AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
yeah, right up there with their turntable IMO ......
I mentioned in another thread (or maybe even another forum) that the MT10 is one of the very few pieces of audio gear I've ever seen that doesn't photograph well.

I was going to get an MT5 because the photos of the MT10 online made it look like one helluva ugly duckling. In person, though, it looks really really nice. I was quite surprised.
NAD D3020 - Totem Dreamcatchers
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Went and saw all the new Audio Research Foundation Series today. Really nice looking stuff. But the Foundation VT 80 is the entry level ARC amp and its 9 thousand. Talking to the dealer and he said the Foundation Series is the only ARC equipment he's going to keep on the floor along with the CD6. Bryston and Prima Luna flies out the store while ARC Reference collects dust.

McIntosh MA5200 for 4500.00 is a very good sounding amp. All you need is pair of speakers a streaming device and you're ready to go. I suspect that's what they're trying to do with the MA252. Time will tell
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Any rumors or updates on the integrated?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jon.......I haven't read anything new about the MA252. The more I look at it the more homely it looks. I don't care for the sloped front panel at all, and the individual tube cages are hideous. A normal vertical face panel and perhaps a tube cage similar to what PrimaLuna uses would be far more attractive in my opinion.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jon.......I haven't read anything new about the MA252. The more I look at it the more homely it looks. I don't care for the sloped front panel at all, and the individual tube cages are hideous. A normal vertical face panel and perhaps a tube cage similar to what PrimaLuna uses would be far more attractive in my opinion.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:22 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Dan....Strange, it appears there is a MA252 emblem on the side as well (similar to the 275). Not really sure what is considered the "front" of the amp. Asthetics aside, I think a smaller, relatively inexpensive tube integrated from Mc would be cool to see and might sell well.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Jon.......McIntosh produced a small hybrid receiver with a tube preamp, solid state power amplifier, AM/FM tuner, and a CD/SACD player in a single unit with external speakers for their 60th Anniversary. It's called the MXA60. It delivers 75 watts per channel using the latest ThermalTrak output transistors, and has Power Guard and Sentry Monitor protection.

Granted, this packaged sound system is more than a small integrated like the MA252. I only mention it because in my opinion this is the design aesthetics that appeals to me. The upper portion of the MXA60 has the traditional black glass face with meters, plus a tube window and LED lit tubes. I am not that big on the slanted face but the general look is more pleasing to me than the MA252's hodgepodge of parts that fail to compliment each other. A hybrid integrated amplifier based on the look of the MXA60 would be a hot seller.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-30-2017, 07:30 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Jon.......McIntosh produced a small hybrid receiver with a tube preamp, solid state power amplifier, AM/FM tuner, and a CD/SACD player in a single unit with external speakers for their 60th Anniversary. It's called the MXA60. It delivers 75 watts per channel using the latest ThermalTrak output transistors, and has Power Guard and Sentry Monitor protection.

Granted, this packaged sound system is more than a small integrated like the MA252. I only mention it because in my opinion this is the design aesthetics that appeals to me. The upper portion of the MXA60 has the traditional black glass face with meters, plus a tube window and LED lit tubes. I am not that big on the slanted face but the general look is more pleasing to me than the MA252's hodgepodge of parts that fail to compliment each other. A hybrid integrated amplifier based on the look of the MXA60 would be a hot seller.
Totally agree.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Heard from a source, maybe next month...or something similar. A new Mc tube integrated.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jon.......Very interesting. Time will reveal all.