AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 09-18-2016, 11:38 PM

One guy or half guy, Ayre's response is pathetic, and that's what I take it from OP.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:16 AM

no more comments from myself, not worth the time

Last edited by imprezap2; 09-19-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Not to turn this into a Pass vs. Ayre thread, but I too have had nothing but phenomenal experiences when calling Ayre and, as I live in the area, have even been able to pop in a few times and have had some long conversations in person with Charlie as a result.

I can't comment on why the OP had the experience he did but it certainly runs contrary to every interaction I've had with them.

That having been said, it's great to hear that Pass is very friendly and helpful as well; my gold standard for that being regularly transferred to Jason Bloom when I would call Apogee back in the day.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:26 AM

kinda curious how so many Ayre owners are hanging out in the PASS forum, lol.

Go on, guys, make the leap. It's worth it.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:50 PM

I've had the Pass 150 in my system vs my AX-5/Twenty and it was outstanding, but not as good as my Ayre for micro and macro dynamics. It's not the same integrated at your 250, so I can't comment on that one. I have always enjoyed the Pass gear, but have always stayed away as they sell out the back door and they sell so much B stock and make so many deals, that it's hard for it to keep it's value. That's a personal thing with me and one reason I stopped buying Krell and Levinson even though I had very close ties to both (my ex has represented Mark in some legal proceedings). Again, if you can get your discount, maybe you can keep your value.

My interaction with Ayre is the reason I went in their direction. They were outstanding in having me speak with sales and engineering on a couple of topics. That was before I purchased their products. I've gotten to know Alex Brinkman recently and he's a great guy and more than eager to help customers or prospective customers.

I wasn't on your call, so I don't know what you wanted out of it or why you couldn't go through your local dealer if you had one. I don't know the tone you used or if someone there was very busy or not. It's too bad you were displeased, but it's good that you got the amp you wanted. They really must have hit something personal for you to be that upset to post such negative things on the internet.

Just because I don't own someone's gear, doesn't mean I don't troll their threads. I know many who do the same as we like to keep up on what's out there, because no dealer can carry everything out there and we like to keep an open mind and go listen at as much as possibly. Hope you are doing good.

Last edited by ctsooner; 10-02-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:51 PM

In my case i only can say that Pass Labs customer care and service is BY FAR the best i ever seen.
Imagine my face when i see an email from Desmond Harrington itself giving me thanks for purchase a brand new XP-20 preamp and for login in Pass Labs website the last year.
Another GENTLEMAN, maybe the nicest person you can find in any customer service, is Mr. Kent English.
This guy respond every mail that i send in 10 minutes maximum and makes you feel comfortable in every moment.
Nothing much to say, this people are the best.

Pablo

Last edited by PASSFREAK; 10-31-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-01-2016, 10:44 AM

Great to hear. Always love it when any company shows they care. I would never own anything for a company who didn't have great service. Many claim they do, but in reality don't always stand behind their equipment. Years ago in the 70's there were so many small companies (some of whom are the most well known today) bent over backwards to make folks happy and they still do today. The ones who didn't, are no longer around. Some of these made the best equipment, but couldn't make customers happy as their gear would constantly break down and they just wouldn't/couldn't stand behind things.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSFREAK View Post
....Another GENTLEMAN, maybe the nicest person you can find in any customer service, is Mr. Kent English.
This guy respond every mail that i send in 10 minutes maximum and makes you feel comfortable in every moment.
Nothing much to say, this people are the best.

Pablo
Pablo, so glad that you too experience the absolute delightful experience as have I when dealing with PASS, specifically with Kent. Being in the US, I've had the added pleasure of dealing with him over the phone.

I consult to large American companies on customer service/satisfaction issues. I use a recording of my call with Kent as an example of 'how to do it right' and contrast it with a recording of a call with the rep at another US high-end audio manufacturer. Many ask 'how is that second company still in business'?