Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 02-28-2018, 06:37 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

Hello James,

Sorry, my English is not good.

Maybe I will not be able to correctly describe the differences between the previous speakers I have owned and the Bryston A2.

I've bought one pair of your Bryston A2 speakers.

I have owned the Audio Physic speakers - Tempo6, Classic 10, Sitara and more. Audio Physic excels in displaying 3D space and the most delicate detail, but not in such a sweet spot as the Bryston A2. Especially the upper tweeter frequencies which are exceptionally clear and focus without any sense of sibilance.

First I have to say that in fact the A2 speaker is much more beautiful than the pictures I have seen.

It's a great sound!.

What I most appreciate about the A2’s is the dynamics, the sweet spot and the ability to play any music (rock, pop, classic).

They practically have unlimited performance without compression.

I am very happy with my A2, AC1 Mini and A Mini in my surround setup. I also bought a second-hand SP2 AV processor. Thank you for working on these great products.

I hope we will spend a long time with BRYSTON speakers and I will buy other components in the near future (speaker cables SC4, power amps, outriggers for my A2’s.

Erik B.
Slovakia
Old 03-03-2018, 03:39 PM

SUBJECT: Our Norway Distributor – Congratulations!

March 2018

Hi Folks,

Bryston would like to formally offer our sincere congratulations to one of our Distributors.

T.A.A.IMPORT AS in Norway has now sold significant numbers of Bryston loudspeakers in their market area.

NORWAY
T.AA.IMPORT AS
Email: BOAHS@online.no

By my reckoning, using the new math, given the population of Norway and the number of speakers sold I would say 1 in 3 people living in Norway now own Bryston speakers.

Thank you folks and all those involved ... we truly appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

James Tanner
V/P Bryston Ltd.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:03 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

March, 2018

Hi James,

It’s been 2 months since my purchase of these Bryston Model T speakers, and I am very happy.
For my other system I am running a pair of rwo/fostex Ls4 active studio monitors and McCauley 18 inch subwoofers as seen in the picture.

For amplification I am running active 4 Bryston 7B’s lows and 2 Bryston 4B Cubed for the highs. It’s awesome sound!

I wanted a second pair of speakers I could not find anything I liked. I have had several high priced speakers come through my room and frankly they all left as nothing was satisfying me musically.

I have read so many positive reviews on the Bryston Model T that I figured I will give them a shot. I am running them with a single 4B Cube. I feel that's all they need, more than enough power for my setup.

Overall thoughts on the Bryston Model T’s: Perfectly balanced, great bass, smooth highs, awesome sound-staging. These are not going anywhere … definite keepers, and the walnut finish is stunning.

Although there is no such thing as a perfect speaker these Model T’s do a lot of things right. I listen to them about 80 percent of the time, and when I really wanna rock out I switch over to the Fostex. Not that the Model T can’t rock out. In the end I still feel there is no replacement for displacement. That being said I dare anyone to compare the Bryston Model T to any speaker 3, 4, 5 and maybe even 6 times the price point. I have had speakers in these price points in my room and they all left … the Brystons are staying.

Good work James.

Kyle

P.S. - You know what’s funny James, as big as my setup is, the Bryston Model T’s keep up and they are very dynamic. I have never given any feedback on a product I have purchased … was not worth my time or effort. I truly am happy with this purchase - enough to give my feedback.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 03-18-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:39 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T and Model T – Customer Feedback

April, 2018

James,

I have to tell you something that I am sure you know... everyone's ear is different. That being said, I have heard a lot of speakers in my time and many that I love are way out of my price range.

A really great guy from Audio Advisors who has since retired and always has given me the best advice turned me on to the Bryston Mini T's when they first came out.

No one had them that I could find in the East and i finally connected with Audio Video Therapy in Nashua , NH who by the way is an amazing store! Talk about personal service! Mark and John are just the best! I went down to listen to them and they sounded better than speakers that cost hundreds of dollars more.

I purchased them and have been in love in my listening ever since. Everyone who has heard them is amazed. So, I recently had a great chance to get a one year old pair of Model T' signatures from another great store in NJ. One I would highly recommend. Patrick is topnotch!

So the bottom line here is that the Bryston Model T speakers are just over the top for accuracy of sound. If you play a bad audio file, you get what you played but if you play a good one, the vocal and acoustical sound is the best I have heard.

They are phenomenal!

Back to the Mini T's, these speakers are also amazing. I am really torn as I can't hook up both unless you have some good switch that I don't know about, but the Bryston Mini T's are the most intimate speaker I have ever heard. The Model T's are the Mini's on steroids with that great bass but I would challenge anyone to find a better speaker than the Mini’s for their size!

I guess what I am saying is thanks! I love music and these Bryston speakers have added to the enjoyment in my life significantly. Thanks for all your advice.

Tom Bacon
Old 05-16-2018, 11:41 AM

Hi James,
What is the recommended stand height for the Mini T's? In the show pictures that I've seen it appears they are always mounted on target 20" tall stands. Would the 20" stands be recommended over the 24" stands?
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:42 PM

Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy1212 View Post
Hi James,
What is the recommended stand height for the Mini T's? In the show pictures that I've seen it appears they are always mounted on target 20" tall stands. Would the 20" stands be recommended over the 24" stands?
Thanks!
Hi

Its really not all that critical because the polar response of the Mini T is very wide in both the vertical and horizontal direction. So it really is more a matter of aesthetics.

james
Old 07-13-2018, 04:09 PM

https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index...ments-good-for
Old 08-31-2018, 05:01 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker – Dealer Comments

September, 2018

Bryston Mini As are back in stock and in a new(ish) finish - Espresso Walnut. I have to say this loudspeaker is one of the best values in our store.

It seems like a good time to quote myself from way back in November of 2015.

"Every once in a while a product comes along that completely defies expectation. The Bryston Mini A is that product! ...

This modestly sized, three-way stand mount loudspeaker is remarkable in its ability to disappear.

The bass weight is fantastic considering the low end duties are left to a 6 1/2″ woofer. Coherence is another strong suit; close your eyes and you’d swear you were in front of a pair of Magnepans.
They are that good.

At $1500.00/pair, they may be over looked by some and that would be a big mistake."

Simon,
Audio Ark
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T ‘ACTIVE’ – Customer Feedback

September, 2018

Hi James,

After some months of intense hearing and testing the Middle T Active system as promised, here I am with a more definitive feedback...

The system required some fine tuning and correct placement in the room (5x6 metres) to get the maximum from it.

Testing was conducted in many ways and with many albums of acoustical ensembles, always correct recorded music. Guess this is a good way to test the timbre and dynamic performance of a hi-fi system.

I involved as well a professional musician (guitar player) and compared his own music reproduced by the Bryston system and the real live concerts he has held, his own opinion being of course very important.

Results: outstanding performance of the Active system, the artist being reproduced in a life like manner, with incredible fast transients, perfect imaging and very natural and dynamic performance. Absolutely stunning. Every musical instrument, as well as voice were very material, perfectly isolated from the others, full bodied. Transparency and detail at top levels.

I guess the only upgrade possible would be moving to the bigger model T’s... The only tweak I have done was to place 30 kg of lead over each speaker, this leading to an even better detail and micro dynamic reproduction, not a dramatic improvement but definitely perceptible.

Thanks James...!
Dario