AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 AM

^^ Thats a great idea,cheers.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM

Hi,
Resistive load ? should be something with heating element. Motors are rather part inductive I guess. For refrigerator, I think most of the time there is no power draw, only
if the door is open for long that the compressor start a brief run. There is one thing that use IEC inlet and draw constant resistive current in " Keep Warm" mode, it's electric rice cooker, but i guess there is thermostat to cut power draw as well even in keep warm mode. How about the sleeping iMac ? I don't know how much it draw current when it is in sleep mode, but It draw current in very distorted waveform, however.
Toga
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 AM

You could us a Hagerman FryKleaner with an adaptor (even alligator clips) from the LS terminals. This is a great burner & I love using it.

I have also used a large electric fan with great success. I burned the Shunyata Hydra Cyclops' in using a fan.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
You could us a Hagerman FryKleaner with an adaptor (even alligator clips) from the LS terminals. This is a great burner & I love using it.

I have also used a large electric fan with great success. I burned the Shunyata Hydra Cyclops' in using a fan.

Steve, how long did it take to burn in your Cyclops with a fan?
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I burned my Cyclops in for 192 hours with a Bionaire fan/air ionizer, and it currently (pun? ) has an additional 126 hours of system time with a pair LAMM ML2.1 plugged into it. The sonic presentation is amazing at present.

Brian

Last edited by AMatters; 11-27-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 PM

Default Further input needed

Hello fellow audio aficionado's. I too will soon upgrade to a Triton and Zitron cables for my Classe 600Ms with 802s. Curious on your feedback as to what would be better, Python or Anaconda and why. Presently the 600s are on Anaconda CXs and my CP-800 is on a CX Python. That gear is going to drive my Moon system, 340i, Oppo 105, etc. your input is appreciated.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbills View Post
Hello fellow audio aficionado's. I too will soon upgrade to a Triton and Zitron cables for my Classe 600Ms with 802s. Curious on your feedback as to what would be better, Python or Anaconda and why. Presently the 600s are on Anaconda CXs and my CP-800 is on a CX Python. That gear is going to drive my Moon system, 340i, Oppo 105, etc. your input is appreciated.
I strongly recommend the Anaconda Zitrons for amps and the Triton. The Python Zitron is perfectly sufficient for all front end applications. I would dearly love to hear Anaconda Z's on those 600's....i'm sure it will be amaaaazing. The Anaconda Zitron brings the Triton to a completely different league. If I were to advise priority, it would be Triton first and then the 600's. If you have the budget for the entire kit and kaboodle, make sure to wear some diapers before you hit "play." LOL
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Stephen....I kept it going for 200 hours. (That was awhile ago, apologies I somehow missed replying to this thread).

Currently I am using one, the other Cyclops is offline until I decide what to do with my power cables. I need to buy some longer power connects. I am driving 2 of the MC2301s with Siltech Ruby Mountain II G7. I'm hoping to go all Siltech on the 2ch side, but it is spendy....

The rest of my power connects are custom Furutech FA-3TS20 chord, Furutech Flux Carbon/Rhodium plugs, TechFlex Flexo Conductive of varying lengths. Jeff from AV Solutions also makes up this cable specification.

Last edited by MyPal; 03-19-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:55 AM

In May 2000, Caelin Gabriel stated in his paper "Why Shorter is not Better" that he would not recommend a power cable length to be less than 1m.

Some of my custom power connect lengths are as short as 600mm. (23.6") Can anyone else suggest if shorter power connects are of any disadvantage?

I have interchanged shorter (600m) for longer (1200mm) of the same cable build specification from component into Shunyata Hydra Cyclops, similarly from component into Shunyata Hydra Talos & notice no sonic differences.

The Furutech FA-3TS20 cables in question are all braided with Techflex Flexo Conductive (carbonized Nylon monofilament yarn) which is designed to shield from EMI & RF.

I also use Slitech Ruby Mountain II from my MC2301s to the Shunyata boxes. I have tried the Shunyata Zitron power connects but ended up going for the Siltech.

Caelin states:

"A power cable on the other hand is not transmitting a signal. It is conducting A.C. power and its sonic superiority will be determined by its ability to deliver current (steady-state and instantaneous) and its ability to deal with the EMI effects of the components to which it is attached.

SInce a power cord is composed of a hot and neutral wire that the component sits between, a change in the length of the cord will increase the size of the "buffer" around the component. In the specific case of PowerSnakes - we use a proprietary substance within our cables that absorbs EMI. Increasing the length of the cable, increases the coupling effect to this substance, therefore increasing the performance of the cable.
---
In general, I would not recommend a power cord that is shorter than 3 feet or 1 meter in length. But subtle degrees of audio performance are not the only consideration when putting together an audio system. Esthetics are also important especially when the system is located in a beautiful home. I just point out the performance differences so that people can make an informed decision when determining the optimum length for their cables."
Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Well, since you do *not* use a Shunyata VX cable or similar it makes little difference if you shorten the PC's.

The Shunyata Zitron cables do not use the FeSi 2000 compound to my knowledge.