?