AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 12-02-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
anybody see that phony BS truck tug-o-war that Tesla tried to pull off with it's ridiculous so-called truck ? Supposedly a 3 motored AWD Tesla pulling a Ford F150 in 2 wheel drive mode ?? if that's true Musk is a bigger phony than I first thought .........
The bulletproof glass was impressive.

Musk laughed off the failed stunt by saying there was “room for improvement.”

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smashresized.jpg (29.0 KB, 71 views)
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 12-02-2019, 01:26 PM

I’m trying to understand the impetus for bulletproof glass and why that was important for him to even show it on stage.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
The main reason for me going the EV route was because of the low cost. I lease my vehicles — I like a new vehicle every 3 years and I like never paying for service.

With a Federal Tax Credit of $7500 and no EV Sales Tax in NJ, it was a no-brainer. My $55,000 EV cost me only $281/month and I've never been to a gas station.

Ron
I hear you about never going to the gas station ... my point was that I can buy what I consider an equivalent car (quality and features) for far below the Tesla so I have the car I want (leased or purchased) and a free lifetime supply of gas and still have money for extra Albums and SACD's.

Also just saw this on Tesla's website:

Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit.

Looks like the tax credit has been substantially reduced? Does it get eliminated in the next year or two?

George

Last edited by gadawg; 12-02-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
I hear you about never going to the gas station ... my point was that I can buy what I consider an equivalent car (quality and features) for far below the Tesla so I have the car I want (leased or purchased) and a free lifetime supply of gas and still have money for extra Albums and SACD's.

Also just saw this on Tesla's website:

Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit.

Looks like the tax credit has been substantially reduced? Does it get eliminated in the next year or two?

George
I don't own a Tesla and not a fan either — company and owner too unstable for my liking.

The federal government and a number of states offer financial incentives, including tax credits, for lowering the up-front costs of plug-in electric vehicles (also known as electric cars or EVs).

The federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax credit is for $2,500 to $7,500 per new EV purchased for use in the U.S. The size of the tax credit depends on the size of the vehicle and its battery capacity. To find out specific tax credit amounts for individual vehicles, visit FuelEconomy.gov’s Tax Credits for Electric Vehicles and Tax Credits for Plug-in Hybrids pages. This tax credit will be available until 200,000 qualified EVs have been sold in the United States by each manufacturer, at which point the credit begins to phase out for that manufacturer. Currently, no manufacturers have been phased out yet.
https://www.energy.gov/eere/electric...her-incentives

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Forbes (Nov 30, 2019, 01:55pm) —
Tesla sent out a warning email this week that the federal tax credit for buying an electric vehicle will expire for good for Tesla EVs in less than five weeks.

That the tax credits will expire soon is no surprise, since the way the credits were structured when they were introduced in 2010 laid all of the rules out clearly. The first 200,000 buyers of plug-in vehicles - pure EVs and plug-in hybrids - from any automaker get to take advantage of tax credits that range between $2,500 and $7,500, depending on the size of the battery pack in the car they buy. After the first 200,000 are sold, tax incentives for EVs from that automaker start to decline in what's called the "phase out" period.

The Environmental Protection Agency tracks (to some degree) the progress the automakers are making on selling EVs. The exact sales figures are not listed, but the current value of the credits for each OEM are available. As you can see here, only Tesla and GM have sold enough plug-in vehicles for the credits to start phasing out. For Tesla, the phase out started on January 1, 2019. That’s when the $7,500 credit was cut in half to $3,750, and it stayed there until June 30. For the second half of 2019, the tax credits for Tesla EVs were just $1,875. And this is the amount that goes away entirely at the end of December, so any Tesla that gets ordered this year but delivered in 2020 will not qualify. GM EV’s are still in the $1,875 zone, and they will remain there until the end of March 2020.

Ron
Old 12-02-2019, 03:22 PM

Your wishes are coming sooner than you think —

Confirmed: BMW i4 with 600 km range and 530 horsepower

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/18/c...30-horsepower/

Ron
Old 12-02-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
Your wishes are coming sooner than you think —

Confirmed: BMW i4 with 600 km range and 530 horsepower

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/18/c...30-horsepower/

Ron

That looks like a really nice car. Thanks for posting. 375 mile range is getting interesting.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v